GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 6: Canadiens @ Sens - Sunday, Apr 26th, 6:00pm

+12
Vandelay
PTFlea
Ev
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
Hoags
wprager
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It annoys me that they realize in the last 5 minutes that they have to get in front of price.  All game - nothing, but the last 5 gangbusters.

Yeah, this mystified me too.  Price saw pretty much everything last night.  Dunno why we didn't try to screen him more on the PP.  Really, really strange.  Oh well, on to the next game!....wait...oh.

PGDT  - Game 6: Canadiens @ Sens - Sunday, Apr 26th, 6:00pm - Page 6 852933671

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yea I agree. We did not play the same game as in game 5. I think the team is more confident in its ability to score beautiful goals then by having to screen or deflect. Not enough guys trying to get to the front of the net until it was too late. There's a lot to learn from here. I hope guys like Chiasson can take in those lessons. Pageau brings in another level. I hope a lot of people can learn from him too. Michalekcannot be healthy. He's avoiding contact a lot and doesn't seem like his body language on the ice doesn't speak to me like a guy that is in full capability of it. I wonder if we'll find out what is up with Ryan. He seemed to be playing with a bit more strength as the game wore on.maybe he was starting to get healthy.

Karlsson is obviously injured. I mean the captain doesn't just abstain from practices.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Injured or not he played a hell of a series and played 32 mins last night. One of the best captains in the NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've been on the Pageau train from day one, that kid is dynamite and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he found offense in this league going forward as well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I've been on the Pageau train from day one, that kid is dynamite and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he found offense in this league going forward as well.
Well that's what you hope. He's got the drive and intensity. He could be our 3rd line centre for years to come. I still see lazar would be better off starting the year in the AHL and try to find offence in his game consistently. I think it could make the difference in his potential for years to come.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lazar is fine at the NHL level, he's way better than when he started the season and will continue to improve. He won't see a second of time in the AHL unless he has to rehab for some reason at some point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Lazar is fine at the NHL level, he's way better than when he started the season and will continue to improve.  He won't see a second of time in the AHL unless he has to rehab for some reason at some point.

I think he's actually been dragging down the third line both in terms of offense (Condra and Pageau should have easily had a few more assists in the last 20-30 games) and even defensively (he looked a little lost a few times in the last few games).

I'd have no issue at all if he spent a bit of time in the AHL actually remembering how to score.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:Very happy with the season. I have no regrets whatsoever.

None at all. Better than we could have hoped for sure. I'd much rather be talking about maybe making the playoffs than talking about draft position, that's for sure.

So much to look forward to next season. Cheering

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Gallagher is a Wing Dang Doodle. He shouldn't even be in the league

How do you figure? He becomes available, 29 teams come calling.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Lazar is fine at the NHL level, he's way better than when he started the season and will continue to improve.  He won't see a second of time in the AHL unless he has to rehab for some reason at some point.

I think he's actually been dragging down the third line both in terms of offense (Condra and Pageau should have easily had a few more assists in the last 20-30 games) and even defensively (he looked a little lost a few times in the last few games).

I'd have no issue at all if he spent a bit of time in the AHL actually remembering how to score.

Depends how you use him. I'd personally move Lazar to 4C if you want him up at the NHL level, otherwise I'd put him in the minors to work on his scoring ability. My lines for next year:

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Puempel-Pageau-Prince
Michalek-Lazar-Condra
Grant

I'd also entertain moving some parts such as Cowen, Lehner/Anderson, Neil, Legwand, Greening, Smith, Chiasson, Gryba to add an elite LW or RW to replace Stone on L1 or Hoffman on L2. Would make for an unbelievable L3 and likely be the difference of making it to round 2 or 3.

To Edm: Lehner, Chiasson, Cowen, Dallas 2nd
To Ott: Eberle or Hall

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

they really need to shell out for a good assistant coach with experience, and possibly fire Smith

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

Depends how you use him. I'd personally move Lazar to 4C if you want him up at the NHL level, otherwise I'd put him in the minors to work on his scoring ability. My lines for next year:

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Puempel-Pageau-Prince
Michalek-Lazar-Condra
Grant

I'd also entertain moving some parts such as Cowen, Lehner/Anderson, Neil, Legwand, Greening, Smith, Chiasson, Gryba to add an elite LW or RW to replace Stone on L1 or Hoffman on L2. Would make for an unbelievable L3 and likely be the difference of making it to round 2 or 3.

To Edm: Lehner, Chiasson, Cowen, Dallas 2nd
To Ott: Eberle or Hall

Not getting Hall for that. You might be able to come to an agreement on Eberle for that, but I doubt it.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:they really need to shell out for a good assistant coach with experience, and possibly fire Smith

Maybe get Steve Sterling up here for good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I was Edmonton, you're not getting any of Eberle, Hall, RNH or McDavid. I don't actually think RNH is best suited to the 2C role, but I'll take my chances. Eberle I'd keep, Hall I'd keep, so what you're left with is trash like Yakupov - who I'd love to trade if I was them.

It's all about the D corps. Can you improve it without moving any of those guys? If not, can you move Eberle for a 1B? If not, do you run with Nurse, Klefbom etc and hope for the best?

Probably.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:If I was Edmonton, you're not getting any of Eberle, Hall, RNH or McDavid.  I don't actually think RNH is best suited to the 2C role, but I'll take my chances.  Eberle I'd keep, Hall I'd keep, so what you're left with is trash like Yakupov - who I'd love to trade if I was them.

It's all about the D corps.  Can you improve it without moving any of those guys?  If not, can you move Eberle for a 1B?  If not, do you run with Nurse, Klefbom etc and hope for the best?  

Probably.
yakupov is showing signs of improvement. im not sure that means we should take that gamble at all but  i dont think he's a bust  as a top 6 guy just not the best 1st overall.
at any rate it sounds like chichi wants to try out his big guns before he trades anything.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wouldn't trade for Yakupov if it was for a 7th rounder. The Sens are right where they need to be and adding anything but very particular pieces is a mistake let alone one for a Russian who is busting currently.

That said I don't think for a second Yakupov starts the year in Edmonton, Chia has no attachment to any player other than McDavid in that organization.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not a fan of Yakupov at all. Not even a little.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Wouldn't trade for Yakupov if it was for a 7th rounder.  The Sens are right where they need to be and adding anything but very particular pieces is a mistake let alone one for a Russian who is busting currently.

That said I don't think for a second Yakupov starts the year in Edmonton, Chia has no attachment to any player other than McDavid in that organization.

lol I'd trade Hoffman in an instant for Yak

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum