GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season - who will go where?

+11
Ev
tim1_2
spader
DirtyDave
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

16Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

And how about this quote:

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

Left handed C.  And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa.  And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.

What happened to Zibanejad?!?! Laughing3

I thought this kind of talk would only start after the Dev Camp scrimmage.

17Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:40 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

18Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

I sure hope not. Sen for Life right there.

19Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

Left handed C.  And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa.  And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.

What are you talking about? I said bottom 6 with Lazar, White and Pageau all projecting out to be excellent 2 way players.

You're so funny... :crossarms:

20Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

What are you talking about?  I said bottom 6 with Lazar, White and Pageau all projecting out to be excellent 2 way players.

Lazar projects to be excellent at smiling a lot and looking for photo ops. Nothing more. Let's hope he turns it around. You know about as much as I do about White so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

"Silly Season" indeed.

21Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:55 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

While I like Neiler, I think we can all agree he won't be signed beyond this season with the sens. I don't think he's ready to retire just yet either. Based on the playoffs , I think we see where Dave Cameron stands as well with regards to Neil.

Makes sense to trade him honestly. Still has some value unlike Phillips

22Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

While I like Neiler, I think we can all agree he won't be signed beyond this season with the sens. I don't think he's ready to retire just yet either. Based on the playoffs , I think we see where Dave Cameron stands as well with regards to Neil.

Makes sense to trade him honestly. Still has some value unlike Phillips

"Probably not."

23Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

What are you talking about?  I said bottom 6 with Lazar, White and Pageau all projecting out to be excellent 2 way players.

Lazar projects to be excellent at smiling a lot and looking for photo ops. Nothing more. Let's hope he turns it around. You know about as much as I do about White so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

"Silly Season" indeed.

I won't lie...I don't really care what you think 99.9% of the time. I'm projecting a lineup that includes Paul and White. Don't like it? Who cares.

24Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

"Silly Season" indeed.

I won't lie...I don't really care what you think 99.9% of the time.  I'm projecting a lineup that includes Paul and White.  Don't like it?  Who cares.

Hopefully neither one gets rushed into the NHL.

25Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the latest free agent scuttlebutt?

26Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BREAKING:

Free agent pool expands excrementally with additions of Richards, Stalberg, Fistric, Hodgson and Semin.

details to follow

27Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

"Silly Season" indeed.

I won't lie...I don't really care what you think 99.9% of the time.  I'm projecting a lineup that includes Paul and White.  Don't like it?  Who cares.

Hopefully neither one gets rushed into the NHL.

I have to agree that I don't think anyone should be rushed. I also agree that lazar should maybe start in Bingo where he can develop some offence. He's gonna be real good for us if he can do that. We don't need another 3rd line C who can't score. We need someone who can become a threat and a tough competitor. He's young, it will come.

As for Neil. I don't know why everyone is making such a big case to be keeping him. He has lost a step, does make a lot more mistakes I the ice and frankly if he's going to play half the games than maybe it's time we give that spot to some youth so they can develop. Frankly we are not gonna challenge for a cup this year so we should take this time to make the most of it as far as development.

I'd have no problems trading Neil.

I'm not getting super excited for prospects coming out of junior until they start showing what they can do in the AHL. That includes Paul.

28Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I can't see how he is going to be happy with his role this coming season. Might be time for him to move on, the Sens have built something that is looking like it can be very special, he just isn't part of it.

Smith is another guy they should be looking to move but I don't think you can until a guy like Paul proves and shows he is head and shoulders better than him. IMO Smith is the guy that someone is going to have to push off the hill to make the team, can't be a "both are equal" thing.

29Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

I can't see how he is going to be happy with his role this coming season.  Might be time for him to move on, the Sens have built something that is looking like it can be very special, he just isn't part of it.

Smith is another guy they should be looking to move but I don't think you can until a guy like Paul proves and shows he is head and shoulders better than him. IMO Smith is the guy that someone is going to have to push off the hill to make the team, can't be a "both are equal" thing.
Or if smith can start regaining a bit of value by stepping up his game he might become tradeable again. I could see him being a guy that gets moved at one point this year. Depending who else makes themselves valuable. I believe Grant could easily step into his role as 4C as a stop gap till nick Paul is ready.

30Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Smith can be traded no problem, that's not an issue. The issue is if they want to or not.

He's a player fighting for his life on this Senators team, if he doesn't have a good camp he will be shipped out if he isn't shipped off before it.

31Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Wow saad to Columbus. Wow.

32Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Wow saad to Columbus. Wow.  

Wait, what? I turned off twitter to get some work done and missed it.

33Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Wow saad to Columbus. Wow.  

Does it get any sillier?!?!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum