GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Capitals @ Senators - Oct 5, 2017, 7:30

+2
PTFlea
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Aaaaaaaaaaand we're back.  

The Sens open the season tonight, at home, versus the reigning regular season champs, the Capitals.  It'll be the freshly-extended Matrix up against Holtby in net.  No Karlsson, yet, for the good guys, but Brassard will be in the lineup.  As will Logan Brown.

Noted pest Tom Wilson is suspended for the Caps, so that's nice.  The Caps also just signed Alex Chiasson after his PTO, so look for him to get a hat trick in true Ottawa Senators tradition.

Here's the TSN preview: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/washington-capitals-ottawa-senators-20171005

New this season at the CTC: A house band called the "Missing Chiclets". Hey, they're trying something new.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So true that Chiasson will probably get a hat trick.

Phaneuf/Ceci vs Ovechkin/Backstrom all night long.

I assume Formenton is a scratch which is too bad, but we can enjoy Brown's debut. Go Sens!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PP Units:

Stone-Brown-Ryan
Wideman-Brassard

Burrows-Turris-Dzingel
Phaneuf-Hoffman

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:PP Units:

Stone-Brown-Ryan
Wideman-Brassard

Burrows-Turris-Dzingel
Phaneuf-Hoffman

Intriguing...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, there goes my prediction of Sens PP being top 5.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's the full lines:

Hoffman - Turris - Smith
Stone - Brassard - Ryan
Dzingel - Brown - Burrows
Pageau - Thompson - Pyatt

Oduya - Ceci
Phaneuf - Claesson
Boro - Wideman

Anderson

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Here's the full lines:

Hoffman - Turris - Smith
Stone - Brassard - Ryan

Oduya - Ceci
Phaneuf - Claesson
Boro - Wideman

Anderson

Well, we all know those won't stay together long, unless Holtby lays an egg and we're scoring at will. Pageau is not a 4th liner; he should be our 3LC. Brown has had chemistry centering Ryan/Stone and the last time he started with Dzingle/Burrows it didn't end well, and he finished with Ryan/Stone.

Which one of Claesson/Phaneuf playing on their wrong side? Phaneuf has a long history playing there, Claesson doesn't have a long history. Both can be physical enough to step up on the left side, but Phaneuf is definitely the heavier hitter at this moment.

I don't know. Guy, you're killing me.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Here's the full lines:

Hoffman - Turris - Smith
Stone - Brassard - Ryan

Oduya - Ceci
Phaneuf - Claesson
Boro - Wideman

Anderson

Well, we all know those won't stay together long, unless Holtby lays an egg and we're scoring at will.  Pageau is not a 4th liner; he should be our 3LC.  Brown has had chemistry centering Ryan/Stone and the last time he started with Dzingle/Burrows it didn't end well, and he finished with Ryan/Stone.  

Which one of Claesson/Phaneuf playing on their wrong side?  Phaneuf has a long history playing there, Claesson doesn't have a long history.  Both can be physical enough to step up on the left side, but Phaneuf is definitely the heavier hitter at this moment.

I don't know.  Guy, you're killing me.
Yeah... those lines and pairings are atrocious.  Karlsson can't come back soon enough. And we need smith off that top line. Changes Dorion! Changes!

I wouldn't put money on the game tonight but the first few games of a season can be such a crap shoot sometimes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Caps are in tough. If Ovie doesn't get back to scoring 40+ and/or Holtby isn't a Vezina finalist they are in trouble. That's a tough Division.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brassard has been fantastic.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Caps are in tough.  If Ovie doesn't get back to scoring 40+ and/or Holtby isn't a Vezina finalist they are in trouble. That's a tough Division.
you really like putting a jinx on things eh?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good game. Brassard Ryan and Stond were awesome. Bobby is gonna have a great year

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty fun game to go to. Im glad to get the point.

Emphasis on stone, Ryan and brassard being awesome and ceci being awful.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not a great outcome but a nice tune up for a promising season. Line 1 needs to get their arses in gear, not a good showing.

Wideman shows once again that he's better than The Cecer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah agreed, Hoffman was fine but turris was non existent

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum