GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #57: Jets @ Sens, Feb 19, 2017, 5:00pm

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Is it time to start using the Draft lottery simulator ?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bad first shot goal, bad cameras angles. But the team had no push back after Stone got hit. No one went after Trouba (or Scheifelr or Laine, for that matter). They didn't score on the ensuing powerplay.

Can a ref call a major on a hit to the head? If they can, that should have been a major. Boucher was clearly upset it was only 2 and he likely knows the rulebook better than the refs. But not sure if he was calling for a double minor or major. IMO when an illegal play results in an injury that knocks the player out the guilty party should receive an automatic game misconduct. That is exactly how the DOPS works - if the play broke a rule and the other player got injured, then a suspension is handed out. But the team whose player got hurt is rarely the beneficiary. Five gashes? Big deal, we don't see this team again for six months (or whatever arbitrarily long time).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I missed how Hoffman got hurt.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just hope it's not a concussion for stone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They keep saying how he missed a lot of time on the Byfuglien hit, but that was a chest contusion. Then the talk about the confusion in the pre season. But I don't recall them ever officially using the C word. Could have been whiplash.

The way it looked last night he wasn't woozy at all. I think it was his neck. But they won't say anything until the DOP(e)S are done with their call.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fingers crossed it's the neck and nothing too bad.  McCormick,  varone and bailey I would guess come up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Fingers crossed it's the neck and nothing too bad.  McCormick,  varone and bailey I would guess come up.

Paul is the only one with the size we need of birth Ryan and Stone are out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

.. and Wingels.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget the injury he had in December when his wrist was cut by a skate. He escaped a major injury (severed tendons or major blood vessels) but it was still a pretty gruesome injury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum