GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #54: Sabres @ Sens, Feb 14, 2017, 7:30pm

+3
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens game day, Valentine's edition. Hopefully we don't show Lehner too much love on his festive occasion. Will Matrix have a bit of a let down after his great game on Saturday? Sources say, "no."

I'm unsure what other line changes, if any, we'll see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens have never lost Valentine's Day.

Then, again, they had never been shut out by a former goalie, until the last game against the Sabres.

Seriously, though, Ottawa had lost three of the four games against Buffalo this year. Their only win came in a shootut. WTH?

Buffalo come off a bad game against Vancouver after which Lehner pushed the team in the direction of a bus. Didn't quite throw them under, but still. No idea how they will react or respond. Lehner had to go out and "clarify" how he didn't mean what he clearly said. I, for one, was not convinced. Sounded to me like he was asked by management to provide this "clarification" so, hopefully, he ruffled enough Buffalo feathers to make it a little easier to get to him in the crease.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boucher already said NEIL=IN. Not sure if Claesson comes out or if he keeps going with 7D.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We owe them a nice, solid beating.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Boucher already said NEIL=IN. Not sure if Claesson comes out or if he keeps going with 7D.

I caught that too. He said that the Sens didn't play the physical game that they needed to play against Buffalo and that his lineups are meant to match the team they're playing. Can't argue with that. It's working so far. It's nice that they have some pieces to work with for the different scenarios. A coach who is responsive to the team he's playing and the personnel he has? I'm down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He will go with 6D. Lazar sits, Wingles-Kelly-Neil 4th line. Wideman is not 100% so we might still see Claesson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kane a little under the weather, game time decision.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lazar isn't trusted at all anymore, is he.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:We owe them a nice, solid beating.

16 - nil.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Lazar isn't trusted at all anymore, is he.
Expansion fodder.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT - Game #54: Sabres @ Sens, Feb 14, 2017, 7:30pm C4pgvbQUkAE0v5y

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Helluva game by Bobby Ryan.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cussing Buffalo, what the hell is it lately?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What can ya do...Drastically out shoot em, be the better team, sometimes it just doesn't go your way. Nice to see Bobby actually try.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They still didn't make it difficult on Lehner. Buffalo blocked 28 shots! That's unreal. But there were just a couple plays where they went hard to the net and Phaneuf scored on one of those.

Lehner didn't have to slash or shove a single player, and nobody got so much as a glove on the face for digging after a whistle.

Are they truly afraid of him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum