GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #29: Sens @ Ducks, Dec 11, 2016, 4:00pm

+4
tim1_2
PTFlea
dennycrane
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Has anyone seen Bobby Ryan?

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Well, that was bad.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I tend to disagree. This shows us that we've been relying a lot of Anderson, that there are glaring holes in our top 6 never mind the top 9 and that we are nowhere near ready to contend seriously.
I know. Back to back. But still.

If dorion wants to feed us the line that we should compete now I hope that he takes this road trip for himself to evaluate our team and see how much is actually missing for us to compete.

I'm all for the win now philosophy but let's be honest. It won't happen until he brings in more pieces.
That first rounder for this year has got to be in play. Heck, anyone not part of our top 3 prospect is in play. And that includes lazar or anyone else that's promising on the farm.

My major disagreement to this is that the Sens have looked like a very good team several times. They just need to find consistency. I think we saw the worst of the Sens last game. If they can bounce back and dominate in a few games over the next week or so, they'll be fine.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I tend to disagree. This shows us that we've been relying a lot of Anderson, that there are glaring holes in our top 6 never mind the top 9 and that we are nowhere near ready to contend seriously.

If dorion wants to feed us the line that we should compete now I hope that he takes this road trip for himself to evaluate our team and see how much is actually missing for us to compete.

I'm all for the win now philosophy but let's be honest. It won't happen until he brings in more pieces.
That first rounder for this year has got to be in play. Heck, anyone not part of our top 3 prospect is in play. And that includes lazar or anyone else that's promising on the farm.

My major disagreement to this is that the Sens have looked like a very good team several times. They just need to find consistency. I think we saw the worst of the Sens last game. If they can bounce back and dominate in a few games over the next week or so, they'll be fine.

Couple things. First, too many penalties (Dzingel had two slashing minors -- utterly unnecessary) and Phaneuf-Ceci as the top PK unit were dreadful. Both look like they're skating in mud. If Phaneuf is slow because of some injury then he should stay close to the crease and clear everyone out of the way; that wasn't happening. Second, there was absolutely no compete from anyone. The coach called it a "no-show all around" and I agree. That was pathetic and not at all what we've seen in the recent past. Third, the so-called stars are slumping hard: Phaneuf, Ryan, Turris, Hoffman -- even Stone; on the 4-game road triup he has 2 goals (both on the PP), 7 shots on goal, 2 hits and just 3 takeaways (and 3 giveaways) -- that's hardly being involved, IMO.

If the guys making the $3M+ don't step up then this team is not going to go very far. Right now they are, amazingly, still second in the Division but they are just 2 points up on Boston and 4 up on Tampa. Are they going to continue losing like this (2-7-1 in their last 10 and on a 3-game losing streak)? If the Sens don't string together a few wins before Christmas they could find themselves fighting to stay in the top three -- it doesn't look like any Wildcard spots are going to the Atlantic Division this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, great, it's starting:
https://hockey30.com/nouvelles/guy-boucher-a-humilie-son-equipe

Headlines like that could make him lose the room very quickly. He needs to address this (internally); I'm not saying apologize to the team, but he needs to do something.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Has anyone seen Bobby Ryan?
You mean his wicked pass?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Oh, great, it's starting:

Headlines like that could make him lose the room very quickly.  He needs to address this (internally); I'm not saying apologize to the team, but he needs to do something.
It's hockey30. Probably the dumbest site out there. Laughing3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

It's more than consistency if you ask me. The pieces just aren't there to be a real contender. We're faking it . The system can go so far. We need more quality players.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Headlines like that could make him lose the room very quickly.  He needs to address this (internally); I'm not saying apologize to the team, but he needs to do something.

Can someone give a quick (translated) summary for us anglophones please?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

The emotion of playing for the Gregger is wearing off and we have had bad goaltending in all 3 losses during this trip. For the first time in years I believe we are relying on goaltending to win. Yesterday's game was predictable and exactly what I figured would happen.

The team will likely be a no show, at least for the 1st period Wednesday, against SJ but after that I think it will normalize to a slightly better than average team.

The toughest stretch of the schedule was always going to be this month and if they are in playoff position by Jan 1 they will be just fine.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

It's hockey30. Probably the dumbest site out there. Laughing3

They are not the only ones reporting this, although probably not too many worded it quite like that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

It's more than consistency if you ask me. The pieces just aren't there to be a real contender. We're faking it . The system can go so far. We need more quality players.

We have plenty of quality players that are not producing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Seriously not worth it. Saying if he wines he will lose the room... again.
Hockey30 used to be funny as a distraction. Now they are more like a mindless tabloid with very little knowledge about any players or teams outside of Montreal. And even there it's thin. Reactionary drivel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

The headline basically says Boucher humiliated the team in public. I didn't read it but I am assuming it's based on that quote I posted earlier (no show).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

We have plenty of quality players that are not producing.
Yeah but the line-up is thin. It's too easy for the opposition to focus on our good players.
Right now we are lacking a top 6 and a top 9 and a steady veteran D that could borderline play in the top 4. And while we are at it. With Anderson the goalie position is weak.

Thats for us to be a contender.

We can be average but who wants to be average.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

is that hockey 30 article supposed to be some type of internal knowledge thing? Cuz he never uttered any of that to the press.

FYI, that was a pretty humiliating performance yesterday. Sens quit after the 2nd goal allowed. Just quit and shutdown completely. I'm not really going to keep pointing the finger at the coach anymore. They should be embarrassed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

The pass was fine, perhaps a bit lucky it missed everyone. But we traded for Bobby Ryan the 30+ goal scorer, and he had *one* shot on goal during this road trip (he played the last three games). He has 2 shots on goal in the last 9 games he has played. Since he last scored a goal he has 4 assists in 16 games (well, 15 games, really, he only played 2 minutes vs. Buffalo). I don't care how *wicker* his passes are if he gets one assist every four games. If he is injured he should shut it down until he is able to play like what we pay him. Because right now he is not, and that's coming from a huge Ryan supporter. I still support him, I'm not calling him out for not caring or not showing intensity or anything like that -- but if he is not able to play then I'd rather see Buddy out there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The pass was fine, perhaps a bit lucky it missed everyone.  But we traded for Bobby Ryan the 30+ goal scorer, and he had *one* shot on goal during this road trip (he played the last three games).  He has 2 shots on goal in the last 9 games he has played.  Since he last scored a goal he has 4 assists in 16 games (well, 15 games, really, he only played 2 minutes vs. Buffalo).  I don't care how *wicker* his passes are if he gets one assist every four games.  If he is injured he should shut it down until he is able to play like what we pay him.  Because right now he is not, and that's coming from a huge Ryan supporter.  I still support him, I'm not calling him out for not caring or not showing intensity or anything like that -- but if he is not able to play then I'd rather see Buddy out there.

I agree that it's bizarre that he's not getting more chances. Hes definetely got an injury but it's hard to say how much of that has played a factor. There's a big interrogation mark over him right now.

garrioch doesn't seem to think the org will protect him in the expansion draft and that Vegas won't pick him up. I think that's debatable. It be a gamble for sure but they are gonna be in need of top 6 forwards so we might be surprised.

I sure hope he puts it together. He's been a better playmaker than goalscorer since he's been here. But like you said, that's not what the sens are paying him for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum