GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
mattshock
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
NEELY
rooneypoo
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Insert muted trombone sound...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:He's OK.  Nothing special though.

He's about on par with Saad lol... a different type of player but put up very similar numbers. Plus Dano who is an NHL player now, if not less than a season away.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You guys are really overrating Saad here, in a big way and underrating Anisimov.

As for Bieksa to Anahiem for a 2nd, good deal for both sides.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

He's about on par with Saad lol... a different type of player but put up very similar numbers.  Plus Dano who is an NHL player now, if not less than a season away.

I think saad is on another level than anisimov personally.

Dano is interesting. Didn't realize hecgad a stint in the nhl already.

Still dislike the trade. I guess it's the best they could do.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Anisimov is being underrated but Saad is a very good player. A top 6 winger who has won 2 cups and looks to be a 25-30 goal scorer going forward. Not a guy I would give 5M+ to at this point, but a nice 5 year 22.5 contract is the going rate right now.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He's about on par with Saad lol... a different type of player but put up very similar numbers.  Plus Dano who is an NHL player now, if not less than a season away.

Dano is interesting.  Didn't realize hecgad a stint in the nhl already.

Still dislike the trade.  I guess it's the best they could do.
I am surprised Chicago took that much salary back.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Dano is interesting.  Didn't realize hecgad a stint in the nhl already.

Still dislike the trade.  I guess it's the best they could do.
I am surprised Chicago took that much salary back.

Yeah they are still in deep cap trouble. I read 2.9 for 6 players.

Bickell to...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oglethorpe wrote:Anisimov is being underrated but Saad is a very good player.  A top 6 winger who has won 2 cups and looks to be a 25-30 goal scorer going forward. Not a guy I would give 5M+ to at this point, but a nice 5 year 22.5 contract is the going rate right now.  

Versteeg has the same qualifications on the same team. Just saying.

Lets see what Saad does with a big contract on a much less talented team. That contract could quickly become an anchor.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Saad really hadn't done anything more, or close to, Stone and look at what stone just got. It's not like saad was vital in their cup win.

I think saad was passed on at th draft because I don't think he has much more to give than what we've already seen. Teams done like drafting guys who stay stagnant.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Saad landing in a perfect spot after her was drafted and was put in a place to be beyond successful and he was. I don't fault him for signing a 35-40 million dollar deal, in fact he would be stupid not to. This isn't on Saad, it's on a GM who is about to pay him way more than he's worth and its going to bite him.

It's Horton all over again basically, too much money for a 2nd line winger.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crazy! We should of been all over saad. I really think he would of been ace here.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:Crazy! We should of been all over saad. I really think he would of been ace here.

You would pay him the same money as Erik Karlsson? Don't think so. Saad isn't even a better player than MacArthur and would probably be maybe the 4th or 5th best winger on this team and is paid more than every single one other than Ryan.

The hype this guy is getting now is a little sickening. He was in the perfect spot to succeed in Chicago, that's why they took him in round 2. He had no other choice but to work hard to try and make an NHL career of it and he did so good on him. He's a 4 million x 4 years type of guy, not a 40 million dollar pay day in waiting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he signs a 6.5 deal then I'll change my tune, but there's nothing that says he's earned thst. Maybe 5 mil x 8 years, but not a penny more

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:If he signs a 6.5 deal then I'll change my tune, but there's nothing that says he's earned thst.  Maybe 5 mil x 8 years, but not a penny more

Why they hell would you ever sign Saad for more than 4 years? Might as well lock down Hoffman for 8 too...

I wouldn't have given up what Columbus did for Saad nor would I pay Saad anywhere near 5 mil let alone 6.5. It amazes me people can't see what happened to Versteeg and not draw the same conclusion with Saad lol. How many guys are successful away from Kane, Hossa, Kieth, Seabrook, and most importantly Toews? The answer is none, at least not to the same extent they were in Chicago.

Good luck Saad, hopefully the buyout talks don't start before at least year 3 or 4.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Apparently it was oxy Richards was caught with at the border. If he's hooked on prescription meds he's in for a very, very long next few years. He needs help in a big, bad way. It's about the worst thing you can be hooked on in his position in life because it's so easy to get.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dude. You would want to give 4-5 mill for Williams but not to saad which has proved to be just as clutch? Come on. He's younger and I don't even know that he's reached potential. Yes I would give him 6 per year. Karlsson is going to cash in big time on his next contract. Look at 10 mill per. Don't use his current contract for comparrison

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:If he signs a 6.5 deal then I'll change my tune, but there's nothing that says he's earned thst.  Maybe 5 mil x 8 years, but not a penny more

Why they hell would you ever sign Saad for more than 4 years?  Might as well lock down Hoffman for 8 too...

I wouldn't have given up what Columbus did for Saad nor would I pay Saad anywhere near 5 mil let alone 6.5.  It amazes me people can't see what happened to Versteeg and not draw the same conclusion with Saad lol.  How many guys are successful away from Kane, Hossa, Kieth, Seabrook, and most importantly Toews?  The answer is none, at least not to the same extent they were in Chicago.  

Good luck Saad, hopefully the buyout talks don't start before at least year 3 or 4.

I don't see the similarities. Ladd, brouwer, Campbell, buff. Lots of guys move on and do well.

Versteeg was all flash, saad has more to him imo.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ladd has been ok... he's a character guy. Brouwer has done what? What's Bolland done? Campbell has been fine and he was before he got to Chicago but he's a D man, same with Buff.

Like I have said to you before, pay attention to history because it repeats itself over and over and over just like it will here. To suggest Saad is anything more than a Versteeg at this point is indeed ignoring history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum