GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

+4
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Ev
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling #6 prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_lcap260%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_lcap210%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_lcap20%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_lcap230%VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015) Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1. Nick Paul (64%)
2. Matt Puempel (82%)
3. Mikael Wikstrand (44%)
4. Colin White (40%)
5. Matt O'Connor (56%)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

went with our top prospect, Chabot

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sure, why not.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I actually went with Lindberg. He's proved more thus far in his CHL career than Chabot. Chabot may be better in the long-run but right now Lindberg has a higher probability of making it to the NHL and being a productive player.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I actually went with Lindberg. He's proved more thus far in his CHL career than Chabot. Chabot may be better in the long-run but right now Lindberg has a higher probability of making it to the NHL and being a productive player.
How so? The projections on chabot I've seen so far seem pretty safe to me. The upside also is pretty high. Besides, I would not rate Lindberg above Prince

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I actually went with Lindberg. He's proved more thus far in his CHL career than Chabot. Chabot may be better in the long-run but right now Lindberg has a higher probability of making it to the NHL and being a productive player.

Well isn't that the whole point of being a prospect? The unknown?

I went with Chabot, Lindberg is probably a safer bet to make it in a 3rd, 4th line role vs Chabot in a 3rd pairing role. Chabot could by all accounts be a top 4 D man if things go well, Lindberg I can't see being a top 6 forward.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lindberg, for obvious burglar reasons.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
How so? The projections on chabot I've seen so far seem pretty safe to me. The upside also is pretty high. Besides, I would not rate Lindberg above Prince

You're basing your opinions on rhetoric. I have read quite a few articles saying how the Sens drafted poorly by leaving a lot of better, higher end talent on the table. The same projections you speak of projects Chabot 'as a steady NHLer'. Everything I read rates him as an offensive defenceman with a good hockey IQ but isn't sound defensively, doesn't use his size, and has a poor shot. Yes, he still has time to develop his game and I get that, but right now I'd take Lindberg ahead of him based on his success at the Calder Cup (78 points +33 in 67 games in the reg season, 19 in 21 in the playoffs), and the fact that Lindberg will be playing top line minutes with Paul in Bingo. He's been given every opportunity to succeed by the organization because the organization has high hopes for him. If Chabot makes the Sens out of camp then I will change my opinion but as of right now I would rank Lindberg as the better prospect, for the time being anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think Prince will be here long-term because Puempel is ahead of him. I've never seen Chabot play and, frankly, with Karlsson, Wiercioch and Ceci all capable puck movers without the physical play, I think the next D-man to crack this lineup will need to play a harder game. That, and also the time it took for Wiercioch to develop makes me leery. I'll go with Lindberg.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You're basing your opinions on rhetoric. I have read quite a few articles saying how the Sens drafted poorly by leaving a lot of better, higher end talent on the table. The same projections you speak of projects Chabot 'as a steady NHLer'. Everything I read rates him as an offensive defenceman with a good hockey IQ but isn't sound defensively, doesn't use his size, and has a poor shot. Yes, he still has time to develop his game and I get that, but right now I'd take Lindberg ahead of him based on his success at the Calder Cup (78 points +33 in 67 games in the reg season, 19 in 21 in the playoffs), and the fact that Lindberg will be playing top line minutes with Paul in Bingo. He's been given every opportunity to succeed by the organization because the organization has high hopes for him. If Chabot makes the Sens out of camp then I will change my opinion but as of right now I would rank Lindberg as the better prospect, for the time being anyway.
I disagree. From what I read it seems that chabot has a lot of poise and doesn't make the quick plays that can be typified as panic moves. In that respect he projects to have a very sound defensive future. From what I also read he does not project out to be a massive offensive weapon. He's much more of a good defensemen that gets the puck out of his own zone without being a turnover machine do to panic. There are projections of him being a top 2 guy but I doubt it. Maybe paired with a guy like karlsson but not to lead the attack. He might actually be perfect with karlsson in that respect. Could also prove very good going forward with Ceci.

And yes as Neely was saying I don't know that Lindberg has any future passé the bottom two lines. In a numbers game where we have depth at that position, he might never even crack the roster.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Whatever article you're reading is crap. Most articles have priased the Sens choices. But again what writers say two days after a draft is pointless. The Sens have a proven track record at the draft. Who cares what other (non-qualified) people think?

there is no way the organization would take Lindberg over Chabot. That's all that really matters. Chabot isn't making the team out of camp. That is irrelevant to this discussion.

Before this season Lindberg was a nobody.For each of these polls tell me who you would draft if all these guys were in a draft today.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Lindberg, for obvious burglar reasons.

i thought you took Hogberg last round?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And again. How do you take Lindberg over prince is beyond me. Prince is likely a top 6 forward worst case top 9. Sure there could be a case made that he doesn't succeed. But the upside is there Andy he's more proven to succeed on the pro level than Lindberg.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Whatever article you're reading is crap. Most articles have priased the Sens choices. But again what writers say two days after a draft is pointless. The Sens have a proven track record at the draft. Who cares what other (non-qualified) people think?

there is no way the organization would take Lindberg over Chabot. That's all that really matters. Chabot isn't making the team out of camp. That is irrelevant to this discussion.

Before this season Lindberg was a nobody.For each of these polls tell me who you would draft if all these guys were in a draft today.

Fact is Lindberg is ahead of Chabot in terms of development which is why I voted for him. End of story.

But you said it best, Ev: Who cares what other (non-qualified) people think? Just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong. You're just as unqualified as I am which makes your opinion just as meaningless as mine.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ceci also had much better numbers in his draft year and on most teams wouldn't be a top four right. I am just saying wait until Chabot proves he's a top 20 pick before you jump all over him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum