GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #9: Hurricanes @ Sens, Nov 1, 2016, 7:30pm

+4
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He said he needed to change the lines up because of the road games and not having the last change. Leaving Pyatt on the top line and Stone on the third after the road game excuse is gone. Of course I have no hope of our Ottawa media asking that tough question.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He said he needed to change the lines up because of the road games and not having the last change.  Leaving Pyatt on the top line and Stone on the third after the road game excuse is gone.  Of course I have no hope of our Ottawa media asking that tough question.

Yes, I wouldn't expect the Ottawa media to ask anything resembling a tough question to a relatively new coach. Give it a couple years when his job is on the line and they'll change there approach!

Anyway, the lines are kind of working, and I totally agree with the approach of consistency, so let's see where it gets us.

MarkStone

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:He said he needed to change the lines up because of the road games and not having the last change.  Leaving Pyatt on the top line and Stone on the third after the road game excuse is gone.  Of course I have no hope of our Ottawa media asking that tough question.

There is no "Line 3" or "top line". That's a dinosaur way of thinking about lines. They all get comparable ice time five on five

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:

There is no "Line 3" or "top line". That's a dinosaur way of thinking about lines. They all get comparable ice time five on five

I agree with young MarkStone.  Boucher will deploy them fairly equally to start the game and then maybe favour whichever lines are "on" that night.  The only clearly defined line is line 4 - they are the 4th line.  Our other three are all pretty equal and should be used as such.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think they may go with the "Pyatt is a good player" excuse for this one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MarkStone wrote:

It really is a dinosaur way of thinking. There's a top 9 - all of whom must be responsible for contributing offensively and all of whom must play a 2-way game. This isn't the NHL of 10 years ago where your third line scores 20 points each.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT - Game #9: Hurricanes @ Sens, Nov 1, 2016, 7:30pm - Page 2 824034342 GoSensGo!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
MarkStone wrote:

I agree with young MarkStone.  Boucher will deploy them fairly equally to start the game and then maybe favour whichever lines are "on" that night.  The only clearly defined line is line 4 - they are the 4th line.  Our other three are all pretty equal and should be used as such.

Sorting the forwards by 5 on 5 TOI/G you the average of the top three is a little over 15 minutes while the average of the seventh through ninth is just under 12 and a half. Over 2.5 minutes on average. That's a lot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dinosaur? Seriously everyone knows the coach rewards players with ice time. It's the only thing the coach has.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey Prags:  Farter

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh, and Anderson's been great...again.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The pass from EK to Turris for that OT winner was beautiful. What a shot by Turris. Sweet sweet victory. 

Andy the 1st star again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Hey Prags:  Farter

That's a funny way to spell "you were right" but I don't mind.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle yeah!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, that was the toughest game to win. Puempel trying to pump them up with a fight was cute.

Andy has stopped a ridiculous number of shots last three games. They need to tighten up a little and get back to the 20s.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phaneuf is looking unreal, he's really getting his legs under him. Ceci's looking pretty damn good too. Horrible 1st, but solid after that. Andy's in the zone right now.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:OK, that was the toughest game to win.  Puempel trying to pump them up with a fight was cute.

Andy has stopped a ridiculous number of shots last three games. They need to tighten up a little and get back to the 20s.

He was really throwing out there! I also loved that he said he's a 4th liner and needs to play his role.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, just a couple of fourth lines doing their job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum