GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey Updates.

+3
Cronie
davetherave
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1GMHockey Updates. Empty GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's been a while since I've done one of these but here goes.

I will start with one of our relatively new members. DaveTheRave is quickly rocketing up the Top poster standings at an unprecendented rate. As of 7:30am this morning Dave has posted 1461 posts just for the month of April alone! He sits in 4th overall but will be in second in no time. What's more impressive is these aren't one or two line posts and responses they're well thought out and thorough (sp).

Our site is now over 55,000 total posts on over 2000 topics. We're also on pace to beat our old record of 8254 posts in a month set in February.

We're up to 168 members now and I'm sad to report that over the last couple months we've seen a spammer, a couple trolls and have also seen a few accounts deleted on their own and a couple people banned. All in all a good group of members on here though and we've so far been able to keep things under control as we grow slowly with a good group of posters.

We now have a Dallas fan who just joined today so if my calculations are correct we have representation from 18 of the 30 teams now.

Since we're hosted by Forumotion I will also report on how we're doing in the rankings of forums in our category. We currently sit third overall for most topics in the last three months. First in posts for forums over the last three months and last 2 years. First in topics and Activity points over the last two years.

- Unknown Author

2GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Congratulations to the founders of GMHockey and all of our wonderful members.

cheers

It's a privilege to be part of this forum.

3GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:05 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dear god Dave... You're quite the posting machine... you'll be nippin' at Heater's heels in no time. LOL

4GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Dear god Dave... You're quite the posting machine... you'll be nippin' at Heater's heels in no time. LOL

Heater needs some company in the 6000 post club, he is feeling awfully lonely at the top.

5GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I screwed up. We're up to 20 teams represented!! :##: :$$$$: :KKK: Cheering cheers

- Unknown Author

6GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
Cronie wrote:Dear god Dave... You're quite the posting machine... you'll be nippin' at Heater's heels in no time. LOL

Heater needs some company in the 6000 post club, he is feeling awfully lonely at the top.

Heater is The Master Poster LOL.

Kudos to the Master! :D:

7GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Heater is The Master Poster LOL.

Kudos to the Master! :D:

That may be true right now but Heater is at a rate of 24.77 posts per day while you are at 30.47 per day and climbing. Many have tried and usually end up slowing down so we shall see if Dave is the one to catch Heater or not.

- Unknown Author

8GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And just so you know. Heater may hold the crown for most posts however no one can touch me when it comes to PMs. I have almost 10,000!

- Unknown Author

9GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:And just so you know. Heater may hold the crown for most posts however no one can touch me when it comes to PMs. I have almost 10,000!

you sneaky little bugger, pming all around like you own the place, oh wait, nevermind, I withdraw my last statement 🇬🇬

10GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:18 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

What impresses me the most about DTR's totals is that most of his posts are of the multi-paragraph variety, with some flair and creativity blended in. Well done sir.

11GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly Bee. There not one sentence wonders or fluff...

I keep telling myself "O.k. as soon as I'm finished having dinner, I'll head downstairs and post my brains out and start some interesting threads, etc..." but then, one little buddy refuses to go to sleep and the other one requires 20 minute feedings ever 30 mins! LOL Suddenly, I'm exhausted and never made it to the basement... LOL

I think DTR's post totals will be INSANE in as little as another 2-3 weeks.

I can't wait! Smile

12GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:22 pm

You know, i would participate a little more if I could create threads. I'm not sure if you need a special capability, or if i already have the option. Just a thought, i wouldn't post anything stupid ....

13GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:You know, i would participate a little more if I could create threads. I'm not sure if you need a special capability, or if i already have the option. Just a thought, i wouldn't post anything stupid ....

All members can create their own threads. Just go into a forum and click New Topic.

- Unknown Author

14GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:You know, i would participate a little more if I could create threads. I'm not sure if you need a special capability, or if i already have the option. Just a thought, i wouldn't post anything stupid ....

All members can create their own threads. Just go into a forum and click New Topic.

Oh ok, tx capn!

15GMHockey Updates. Empty Re: GMHockey Updates. Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I screwed up. We're up to 20 teams represented!! :##: :$$$$: :KKK: Cheering cheers

How many of those are actually consistent posters though? It's nice to have the teams represented, but it'd be better to have active convos with fans from other teams. It's nice to get a different perspective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum