GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016

+6
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Poor claesson has looked crappy the last few games too.

He's had a few brutal giveaways...wouldn't be totally surprised to see him returned to Bingo and Wideman back in our lineup.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
Ev wrote:Hoffman really needs to be dealt for a dman though. I don't see how that move won't happen.

We are not trading our top scorer for a defense man. That will not happen. Ever.

You wanna bet? I couldn't care less that he's leading the team in scoring right now. He's streaky and you can find guys like him far easier than a great d man.

They don't like Hoffman, and he doesn't have a great attitude. I see him gone soon. :crossarms:

Like most players in the league, and that's coming from your own mouth lol.

Unlike other players, when he isn't scoring he isn't doing anything else

I call BS. I've seen Hoff rushing back to backcheck and interrupting the other team in our zone. Sure, he has bad games, but I don't know why he gets such a bad rap.

Definite bias, there. Hoffman is not Toews, that's true. He's also not a defensive liability. In his first full season in the NHL he was the second best forward in +/- (Stone was +21, then Hoffman at +16); this year he is leading the entire team at +11. He was a combined -2 in his first 4 games spread over 2 seasons, then -2 in 25 games in 2013-14, but as a regular NHLer he has consistently been in the positive.

Now, granted, his ice time is managed so he's not playing against the best opposition and likely gets a lot of offensive zone starts, but then he's not being paid like a Toews, either. He is what he is, and he's quite good at it.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like Hoffman, I just have zero interest in giving him more than $5.5 million for 3-4 years.

he's gonna pack it in once he gets a long-term deal. I can tell.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I like Hoffman, I just have zero interest in giving him more than $5.5 million for 3-4 years.

I'm not sure about that. The guy has a massive chip on his shoulder, and I would expect him to continue to try to prove everyone wrong. I liken him personality-wise to Marty St Louis.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I like Hoffman, I just have zero interest in giving him more than $5.5 million for 3-4 years.

I'm not sure about that. The guy has a massive chip on his shoulder, and I would expect him to continue to try to prove everyone wrong. I liken him personality-wise to Marty St Louis.

Bang on.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

what chip does he have when he gets a long-term deal? How is he comparable to St Louis in the slightest?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

That's not good.  St. Louis was a whiny little bitch.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

That's not good.  St. Louis was a whiny little Wing Dang Doodle.  

He's also a whiny little Cup winner, Hart trophy and Art Ross winner.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

and a much better player, but let's not get into that....

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

And he was handsomely paid for it yet still whined, Wing Dang Doodle, and moaned when he was not added initially to the olympic roster.  Guy was a captain too.  

Not saying I wouldn't want marty st. louis on my team in his prime but let's not get ahead of ourselves and think hoffman is the next st. louis.  however if he's already acting like a Richard, then get him the f out.

Ev wrote:

This.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

And he was handsomely paid for it yet still whined, Wing Dang Doodle, and moaned when he was not added initially to the olympic roster.  Guy was a captain too.  

Not saying I wouldn't want marty st. louis on my team in his prime but let's not get ahead of ourselves and think hoffman is the next st. louis.  however if he's already acting like a Richard, then get him the f out.

Ev wrote:

This.

No one is saying they're the same players. Just the same personality in terms of always want to prove doubters wrong. But you (both) knew that already.

I'm not the type to get attached to players so if you can a replacement for even a reasonable portion of the offense, by all means...

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

These guys are stars (sometimes in their own minds). They have egos. Big egos. If they feel disrespected, they don't always react positively. We don't need to look far. When The Sens offered a sub-par deal to Alfie, he got pissed off and started thinking about what it might be like to play elsewhere and he bolted. If they hadn't low-balled him (disrespectful) he would've spent his entire career a Senator.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

No one is saying they're the same players. Just the same personality in terms of always want to prove doubters wrong. But you (both) knew that already.

I'm not the type to get attached to players so if you can a replacement for even a reasonable portion of the offense, by all means...

Yeah I know what you mean. If it translates to a marty st. louis like career, you don't wanna lose him. Personally I want to keep hoffman, I think he's got potential but just don't see the marty st. louis type stuff yet.

Also, I thought you were heavily attached to lazar and ceci.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Poor claesson has looked crappy the last few games too.

He's had a few brutal giveaways...wouldn't be totally surprised to see him returned to Bingo and Wideman back in our lineup.

Nothing wrong with that. Come up, have a look around, figure out what to work on going forward, try again next time.

He was what I expected. He'll get there.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

what chip does he have when he gets a long-term deal? How is he comparable to St Louis in the slightest?

You're forgetting how competitive these guys are. I think you're 100% wrong.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I know for a fact that a lot of the Sens don't like Hoffman. He's the exact type of player we need to keep on short term deals

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I know for a fact that a lot of the Sens don't like Hoffman. He's the exact type of player we need to keep on short term deals

Are you going all neely on us or you gonna tell us how exactly you know this?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Are you going all neely on us or you gonna tell us how exactly you know this?

He already did. He said it's a "fact" and everyone knows that you don't have to prove facts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum