GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #80: Sens @ Bruins, Apr 6, 2017, 7:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, the Isles can still catch them. Another thing Walter is wrong about. I'm losing track.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension?  He is obviously going to get a game or two.

Hopefully Karlsson plays tonight and then gets rested maybe on Sunday, giving him a few days off heading into the playoffs.  

Marchand has 4 previous suspensions.  He got a call after his slew foot on Kronwall and got a $10K fine.  It happens.  I think Dotchin was not hurt on the play as much as he showed, and he didn't miss a shift.  

Frankly I don't care if he gets suspended or not.  If he doesn't get anything, then the refs will surely be keeping a very close eye on him (and then Burrows could get away with a few things Smile ).

Wrong again, Walter.

Wrong about predicting what the DOPS decides? Yeah, that's quite common.

But you're not going to acknowledge your own misstep?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:A loser point or a loss by Tampa in Toronto gets the Sens into the playoffs.  A win solidifies their lead for second place and home ice advantage in the first round.

Boston is hot,  having won 6 in a row.  Marchand has 39 goals and will find out later today if he gets a chance at 40. After escaping justice on two slew-foot incidents in one week,  I doubt he gets anything other than time served.

Clarke McArthur played less than 10 minutes in his first game in 18 months. He will improve going forward,  but at this point he is still a 4th liner. Karlsson is on the limp.  Andy will have to be in #BeastMode.

Go Sens go!

Are you sure about that? I believe that if the Sens lose their remaining games, NYI could still catch them if they win out (and win at least 2 in reg).

EDIT: This also assumes that Boston and Toronto take the 2nd and 3rd spots in the division, leaving the Sens in a precarious position in the WC spot.

Yep, I caught that earlier on twitter. Forgot to update here.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension?  He is obviously going to get a game or two.

Hopefully Karlsson plays tonight and then gets rested maybe on Sunday, giving him a few days off heading into the playoffs.  

Marchand has 4 previous suspensions.  He got a call after his slew foot on Kronwall and got a $10K fine.  It happens.  I think Dotchin was not hurt on the play as much as he showed, and he didn't miss a shift.  

Frankly I don't care if he gets suspended or not.  If he doesn't get anything, then the refs will surely be keeping a very close eye on him (and then Burrows could get away with a few things Smile ).

Wrong again, Walter.

Wrong about predicting what the DOPS decides? Yeah,  that's quite common.

Help us out. What was Tim's misstep? I didn't catch it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Wrong again, Walter.

Wrong about predicting what the DOPS decides? Yeah,  that's quite common.

Help us out. What was Tim's misstep? I didn't catch it.

There's many to choose from.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci will play. Kevin sits.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is what Tim said:
Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension? He is obviously going to get a game or two.

He was clearly right about the gave or two but he inferred that from a false assumption.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Inferred is probably the wrong word here but I'm too lazy to look it up.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:This is what Tim said:
Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension?  He is obviously going to get a game or two.

He was clearly right about the gave or two but he inferred that from a false assumption.

wprager wrote:Inferred is probably the wrong word here but I'm too lazy to look it up.

You probably wanted to say, "He was clearly right about the game or two, but he was basing that on a false assumption."

You're welcome!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That goal didn't look good for Anderson. He's never been good at stopping wraparounds.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Wideman just handed the puck over 3 times in one shift. He looks brutal right now. Maybe just a bad shift.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice one from stalberg with that screen, thats the type of goals we probably should be getting more often.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With MacArthur back in the line-up, you got to love the depth we have up front. I'd still like to see a top 6 LW join the team next year. But this is more depth than we've had in years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:This is what Tim said:
Prags, how often do you see a player, especially one with a rap sheet, get a hearing and come away without a suspension?  He is obviously going to get a game or two.

wprager wrote:Inferred is probably the wrong word here but I'm too lazy to look it up.

You probably wanted to say, "He was clearly right about the game or two, but he was basing that on a false assumption."

You're welcome!

Ya, that's right.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Wideman just handed the puck over 3 times in one shift. He looks brutal right now. Maybe just a bad shift.

Someone tweeted that Harpur had double Wideman's ice time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:With MacArthur back in the line-up, you got to love the depth we have up front. I'd still like to see a top 6 LW join the team next year. But this is more depth than we've had in years.

Smith, Ryan will he back. Neil is ready. White.

And Dido.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Couldn't have planned it any better.

Thanks, Matrix

Keep Bobby out of the lineup.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well we might be facing the Bruins in these playoffs after all. Either way, Bruins, leafs. Lets get it going!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum