GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #38: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec 30 2015

+6
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's the end of the line for Cowen in Ottawa. They have to know by now that scratching him will do nothing to motivate him or to do any kind of critical self-evaluation. I'm holding out hope for a money in, money out deal for a relatively expensive vet, who can contribute, from a bottom-feeding team who might see a project they can afford to invest a little time in, along with some youth and size...

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Easy on the Claesson love. It's 1 game against a team that is playing a no forecheck trap style for 90% of the game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:Easy on the Claesson love. It's 1 game against a team that is playing a no forecheck trap style for 90% of the game.

He was making tape-to-tape passes and looked very comfortable with the puck. More than anyone can say about Cowen all year.

Somebody will take him via trade. What we get back I have no idea. Maybe Tim Murray in Buffalo takes. Cowen needs to go to a team that has the money and is willing to pay his salary for a year. He's an RFA after this contract meaning they're not going to lose him for nothing. Some other options could be Pittsburgh who has a terrible blueline, just cleared some money (Dupuis), and has no one in their system defensively. I see Columbus as an option as well, Detroit, and always think the Oilers are a good fit for a d-man. Colorado too but I don't think they have the money for a reclamation project.

Cowen+Lazar for Yakupov. Do you do it?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Oilers wouldn't do that I don't think, but you never know I suppose. I doubt Lazar is moved either. Honestly, I see Cowen being moved for another bad contract, as SSF said, or he'll eventually just be waived like Greening was.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we slip out of the Wildcard spot with this loss. I know it's a tight race but with the way we have been playing... Rough.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is our rough stretch. We'll turn it on down the stretch, roll into the playoffs, and then bring home Lord Stanley. Piece of cake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum