GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game #1: Bruins @ Sens, Apr 12, 2017, 7:00pm

+4
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did the Bruins actually just go the whole 2nd period without a shot???!!!???

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, this is a phisical match-up! The sens are really taking it to a new level. There's fire there!!!

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Uuurggghhhh... Facepalm we we're doing so well.... how do you go from that second period to that third? It's gonna be a tough patch up it seems

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It will be a long series. Bruins may be down another defenseman. Karlsson will have another couple days to rehab - he certainly wasn't close to 100%.

Really disgusted with the refs. First period McAvoy was grabbing everyone with both hands and never got a call. That trip on Boro was such an awful call. I hope they watch the replay and feel ashamed. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt next time. Then blowing the whistle when Chara broke his blade - just awful. There was no hit, at worst they could have assumed he hurt his ankle, which is never a whistle. Then in the third nothing was a penalty.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No excuse for that third period.  And what a terrible shift that led to the winning goal.   Otherwise it was a good two periods by ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens played really well. Bobby Ryan and Clarke macarafhur were awesome. Expect more minutes from them Saturday.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That third period shift that cost us the game though. ...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Y'know, this was supposed to be an incredibly tight matchup, and that's what we got. Rask terrifies me, and he was really on his game last night. We just sat back a bit too much in the 3rd, and Boston turned it up. We'll need Turris with whoever to generate a bit more offense.

Karlsson's health scares me a bit...he certainly wasn't 100%, but was still capable of breaking the puck up ice...hopefully he feels a bit better for game 2.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First period they dominated 5-5 but all those penalties, yikes. One of the trips on Stone looked a lot like a dive. That "trip" on Boro was ridiculously lame and wrong. He did not stick any part of his leg out, only contact made was to the chest of Miller with his gloved hands. The guy hurt himself either trying to jump out of the way or landing awkwardly. That is not a penalty, no-how, no-way, not even close. Why those idiots in stripes were gathering together to discuss it is anyone's guess, but I bet it went something like this:
- Did you see anything?
- No, did you?
- Must have been something, but since nobody saw anything we can't give him 5-and-a-game.

Complete and utter dominance in the second but then they let up on that tying goal. Forwards were cheating for a breakout, MacArthur ****ed up on the clearing shot, Andy didn't simply catch the high flip-in.

Stone wasn't 100%. Karlsson wasn't 100%. In addition to MacArthur there were several other weak clearing attempts (Phaneuf comes to mind, but there were certainly others). I wonder if they were afraid of icing the puck and having to do a defensive zone faceoff against Bergeron.

Speaking of faceoffs, just what the heck are the rules on tossing someone? Two attempts in a row the Boston player spins into the dot before the puck is dropped. He gets a warning each time but they still keep him in. Third attempt he does the same thing but the puck is actually dropped. Pretty sure you're not allowed to spin your entire freaking body into the faceoff circle before the puck is dropped. Doing it twice in a row should get you tossed. There was one time in the last game against Boston where Turris was tossed because the other guy spun into the dot. I've long been saying that the best faceoff guys are the ones who are the best at cheating. Hate that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Refs had a rough game, but no one to blame but ourselves and Boucher for that third. We were outplayed, outcoached, outeverythinged. Thankfully Boston doesn't look great either.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't say we were "outplayed". The 1st was even, with a slight edge to Ottawa. The second we dominated, and the third we were slightly outplayed by Boston. Marchand basically summed it up nicely after the game, saying they got a couple good bounces and that was that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In the first they only *outplayed* us because of the penalties, two of which were bogus. If I were a conspiracy nut I'd suggest that the first penalty was called because the Sens were dominating the Bruins. The shots were close but the 10-bell chances were clearly in Ottawa's favor and I had the distinct feeling that it was just a matter of time, and then the floodgates could open. Instead, after *numerous* holds and hooks the first penalty goes to to the Senators.

The second period was all Sens.

The third was a let-down. Chances were pretty even, but Sens definitely took the foot off the gas pedal. Overall, the Sens kept the shots to under 30 which is all you can ask for, and the shots themselves were not all that difficult to handle. Their work in front of their own crease is very poor, though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't say we were "outplayed".  The 1st was even, with a slight edge to Ottawa.  The second we dominated, and the third we were slightly outplayed by Boston.  Marchand basically summed it up nicely after the game, saying they got a couple good bounces and that was that.

They let up in the third. It was such a diametric change from the second it probably made it stand out more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum