GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT #5, Bruins @ Sens @, April 21, 7:30PM

+6
Ev
Oglethorpe
spader
rooneypoo
tim1_2
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Come on! The PP needs to get better, the passing is too slow. Drive the net.

At least the execution of the game looks a lot more crisp and fluid in this game. You can feel they're playing with more confidence with three games won.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Almost half way through third Sens without a shot on goal.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Is it Bobby Time yet?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Me and my older daughter will be in attendance.  I've told her there's no whining to go home no matter how many overtimes it goes to.

Two and counting.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That was a hard loss. im sure they'll be exhausted heading into Boston Dung the momentum. They'll really have to press the pace of the game more. They fell back too much. Even by the third it almost looked like they were exhausted.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Loss is on Andy for that terrible wraparound. He'll bounce back next game

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully they can wrap it up Sunday

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Hopefully they can wrap it up Sunday

Weren't they supposed to wrap it up YESTERDAY?!?!?!?! What the hell?!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Loss is on Andy for that terrible wraparound. He'll bounce back next game

Classic. Maybe score a goal on one of the many PPs?

Anyway, they just gotta play with a bit more intensity next game and it should be fine. Krejci is on one leg, their D is a mess, and we play well in Boston.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I may get banned but Karlsson blew it on the winning goal. Let Anderson take the shot and Karlsson is responsible for the guy next to him. Karlsson tried to do to much, simple play was to play the man coming in for a rebound. Let the goalie save the shots.

I also was not impressed with Harpur, he's played well but yesterday's game was poor. I was worried every time Wideman and Harpur were out there together.

Let's hope we can finish it tomorrow, so many chances last night.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Harpur was fine. I saw him make a lot of small plays to get the puck out and initiate a rush from his own end.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The wraparound that wasn't. Andy has trouble pushing off with his right leg to go across to the left. Ever since that high ankle sprain on the Kreider slide. This play was not a wraparound. He was already on the post, he just didn't hug it with his arm and blocker and the puck bounced off Wideman's skate.

Yes, it was on him for not having his arm and blocker flush against the post. But it was not the usual inability to go right to left on a wraparound by a LHS.

On the winner Karlsson did not cover Kuraly. But Andy did not control the rebound. It was a gift all around.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Loss is on Andy for that terrible wraparound. He'll bounce back next game

Classic.  Maybe score a goal on one of the many PPs?

Anyway, they just gotta play with a bit more intensity next game and it should be fine. Krejci is on one leg, their D is a mess, and we play well in Boston.

It's fact. Outshot the bruins agin. Rask was better than Anderson

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:I may get banned but Karlsson blew it on the winning goal. Let Anderson take the shot and Karlsson is responsible for the guy next to him. Karlsson tried to do to much, simple play was to play the man coming in for a rebound. Let the goalie save the shots.

I also was not impressed with Harpur, he's played well but yesterday's game was poor. I was worried every time Wideman and Harpur were out there together.

Let's hope we can finish it tomorrow, so many chances last night.

Disagree. I thought Harpur was good, always making the right plays, and he played almost as much as methot. Weideman dragfed the team down yesterday.

As for Karlsson, don't really blame anybody in double OT personally. Mentally you're just not going to be perfect

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

All I'm saying is that there is more blame to place than just on Andy.  0 for 5 on the PP.  A crossbar.  A missed open net.  A breakaway in OT not cashed in.

Yes, Andy should've stopped that wraparound chance, but when he gives up 2 goals into double OT, we also had plenty of chances to WIN it. Your tendency to blame every loss on Anderson is silly.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

All I'm saying is that there is more blame to place than just on Andy.  0 for 5 on the PP.  A crossbar.  A missed open net.  A breakaway in OT not cashed in.

Yes, Andy should've stopped that wraparound chance, but when he gives up 2 goals into double OT, we also had plenty of chances to WIN it.  Your tendency to blame every loss on Anderson is silly.

Not blaming him on every loss, but if he was just a bit better we would be done the series right now. Sens should have swept them. We've been the better team every game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget the disallowed goal.  Two in two games.

But I wouldn't say Rask outplayed Andy.  He had one fantastic save and a bunch of saves you expect him to make. Anderson made more of those types of saves.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rask was very good but let's be honest here. What's more problematic here, andy's play or our PP? It's clearly the PP. they take way to long to execute or having players on their offside when they get set up. It was clearly not executed fast enough to be able to fool rask on its speed and it's not like many guys actually go disrupt the front of the net.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum