GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #38: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec 30 2015

+6
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #38: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec 30 2015

GAME DAY #38: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec 30 2015 Large GAME DAY #38: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec 30 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #38: Devils @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec 30 2015 Large

Both teams played last night. Sens have 2 callups on D. Winner gets wildcard spot. Marchand is a rat. Go!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Lazar is back in the lineup. The defence is a toss-up. Media suspecting both Boro and Methot are banged up.

Hamburglar starting in goal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm actually happy to see lazar back in he line-up. At least that kid is motivated.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Lazar is back in the lineup.  The defence is a toss-up.  Media suspecting both Boro and Methot are banged up.  

Wideman must be feeling a bit of a sore neck, too, after getting his head turned 3/4 clockwise. I don't recall Methot taking any big hits. I suspect Cowen is still in, though.

As for Lazar, he's not a difference maker. He's not scoring and his hitting has slowed down (1.5 hits per game, same as Chiasson for crying out loud). And, no, I don't think hits is the be all and end all, but for a team that has such piss-poor possession stats you know they are already chasing the other team most of the night, so hits *should* be on the high end. We used to have Lazar and Pageau hitting more than Neil and Boro, and both have stopped. Are they injured? If so, then bring up Greening. 1 game, 3 hits (double Lazar's per-game numbers).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Goodie Wilson is reporting that Cowen is out based on an "educated guess."

more to come

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Lazar is back in the lineup.  The defence is a toss-up.  Media suspecting both Boro and Methot are banged up.  

Wideman must be feeling a bit of a sore neck, too, after getting his head turned 3/4 clockwise.  I don't recall Methot taking any big hits.  I suspect Cowen is still in, though.

As for Lazar, he's not a difference maker.  He's not scoring and his hitting has slowed down (1.5 hits per game, same as Chiasson for crying out loud).  And, no, I don't think hits is the be all and end all, but for a team that has such piss-poor possession stats you know they are already chasing the other team most of the night, so hits *should* be on the high end.  We used to have Lazar and Pageau hitting more than Neil and Boro, and both have stopped.  Are they injured?  If so, then bring up Greening.  1 game, 3 hits (double Lazar's per-game numbers).

I thought Chiasson was the worst player on the ice last night. I actually really liked McCormick's game. Safe to say he's a good 4th liner and will come cheaper than Chiasson. Next year I can certainly see both McCormick and Robinson pushing for a full-time spot. I just don't see Chiasson back next year and imagine Ottawa won't re-sign Neil.

So that begs the question, when are we making a trade to address the blueline. I wonder if Edm would do a Greening for Nikitin trade. Straight up.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Chiasson was brutal. I think they should trade him just to send a message to the team. Not like he's got much value, but hey some team might like him. I doubt he's a key piece to any major deal we would do in the future.

Not that I don't think he can be serviceable, but I just don't get it. It's redundant when you have prince and lazar and some forwards in bingo like dzingel, robinson, puempel, and schneider. None of those guys can be worse than chiasson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Chiasson was brutal.  I think they should trade him just to send a message to the team.  Not like he's got much value, but hey some team might like him.  I doubt he's a key piece to any major deal we would do in the future.  

Not that I don't think he can be serviceable, but I just don't get it.  It's redundant when you have prince and lazar and some forwards in bingo like dzingel, robinson, puempel, and schneider.  None of those guys can be worse than chiasson.  

Greening > Chiasson

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate to say it, but at this point, if you only have 2 goals - and neither is even strength, you're playing the wrong sport. Especially considering he gets PP time, PK time and ample 5 on 5 time. He's dragging Pageau down something fierce.

And frankly, Dizzy has no business anywhere near the third line. He's a 4th liner through and through. Give me McCormick and Puempel or Dzingel with Pageau and let's create some f-ing offence.

Or even better, put Smith on the third line and move someone up who actually has a chance to create something with Turris and Stone/Ryan.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Goodie Wilson is reporting that Cowen is out based on an "educated guess."

more to come

My "educated guess" includes burgled hams.

Stay tuned.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Goodie Wilson is reporting that Cowen is out based on an "educated guess."

more to come

My "educated guess" includes burgled hams.

Stay tuned.

Gordie Wilson burgling hams? I thought Deano looks more the part.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I hate to say it, but at this point, if you only have 2 goals - and neither is even strength, you're playing the wrong sport.  Especially considering he gets PP time, PK time and ample 5 on 5 time.  He's dragging Pageau down something fierce.

And frankly, Dizzy has no business anywhere near the third line.  He's a 4th liner through and through.  Give me McCormick and Puempel or Dzingel with Pageau and let's create some f-ing offence.

Or even better, put Smith on the third line and move someone up who actually has a chance to create something with Turris and Stone/Ryan.
My sentiments exactly.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

why can't this team kill penalties anymore?  Literally moments away and karlsson can't handle a faceoff win.  That one's on him.

EDIT: more importantly, why can't this team stop taking so many penalties?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Down 2-0 after 1 period. Hammond's looking kinda weak on all goals, and our forwards are not helping out clearing the puck out of our zone. OH and we keep taking penalties.

This might be the start of a long slump if they don't get their Dung together. Next two games are back to backs in chicago and st. louis.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

People always like to Wing Dang Doodle about Anderson, but he's really awesome. Anyway, this will really hurt if we can't get at least a point out of this one. Need a goal before the end of the 2nd here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum