GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 6: Canadiens @ Sens - Sunday, Apr 26th, 6:00pm

+12
Vandelay
PTFlea
Ev
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
Hoags
wprager
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It annoys me that they realize in the last 5 minutes that they have to get in front of price. All game - nothing, but the last 5 gangbusters.

Anyway, amazing season. Close series. Love these guys - all of them (give or take).

Montreal is a one man team, no chance they go far.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Very happy with the season. I have no regrets whatsoever.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Gallagher is a Wing Dang Doodle. He shouldn't even be in the league

I'd love to have Gallagher on my team. I hate playing against him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Markov looked like Phillips looked towards the end this season. Slow and crappy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:This is a bit of a tough one to swallow with the called off goal. Price said it at the end, they got a couple lucky breaks and that was that.

If we had a healthy Ryan, Mac, and Stone, we probably win the series. We needed a bit more out of Michalek and Chiasson too.

The future is bright, this just sucks right now.

I'd say Karlsson wasn't playing 100% healthy. No way he skips practice that much. Something's bothering him. Michalek had a concussion and missed a bunch of time, and it's not like he was on his 35-goal scoring pace to begin with, either.

The way they played in the last 5 minutes with two guys in the crease is the way the should have been playing in the first 20 minutes. At one point in one of their PPs they had Karlsson and Wiercioch at the point and no-one in front, then Turris skates back to the point as well! They had three lined up across the blue line! Absolutely disgusting.

I also saw what Price was doing -- he got right up to the top of the crease or even a foot beyond before they got across the blue line. You need to get in front of him right at the tip of the crease and they were too late getting there. When he's at the top of the crease they would take an interference penalty if they tried to get in front of him, or they'd be standing so far out that they'd be blocking the shooter's view. I don't know how they did it Friday night, but whatever they did they did not repeat it. Habs adjusted somehow.

Still a great season and they clearly have some work cut out for them. Don't know who the Habs are going to draw in round two, but there's no way they are getting past the Rangers. Not that the Sens would have done much better.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Every playoff team has guys playing injured. It's no excuse.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll never get why they didn't do that right from pp 1. We have the players to do it too. Price saw way too many shots, especially on the pp.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Every playoff team has guys playing injured. It's no excuse.

Injured is different from hurt.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

fantastic season all around. I can't complain much right now about the team. It's a damn shame though that the pageau goal didn't count, we might be talking game 7 right now.

The experience itself will be great for our team. If anything, it'll teach them the importance of not going down 3-0 in a series.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

What a great season and a great run. This is a season that will never be forgotten.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:At least we can trade Andy now

Yup. That is a definite positive out of this loss.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:It annoys me that they realize in the last 5 minutes that they have to get in front of price.  All game - nothing, but the last 5 gangbusters.

Yeah, this mystified me too. Price saw pretty much everything last night. Dunno why we didn't try to screen him more on the PP. Really, really strange. Oh well, on to the next game!....wait...oh.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crying

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder if, if something like this happened again, would Cameron pull Hammond after the 4-goal 2nd if only just to see how Anderson played. If Anderson is lights out you put him in. If he plays so-so you go right back to Hammond. And there's also an off-chance that the team responds to the goalie change and actually scores the tying goal.

I loved the Hamburglar and thought he deserved the start, for sure. But he struggled a bit in G1.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I wonder if, if something like this happened again, would Cameron pull Hammond after the 4-goal 2nd if only just to see how Anderson played.  If Anderson is lights out you put him in.  If he plays so-so you go right back to Hammond.  And there's also an off-chance that the team responds to the goalie change and actually scores the tying goal.  

I loved the Hamburglar and thought he deserved the start, for sure.  But he struggled a bit in G1.

Cameron said himself they thought about starting Anderson in Game 2. It's hard to complain about the way they handled the goalies...Hammond earned every right to start both those games. I think they did the right thing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It annoys me that they realize in the last 5 minutes that they have to get in front of price.  All game - nothing, but the last 5 gangbusters.

Yeah, this mystified me too.  Price saw pretty much everything last night.  Dunno why we didn't try to screen him more on the PP.  Really, really strange.  Oh well, on to the next game!....wait...oh.

PGDT  - Game 6: Canadiens @ Sens - Sunday, Apr 26th, 6:00pm - Page 5 852933671

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yea I agree. We did not play the same game as in game 5. I think the team is more confident in its ability to score beautiful goals then by having to screen or deflect. Not enough guys trying to get to the front of the net until it was too late. There's a lot to learn from here. I hope guys like Chiasson can take in those lessons. Pageau brings in another level. I hope a lot of people can learn from him too. Michalekcannot be healthy. He's avoiding contact a lot and doesn't seem like his body language on the ice doesn't speak to me like a guy that is in full capability of it. I wonder if we'll find out what is up with Ryan. He seemed to be playing with a bit more strength as the game wore on.maybe he was starting to get healthy.

Karlsson is obviously injured. I mean the captain doesn't just abstain from practices.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Injured or not he played a hell of a series and played 32 mins last night. One of the best captains in the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum