GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #62: Senators @ Canucks - 10:00 pm - Thursday, Feb 25 2016

+7
spader
TheAvatar
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

LeCaptain wrote:I think Karlsson was single handedly responsible for about 3-4 Canucks forechecks that generated some momentum for them in that 3rd period. Unacceptable.

Yeah. Karlsson sucked.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

What a horrible way to lose. Up a goal in the 3rd and they blew it, after they knew all the teams ahead of them lost.

I know it's one loss, but it's gotta be over. They were already hanging on by a thread and they couldn't even swing a loser point against a team that has come out and said they're sellers.

Diddle I'm pissed. The old senators returned. I hate that they had me believing again.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any trades?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's not totally lose our brains.  It's not like we were going to win every game for the rest of the season.  

Pierre McGuire blamed the dreaded time change and tiredness as reasons for Ottawa's poor 3rd period last night.  You would assume that we'll come out on fire against Calgary Saturday night...hopefully the Flames sit out a couple of their trade candidates in that game.

Just saw that Karlsson was -4. Ouch. The only goal against I really remember was the one where Dzingel shat the bed and just wasn't strong enough defending.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Seriously weak D by Dzingel on that Vancouver goal.

I don't think it was his man, though, they showed it in the intermission and Dzingel was caught on the wrong side but it wasn't his guy. But looks like Dzingel paid for it as he only had something like 6 minutes of ice time. We'll probably see Wideman out, Boro on the right and Prince on the 4th line against Calgary. Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:karlsson is a non-factor in this game

He has been for the last 3-4 games.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Cool stat. Phaneuf is on pace for 60 points over an 86 game season since joining Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:What a horrible way to lose. Up a goal in the 3rd and they blew it, after they knew all the teams ahead of them lost.

I know it's one loss, but it's gotta be over. They were already hanging on by a thread and they couldn't even swing a loser point against a team that has come out and said they're sellers.

Diddle I'm pissed. The old senators returned. I hate that they had me believing again.

One goal on the blown offside, another on a phantom high-sticking penalty. I think they should allow coach's challenges on those. Would eliminate diving. I mean, sure Smith's stick came up but the head jerk reaction was about a half second later, and the stick never made contact. If there was a coach's challenge they'd reverse that to an embellishment penalty and, who knows, maybe they score on the PP instead of being scored on themselves.

Not that I blame the refs (or the lack of cameras) on the loss. They plain got outcoached, IMO. Getting behind *yet again*. Getting another shortie and barely missing on another one or two -- I wonder what that says about their PK, are they trying to score or trying to not get scored on? It can be a fine line, sometimes.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For those interested, he put up 49,50, 60 and 47 in Calgary

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Let's not totally lose our brains.  It's not like we were going to win every game for the rest of the season.  

Pierre McGuire blamed the dreaded time change and tiredness as reasons for Ottawa's poor 3rd period last night.  You would assume that we'll come out on fire against Calgary Saturday night...hopefully the Flames sit out a couple of their trade candidates in that game.

Just saw that Karlsson was -4.  Ouch.  The only goal against I really remember was the one where Dzingel shat the bed and just wasn't strong enough defending.

Karlsson actually tripped up his man on that play. Wasn't on Karlsson, either. But he's been playing defense as a forward too much recently. By that I mean instead of tracking the guy skating backwards he tries quite often to skate alongside him and squeeze him into the boards. Works fine in neutral ice but when he's already at the face-off circle and he hasn't pushed him into the boards yet the forward ends up going right around him.

I'm wondering, too, if he;s playing hurt. His ice time is down quite a bit, isn't it?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Let's not totally lose our brains.  It's not like we were going to win every game for the rest of the season.  

Just saw that Karlsson was -4.  Ouch.  The only goal against I really remember was the one where Dzingel shat the bed and just wasn't strong enough defending.

We can still come out of this segment with a 5 - 1 record which, IMO, keeps us right on track to make the Playoffs!!!!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

20 games left, they need 31 points, minimum (Detroit and Pittsburgh both extrapolate to 94.5 or so, so 95 is what it takes to beat one of them). This, of course, assumes no-one goes on a tear.

15-4-1
14-2-3
13-0-5

That's what it'll take.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It could "take" a long list of scenarios, including a couple of the teams around us entering a full-on collapse. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility as we learned last year. All the Sens need to worry about is WINNING. It f'ing sucks that we lost a bunch of winnable games earlier this year, but there's nothing you can do about that at this point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:It could "take" a long list of scenarios, including a couple of the teams around us entering a full-on collapse.  Nothing is out of the realm of possibility as we learned last year.  All the Sens need to worry about is WINNING.  It f'ing sucks that we lost a bunch of winnable games earlier this year, but there's nothing you can do about that at this point.

That would be true if it wasn't for the Internet. We have a plethora of ways we can b*tch and moan about all those games (those missed calls and questionable penalties).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Forget missed calls and all that stuff, they just got lazy and didn't play at all in the 3rd period. They deserved to lose that game and that's the problem. Yesterday was a true opportunity to finally gain some significant steps in the standings. And we didn't. The maple leafs were able to beat that team....we couldn't.

Our record at the moment is no better than montreal's. We're giving the habs no chance, how on earth do the sens have a chance? I'm being super negative but they NEEDED to go 3-0 on this trip to give them a legitimate chance. The margin is quite narrow.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The team doesn't have what it takes yet to win. Not personnel-wise, just the mental strength. Karlsson is a bad captain at the moment.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The third last night was classic Sens. Totally stopped skating and started chasing the puck. Need to eliminate that next year when we should be taking the step forward that we expected this year. A full year of phaneuf and a big move up front and these kind of meltdowns should be avoidable. Karlsson is still figuring things out as captain. He needs to be vocal even when he's mad at himself. Don't cut corners, make sure the coaches game plan is solidly getting through and represent that on ice. It's a work in progress, but where's Ryan and Methot and Neil in all this?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It's not even about being vocal. His play in the defensive zone is so careless nobody would listen to him even if he screamed. And it's not like he played heavy minutes last night to warrant stamina excuses.
Easy to see why some people are voting Doughty for the Norris right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum