GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 Rio Olympics

+4
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

12016 Rio Olympics Empty 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Figured might as well have a thread for it. I had no plans on watching it but I'm visiting my sister-in-law and they had the opening ceremonies on.

What was with the cheese graters?

If one of the refugees wins a medal, what flag will they put up? What music will they play?

The countries they left are also there (at least some of them). What if they compete in the same event? What if there are actually more Syrian or Ethiopian athletes than otherwise allowed?

Part of me thinks this is a bad idea just like Team North America and Team Europe; part of me thinks it's even worse.

But, hey, whatever. Let the games begin.

22016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a medal tracker: http://www.cbssports.com/olympics/news/2016-rio-olympics-medal-tracker/

I heard the first medal will be in archery.

32016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I haven't watched a single minute of it either. I mean , good luck to all the athletes and all. It's amazing the negative amount of press it's received so far. Sochi 2.0

42016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

USA gets the first gold -- in shooting.

52016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:USA gets the first gold -- in shooting.

Ding ding ding surprise! Laugh1

62016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I predict China to win ping pong

72016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

China table tennis -- the other Dream Team.

82016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of which, NBC is now showing USA v. China men's basketball. Technically, the game is over (even without tape-delay).

92016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, I guess NBC was showing it live. Just saw Canada win its first medal and then see my twitter feed explode.

That's one.

102016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Penny Oleksiak (Jamie Oleksiak's little sister) got her second medal -- a silver, this time, in the 100 butterfly. 16 years old and she has both of Canada's medals so far (she swam the anchor in the 4x100 freestyle for the bronze).

112016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ray "The Wizard" Whitney to caddy for Graham DeLaet.

122016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And just like the horses in Dressage "The Wizard" will not be getting any medals.

132016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:And just like the horses in Dressage "The Wizard" will not be getting any medals.

That's a shame.

142016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, our swimmers are pretty great. The nice thing is that most of them are super young still, so they all should be competing for another Olympics or two or three. That poor Santo Condorelli kid...missed the bronze by .03 of a second.

152016 Rio Olympics Empty Re: 2016 Rio Olympics Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oleksiak had the 2nd best time in some preliminary heats.  What happened there?  I'm down here in the States and the coverage is pretty much USA only.

EDIT: It was the 100 meter free style. She had qualified for the finals with the 2nd best time (and a new Canadian record).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum