GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm

+5
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 6:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Having already accomplished the split and won home ice, the Sens will attempt to go one step further and do the unthinkable. While some jokingly predicted Pens in 3, we know there will be a game 5 back here in Pittsburgh ... or do we?

No lineup changes expected for Ottawa. Don't think we'll see Murray for Pittsburgh, as Fleury was pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised, though, to see some changes elsewhere.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Matrix has fully entered #Beastmode now, so here's hoping that continues. Sounds like Stalberg might be ready to step back in, so that would mean Wingels or Dzingel comes out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Andy is in beast mode then they could very well go up 2-0. If that happens, they would be do well to remember that the Oilers were up 2-0 coming home.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was it Maata that Ryan blew by in OT? Wonder of we might see a change on the back end. If not, more of our forwards should try to go wide.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looking at the Penguins defensive depth (if you can call it that) it's a bit of a mess. Daley is likely still out tonight,  although he is getting close. That means a top pairing of Cole-Schultz?  How did we only score one in 60 minutes?  Oh,  yeah,  penalties.

Streit could come in to replace Maata,  I suppose,  but is he any faster pushing 40?  Besides,  Dumoulin appears to be playing hurt so maybe Streit would replace him,  instead.

6ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 10:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think the Penguins are in a position to pull out any of the current d-men. There's just no depth there when they already have Letang and Daley on the shelf. Maata was the guy Ryan blew by (somehow), but he's actually one of their better defenders, so there's no way they'll sit him.

7ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 10:40 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think the Penguins are in a position to pull out any of the current d-men. There's just no depth there when they already have Letang and Daley on the shelf. Maata was the guy Ryan blew by (somehow), but he's actually one of their better defenders, so there's no way they'll sit him.

I'm not a fan of Maata. I think he's soft. He also gets injured daily.

8ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I think Matrix has fully entered #Beastmode now, so here's hoping that continues.  Sounds like Stalberg might be ready to step back in, so that would mean Wingels or Dzingel comes out.  

I hope they keep Dzingel in just for the foot speed and offensive potential. Wingels hasn't been bad per sa just not noticeable.

- Unknown Author

9ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thought we'd win on Saturday and then lose tonight, but now not so sure. I won't be disappointed if we do.

10ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 1:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hornqvist and Hagelin may miss game 2.

11ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hornqvist and Hagelin may miss game 2.

If that's the case that's really starting to test their depth. People may have questioned my thoughts on preferring the Pens this round but, maybe it wasn't such a far fetched idea after all?

Crosby is definitely not 100%, The two above, if they play, sounds like they're pretty banged up, missing their top 2 D and the Pens have played a tonne of hockey with having a short summer last season and having had a tough grinding series vs. the Caps.

- Unknown Author

12ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 2:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Thought we'd win on Saturday and then lose tonight, but now not so sure. I won't be disappointed if we do.

I've got my last 7 grand riding on a Sens sweep... Ohnoes! Freakout

13ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:Thought we'd win on Saturday and then lose tonight, but now not so sure. I won't be disappointed if we do.

Pppffff sounds like a no brainer to me! You'll be a rich man soon!

14ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

15ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#2: Sens @ Pens, May 15, 8:00 pm Mon May 15, 2017 4:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Sens can go up 2-0 if they stick to their game. Anderson will have to be good, but the neutral zone trap has been effective so far. Go Sens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum