GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elections

+11
rooneypoo
Oglethorpe
NEELY
Vandelay
tim1_2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Ev
Flo The Action
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

166Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Time to start living in the real world, child.  You support those who represent your country and do the job you wouldn't in a million years have the balls to actually do.  Once military is there they have no choice but to obey orders and they believe what they are doing is for the greater good.  

Guess what, if it wasn't for military interventions of the past this world of ours in our little bubble called Canada would have no where near the amount of rights we do now, especially women.  Again, grow up, get a job, get a life.

Source? That's a big claim, for which I'd bet you have no evidence except, "Well, if the Nazis had won..."
The nazis. Now that's a military intervention that was justified.

Suprisingly how little we can find since then... Even NATO doesn't want to have to have to enter any more conflicts like the Bosnian Serbian conflicts because they deemed it a failure.

167Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not all military intervention is so altruistic. Sometimes it's purely political and economic. I know you're not childish enough not to realise that.

There are definitely times when military intervention is necessary.  It's not black and white and its not all or nothing.  One can support the troops while not supporting the mission.

Seems reasonable.

168Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Didn't we go to Afghanistan under a Liberal government?
Yup. Bad idea also.
At least our involvements under liberals were minimal. I'm not saying liberals make perfect choices. My point is that the reasons why we are having the troubles we are having is because we keep backing the imperialistic actions of our neighbors to the south.
If we didn't get involved I doubt we'd ever become a target.
It's foolish to think that Muslim terrorist is aimed at converting the infidels as an agenda. They want leadership over their own region and by disturbing a place like Iraq we open up an entire region to them.
Afghanistan isn't better than when the taliban ruled there. And they will probably be back to where they were before we ever entered. It wasn't enough to convince people after the attack in America that we should enter Afghanistan, We entered with arguing excuse of the mistreatment done to women after 9/11 but they are still being stoned in the streets for exposing skin. And the taliban was a direct result of another military operation from the USSR into Afghanistan. Can we not learn to leave people alone and let them progress towards their own internal positive change? Slowly Iran is starting to change and turn a corner. And that's from the inside. It's their own youth and future generation that will bring about change. Aggressive Military intervention rarely amount to anything positive for a country's future.

You know what, *uck you. People I know died over there and you claim it's a mistake from your little room with your computer. I would actually slap you right in the face right now if you were I front of me, make sure you know what kind of a pathetic human you are.

169Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not all military intervention is so altruistic. Sometimes it's purely political and economic. I know you're not childish enough not to realise that.

There are definitely times when military intervention is necessary.  It's not black and white and its not all or nothing.  One can support the troops while not supporting the mission.

Amen. That's where I stand.

Unfortunately I haven't had the luxury most of my life to question the military as that's who my employer was, same as my father and my grandfather. You shut the *uck up and do you job.

Again, you guys are all very comfortable from your own damn homes.

170Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:41 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Time to start living in the real world, child.  You support those who represent your country and do the job you wouldn't in a million years have the balls to actually do.  Once military is there they have no choice but to obey orders and they believe what they are doing is for the greater good.  

Guess what, if it wasn't for military interventions of the past this world of ours in our little bubble called Canada would have no where near the amount of rights we do now, especially women.  Again, grow up, get a job, get a life.

Source? That's a big claim, for which I'd bet you have no evidence except, "Well, if the Nazis had won..."

Well the Nazi's sure showed what they would do had they won... they win the Battle of Britain and this world looks very different and it was damn close.  

Thank God they aren't French, right? Would need someone else to fight for their freedom too.

171Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:wtf are people on about regarding the Conservatives instilling "fear" in Canadians? Who the hell is afraid in Canada? Afraid of what?

So why are we sending troops overseas again and have a full month (coming in 10 days) dedicated to the Army that is supposed to keep us "safe"?
If nobody is afraid, then I guess there's nothing to keep us safe from.

I support the forces so there's no point arguing this.

It's possible to support the forces without supporting the overseers. By that I mean that you can support the troops, but disagree with the mission.
Exactly. Why must people blindly follow in fear of not looking patriotic. The fact that support the troops is even a thing is because they want people to feel like it's either or. Who wouldn't support fellow Canadians. The problem is that people can vary in support of what the government is doing with them.

Not quite that simple.  You can argue all you want up until the decision is made.  Once the troops are overseas, you stop.  The debate is over, the decision has been made.  The men and women in uniform believe that this decision is the correct one.  You saying that it's wrong is not going to show then the kind of support they deserve.

That is exactly the tactic that gets started as soon as they want to stop any opposing ideology or opposition to the mission. "Shut up because our troops are there. Absolute media manipulation.

Seriously Neely you're a little reactionary Wing Dang Doodle.
You are such a puppet for the right wing. You think no one has the right to actually argue against a mission you are so out of line. Actually you probably don't think anyone has a right to argue with you in anything.mthe problem with your logic is that if no one argues with any intervention than we stay in them until the bitter end. Yeah that worked Cussing well with Vietnam. Years later we all know that was a bad idea from the start. Iraq yes another brilliant plan.

So military intervention favours women in Canada? stfu
If anything the situation of women in Iraq and Afghanistan is far worse now than it used to be. If anything all we do is create a vacuum for fundamentalist forces to step in once we are out there "policing" the situation.
Seriously stop hiding behind your military agendas that we are doing the right thing because time after time it has shown that mission after mission has failed. So suck it buddy. Stick to talking hockey as it's clearly the only thing you are good at. Leave politics to those that have sensibilities to international consciousness and not a reactionary trigger happy superiority complex.

Again, hide behind me... that's where you would be if things didn't go quite the way you think they should in this perfect world.

Maybe study a little history, maybe read a book, but hey I am talking to an idealistic commie it seems. I also highly doubt you would ever say any of this to my face, most people who live off their parents tend to be gutless much like yourself.

172Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Unfortunately I haven't had the luxury most of my life to question the military as that's who my employer was, same as my father and my grandfather.  You shut the *uck up and do you job.

I wish that more of our troops were comfortable in their own damn homes as well instead of risking their lives in some Dung hole for questionable reasons.

173Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Didn't know I was in a group with these keyboard warriors, not real ones. I'm out.

174Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Unfortunately I haven't had the luxury most of my life to question the military as that's who my employer was, same as my father and my grandfather.  You shut the *uck up and do you job.

You shouldn't put everyone who disagree with you in a basket and judge them like that. You don't know what people have been through, what they've seen, what they've learned etc. That last statement is ignorant and you should know better.

175Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

I wish that more of our troops were comfortable in their own damn homes as well instead of risking their lives in some Dung hole for questionable reasons.

And any soldier you said that to would tell you to *uck right off like I am.

176Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

And any soldier you said that to would tell you to *uck right off like I am.

That would be disappointing for sure.

177Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, this thread went south in a hurry.

178Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:wtf are people on about regarding the Conservatives instilling "fear" in Canadians? Who the hell is afraid in Canada? Afraid of what?

So why are we sending troops overseas again and have a full month (coming in 10 days) dedicated to the Army that is supposed to keep us "safe"?

It's possible to support the forces without supporting the overseers. By that I mean that you can support the troops, but disagree with the mission.
Exactly. Why must people blindly follow in fear of not looking patriotic. The fact that support the troops is even a thing is because they want people to feel like it's either or. Who wouldn't support fellow Canadians. The problem is that people can vary in support of what the government is doing with them.

Not quite that simple.  You can argue all you want up until the decision is made.  Once the troops are overseas, you stop.  The debate is over, the decision has been made.  The men and women in uniform believe that this decision is the correct one.  You saying that it's wrong is not going to show then the kind of support they deserve.

That is exactly the tactic that gets started as soon as they want to stop any opposing ideology or opposition to the mission. "Shut up because our troops are there. Absolute media manipulation.

Just look at why the US went to war with Iraq. The rationale given to the public changed 27 times.

http://faculty.las.illinois.edu/salthaus/largio_thesis.pdf

179Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

That does seem to often be the case. "Taxi to the Darkside" is probably the scariest and most upsetting documentary I've ever seen. Crazy what people will do in the name of following orders. The prison experiments are another great example of that. Of course, I know guys that enlisted right after 911 and said they knew they made a huge mistake by the time they were through basic training. They went in with 5 of them. Three made it back. The one I knew best got lucky. Got shot in the foot and got out. The others had to keep doing tours even though they wanted no part of it.

180Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Please do not compare Canada to the US. The Canadian military has been primarily dispatched as peace keepers for the last I don't know how many years. 9/11 changed that but, frankly, if it didn't then we'd have even more of a problem. And, again, it's not like Canada has unilaterally decided to send troops anywhere. We are *not* like the US.

181Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:15 pm

red red red

red red red
Prospect
Prospect

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Seriously Neely you're a little reactionary Wing Dang Doodle.
You are such a puppet for the right wing. You think no one has the right to actually argue against a mission you are so out of line. Actually you probably don't think anyone has a right to argue with you in anything.mthe problem with your logic is that if no one argues with any intervention than we stay in them until the bitter end. Yeah that worked Cussing well with Vietnam. Years later we all know that was a bad idea from the start. Iraq yes another brilliant plan.

So military intervention favours women in Canada? stfu
If anything the situation of women in Iraq and Afghanistan is far worse now than it used to be. If anything all we do is create a vacuum for fundamentalist forces to step in once we are out there "policing" the situation.
Seriously stop hiding behind your military agendas that we are doing the right thing because time after time it has shown that mission after mission has failed. So suck it buddy. Stick to talking hockey as it's clearly the only thing you are good at. Leave politics to those that have sensibilities to international consciousness and not a reactionary trigger happy superiority complex.

Again, hide behind me... that's where you would be if things didn't go quite the way you think they should in this perfect world.

Maybe study a little history, maybe read a book, but hey I am talking to an idealistic commie it seems.  I also highly doubt you would ever say any of this to my face, most people who live off their parents tend to be gutless much like yourself.
Again this is the type of person Neely is. Goes off on a rant which becomes quickly a personal attack and then to make sure he can prove his point he actually bans me from GMhockey till kingdom comes.
This is the type of person wanted as moderator. Someone who will censor anyone that disagrees with his opinions and points fault at his thinking. Yeah so if we're not agreeing with you we are hippies and commies. I'm a free thinking liberal thinking human that takes everyone into consideration and does not discriminate against others. The way you do.

Anyways I'd much rather have my old profile back.

And for your sake Neely since I imagine that even though you are still reading these since "leaving this site" I have no problem saying any of this to your face. I was fighting Nazi skinheads (which you sadly remind me of)with baseball bats on Rideau street in the early 90's back when you were tugging on your mommas skirt begging her to not let the other kids laugh at you. I think I can handle a coked up wannabe jock no problem. So come at me if you wanna "slap" me like you say you so wanna. Look me up on FB as my user name is the same one on there. I'm not hiding. Never do.

Flo the action

182Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:09 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Damn you got banned for that? that's not cool GMH (or Neely). Also let's not make things so damn personal on a hockey forum.

Un-ban Flo, close this thread, and move on.

183Elections - Page 12 Empty Re: Elections Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:19 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Damn you got banned for that?  that's not cool GMH (or Neely).  Also let's not make things so damn personal on a hockey forum.  

Un-ban Flo, close this thread, and move on.

Seconded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum