GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

+4
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ugh, why am I paying for cable to watch this grinding unexciting hockey?  literally the only reason I'm paying for cable is for the Sens and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.

Desperate times.
I feel you. It's the only reason I'd get cable too. And the season isn't nearly exciting enough to want to pay to get great access.

I really wish there was a way to watch sens game streamed for a monthly flat fee wherever you are. Something like 25-30$ a month would be acceptable. Especially for me since I don't actually live in the region so it's not like I can go see them live.

These YouTube streams are good but you never know if they will give out. I wouldn't mind paying if he money went to the organization directly or indirectly instead of having to pay up for the whole cable experience.
Like if one of the sports channel offered a package.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Turris is one player that has not disappointed this year. He's our steadiest forward.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ugh, why am I paying for cable to watch this grinding unexciting hockey?  literally the only reason I'm paying for cable is for the Sens and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it.

Desperate times.
I feel you. It's the only reason I'd get cable too. And the season isn't nearly exciting enough to want to pay to get great access.

I really wish there was a way to watch sens game streamed for a monthly flat fee wherever you are. Something like 25-30$ a month would be acceptable. Especially for me since I don't actually live in the region so it's not like I can go see them live.

These YouTube streams are good but you never know if they will give out. I wouldn't mind paying if he money went to the organization directly or indirectly instead of having to pay up for the whole cable experience.

I'm in the exact same boat.  Im starting to not be able to justify the money to watch this team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Desperate times.

I'm in the exact same boat.  Im starting to not be able to justify the money to watch this team.

Montreal is lucky. You can adopt the cheapest cable package and just subscribe to RDS and you've got all the games. Why can't it be just like that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzingel and turris are great to watch in OT

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow. What a missed opportunity with turris and Karls against the goalie.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You have to like that in general we are limiting the SOG but we aren't generating nearly enough shots ourselves.(not counting OT)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All hail the mighty Craig Matrix Anderson.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes!!! Kaptain!

Anderson very good and steady tonight.

Maybe he's finding his escape from his problems in the game. Solid.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:That doesn't explain what's wrong with that word.  

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aplomb

I know what the word means. It's the same as confidence. Score with confidence.

Just score.

Karlsson with the assist on the Turris goal and the winner in the shootout . O captain my captain.

Anderson was fantastic!

PK is great.

PP not so much.

Lots to work on.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Then there's a win like that and I want to keep watching

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Desperate times.

Montreal is lucky. You can adopt the cheapest cable package and just subscribe to RDS and you've got all the games. Why can't it be just like that.

In this era, I think it's a matter of time before something like that is available.  I hope, because I have zero use for any kind of tv other than hockey

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Then there's a win like that and I want to keep watching

Yeah, I have to say I really like the OT format. Much more than The shootout. I'd do double OT just so we get more chances of ending it in OT.

I really hope the Dorion figured out how to acquire a top6 guy. We could use some more offence at this point and I'm skeptical whether Mac will ever be effective or whether he's got any long term future playing hockey.
I love dzingel but I think he'd be great on the third line with Pageau going forward in the next few years. I think smith won't be resigned.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Desperate times.

In this era, I think it's a matter of time before something like that is available.  I hope, because I have zero use for any kind of tv other than hockey
I think you are right. I think with models like Netflix and all the copycats you are going to have networks mimicking that sort of recipe and offer a slew of services including games because they've acquired the broadcast rights. Ultimately there might be more money in it for them but it will take some time to establish how they will operate and how to organize a proper formula where they can charge a large enough amount of money to be stand alone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I have to say I really like the OT format. Much more than The shootout. I'd do double OT just so we get more chances of ending it in OT.

I really hope the Dorion figured out how to acquire a top6 guy. We could use some more offence at this point and I'm skeptical whether Mac will ever be effective or whether he's got any long term future playing hockey.
I love dzingel but I think he'd be great on the third line with Pageau going forward in the next few years. I think smith won't be resigned.
I think of him as a perfect 3rd liner, yeah.  still, one acquisition won't change the offensive woes I don't think.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think of him as a perfect 3rd liner, yeah.  still, one acquisition won't change the offensive woes I don't think.
Well who knows. When you don't have all parts to an model working well you have all part overcompensating to try and make it work. And therefore not working effectively.
I'm not gonna pretend I know exactly what's wrong with our lack of scoring but I don't feel like we have a proper top 6. Smith isn't working as a top 6, dzingel has been good but maybe expecting too much from him, Ryan needs to get going, brassard isn't clicking yet but since we don't have a full top 6 Boucher is playing with the line-ups in an effort to get something clicking when really it might be we lack the scoring depth to really solidify the lines.
That may be oversimplistic but I think there's something to it. Was nice to see stone have a really good game. Could be a start for him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll take the two points though.
And Montreal lost in OT to the panthers.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mac should come back soon. It's pathetic that he's not even Oracticing wing contact

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum