GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

+7
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
spader
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Vote_lcap267%Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 10 ]
Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Vote_lcap213%Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Vote_lcap220%Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How's this? Widgets for latest topics and polls on the right and profile pictures on the right. Not happy with the small size of the banner and that it's not centered though. I'll keep working

17Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I need to figure out how I had it on the right.  I thought it was the theme version which doesn't seem to be the case.  I'll keep working on it.  I think the new banner and the changed up look is pretty much where we want it.  I haven't seen or heard from PTFlea though.  He should have a say in this naturally.

I agree with most, that it's pretty busy looking, but I can get used to it. You should Private Message the users so they all have a vote and go with popular opinion on it, I guess?

18Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:46 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It looks way better today

19Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:41 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Much better now! Clapping

EDIT1: Well almost, my banner in my signature seems to go over my avatar now

EDIT2: NVM, it seems to only do that when I resize my window. Nothing to see here

Last edited by Hoff-Machine on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoff-Machine wrote:Much better now! Clapping

EDIT: Well almost, my banner in my signature seems to go over my avatar now

weird. Probably some odd settings issue. Maybe wprager could have a look in the Admin panel? I'll see if I can fix it at some point today.

- Unknown Author

21Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think it's ok. only a problem if i resize my window which truncates the right margins. not a big deal

22Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:55 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Also the embedding tweets is much better thanks to new quoting style.  Still would be great to upgrade whatever javascript is on the host site to allow embedding media

23Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like this one. Maybe just put the avatars on the left though

24Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Avatars on the left will solve the issue with resize and long banners in your sig. But it leaves less room for the posted message text which could be an issue on smaller screens (tablets, phablets). I'm OK either way.

25Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cool:

26Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I meant cool that embedding tweets works.

27Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's see tweets with picture work:

Hmm, apparently not that well.

28Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also looks like the options to include the parent tweet (when embedding a tweet) doesn't work. The top one has 'Include parent tweet' checked, the bottom one doesn't (from a source-code point of view the bottom one includes the property
Code:
data-conversation="none"
which is missing in the top one, but it makes no difference.

29Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That Scanlan tweet was in response to Friedman's tweet about the NYR being close to signing Pirrir for $1.1M.

30Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:That Scanlan tweet was in response to Friedman's tweet about the NYR being close to signing Pirrir for $1.1M.

Take this to the general hockey thread.

- defacto mod

31Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoff-Machine wrote:
wprager wrote:That Scanlan tweet was in response to Friedman's tweet about the NYR being close to signing Pirrir for $1.1M.

Take this to the general hockey thread.  

- defacto mod

Just testing embedding tweets, boss.

32Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:13 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Can we do something about the massive amounts of white space? Seems pointless and a bit distracting from the color scheme.

33Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? - Page 2 Empty Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com? Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That white space is where the Latest Topics navigation pane goes. If we change the posts per page from 50 back to 20 there will be a lot less of it. They really should make the side navigation pane fixed in space and just allow the posts to scroll.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum