GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

R2GDT#2: Rangers @ Sens, April 29, 3:00pm

+5
spader
PTFlea
Ev
Oglethorpe
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

This is going to OT.  Turris and Stone will have a big 3rd period.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't believe it!!!!

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Told you.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Any word on C Mac injury?

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pageau!!!!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Told you.

I'm curious. What are you using for the power source. For your time machine?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

AV sounded like he was almost in tears.  The only guy in the studio having fun with this is McLean. He doesn't have the Sens like the rest of them.

Wonder what the Ranger fans are saying now.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This feels really good and should go a long way into dismantling the confidence of the rangers!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cussing unreal man.  Just nuts

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Remember when I said we broke Lundqvist? I was kinda joking, but who knows. He really was struggling all night. Still wondering how Karlsson scored.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Remember when I said we broke Lundqvist?  I was kinda joking, but who knows.  He really was struggling all night.  Still wondering how Karlsson scored.

Yes. And he has an extra day to let those doubts fester. Sens in 4!!!!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Andy was trash yesterday. He'll have a big bounce back game on Tuesday. We can win a
In multiple ways, and as last year and some playoff games have shown, we can score plenty when needed. This team is deep.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well now. That was crazy. The Rags must just be feeling crushed.

I thought we might come back in the 3rd, but after the Rangers put it at 5-3, I figured we were probably done. Some fans left at that point lol.

So many guys made good plays to keep us in it, including Turris saving that wraparound in OT.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Andy was trash yesterday. He'll have a big bounce back game on Tuesday. We can win a
In multiple ways, and as last year and some playoff games have shown, we can score plenty when needed. This team is deep.

Andy was the only one keeping it close in the 1st and parts of 2nd. But let's face it, both goalies gave up 5 regulation goals, Andy faced more rubber. They were both bad, but Andy was less bad. And more lucky, perhaps.

If they had lost the game then I'd agree he'd have a huge bounce back game. Now I'm not so sure. He loves playing in MSG (something like 7-1-1 lifetime) so there's that. Obviously both goalies should be better than they were in the last game. Lundqvist is way too experienced to carry these two losses over and let them affect his performance in the next game. His game 1 performance *should* have stolen them a win, yet they lost. He certainly can have another similar performance, but can he have 4 like that? I fully expect Andy to steal at least one game in this series. I could come as early as Tuesday, and if it does, this may actually be a sweep.

Getting way ahead of things, so I'd better stop.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Well now. That was crazy. The Rags must just be feeling crushed.

I thought we might come back in the 3rd, but after the Rangers put it at 5-3, I figured we were probably done. Some fans left at that point lol.

So many guys made good plays to keep us in it, including Turris saving that wraparound in OT.

I witnessed people leaving too.  Idiots.  Wake up this morning and feel shame

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I heard it was sold out yesterday? Was the other game an anomaly?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I heard it was sold out yesterday? Was the other game an anomaly?

Attendance has been a problem all season long. 7:30 on a school night meant all those parents who wanted to take their kid bought G2 tickets.

Last time we didn't sell out a playoff game was probably against the Devils over 10 years ago, I think.

Half of Ottawa's population are Habs or Leafs fans, and with both those teams out they don't care much for hockey overall. Price is another factor with the Phoenix pay system affecting a lot of public sector workers. Increasing parking fees by $10 is obscene. The product on ice is worth more, for sure, but parking?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

3 things affecting attendance IMO.  

1. The Sens have been a middling team for a decade so the buzz around the team is low.  

2. Disposable income is down for GoC employees due to wage stagnation and CoL increases in Ontario, Phoenix doesn't help but just raises the level of concern.  

3. Arena location.  Since the Lebreton site became reality people are much less likely to make the trek from distance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum