GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #80: Sens @ Bruins, Apr 6, 2017, 7:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:With MacArthur back in the line-up, you got to love the depth we have up front. I'd still like to see a top 6 LW join the team next year. But this is more depth than we've had in years.

Smith, Ryan will he back. Neil is ready. White.

And Dido.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Couldn't have planned it any better.

Thanks, Matrix

Keep Bobby out of the lineup.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well we might be facing the Bruins in these playoffs after all. Either way, Bruins, leafs. Lets get it going!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's unbelievable how bad the Bruins offense is without the rat. Kinda like the Sens without Karlsson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Bs really struggled. It was glorious. The lineup decisions coming up will be very interesting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Bs really struggled. It was glorious. The lineup decisions coming up will be very interesting.

Pierre keeps talking about how the bbalance of power in the East will shift when Boston inserts McAvoy and two other rookies into their lineup. And I think he even meant that they would take on the Caps and win. Sorry, they might be fine NHLers down the road but I literally refuse to believe that three rookies who have not played a single pro game could help out to that extent.

Sure, if Krug is out for any significant amount of time you can bet that McAvoy will be brought in, and he will start playing 7-10 minutes on the 3rd pairing. He won't even replace Krug's minutes, much less his offensive contributions. Will he eventually be a better NHLer? Very possible, but right off the bat like that? Extremely unlikely. And to suggest that not one, but *THREE* college kids will be able to make a significant difference on the roster is nothing short of preposterous.

Harpur came in last night and was 4 seconds short of having the most ice time on the Sens. That was unexpected, to say the least, but Harpur is in his second year pro, and this is his third call up (second one this season). Even if McAvoy skips the AHL (it's possible) it's a little presumptuous that he will be anything but a third pairing guy to start. And then multiply the odds of *one* such player making it by *three*.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's just great that Krug is injured and Karlsson will be good to start the playoffs. Now if Auston Matthews could go ahead and break a leg, everything would be awesome.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Bs really struggled. It was glorious. The lineup decisions coming up will be very interesting.

Pierre keeps talking about how the bbalance of power in the East will shift when Boston inserts McAvoy and two other rookies into their lineup.  And I think he even meant that they would take on the Caps and win.  Sorry, they might be fine NHLers down the road but I literally refuse to believe that three rookies who have not played a single pro game could help out to that extent.

Sure, if Krug is out for any significant amount of time you can bet that McAvoy will be brought in, and he will start playing 7-10 minutes on the 3rd pairing.  He won't even replace Krug's minutes, much less his offensive contributions.  Will he eventually be a better NHLer?  Very possible, but right off the bat like that?  Extremely unlikely.  And to suggest that not one, but *THREE* college kids will be able to make a significant difference on the roster is nothing short of preposterous.

Harpur came in last night and was 4 seconds short of having the most ice time on the Sens.  That was unexpected, to say the least, but Harpur is in his second year pro, and this is his third call up (second one this season).  Even if McAvoy skips the AHL (it's possible) it's a little presumptuous that he will be anything but a third pairing guy to start.  And then multiply the odds of *one* such player making it by *three*.

The mistake you're making is taking that turtleneck seriously.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I know Pierre's strengths and weaknesses. Plus I don't think I've ever seen him wear a turtleneck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was there ever an update on Krug's injury? Could be nothing.

As for Matthews, he took a nasty knee from Dotchin that wasn't penalized. Appeared to be OK, but never know how it feels the next day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum