GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+17
asq2
Hobiesens
Oglethorpe
ddt
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
Vandelay
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
spader
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:yeah but you have to overpay by a ton just to get him. I'd say not to that. Would you sign peak JBo for those dollars?

Not sure. I don't like that jbo has no playoff experience but I like his mobility a lot. Why, you wouldn't?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:yeah but you have to overpay by a ton just to get him. I'd say not to that. Would you sign peak JBo for those dollars?

Not sure.  I don't like that jbo has no playoff experience but I like his mobility a lot.  Why,  you wouldn't?

i don't think i'd pay 7 million and a 1st + more to get Hamilton.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Not sure.  I don't like that jbo has no playoff experience but I like his mobility a lot.  Why,  you wouldn't?

I see what you mean

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:They'd match that I'm sure otherwise ottawa should be all over that.  That's not a heavy price to pay for Hamilton

Of course they'd match, their D is old and slow. This would just be a "Screw you for firing me" from Chiarelli.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The whole point of Mac's discussion was that there were a number of RFAs (Hamilton being one, and Saad being another -- he mentioned 1 or 2 more that I don't remember) where the current team would have no choice but to match, putting them in cap hell. So it's a move to cripple a rival. In Edmonton's case, of course, Boston is not a rival.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I see what you mean  

Fact is Bruins couldn't match it so they would automatically get him. Is he considered a #1 d-man?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I see what you mean  

Fact is Bruins couldn't match it so they would automatically get him. Is he considered a #1 d-man?
if i was the oilers i would seriously doing that right after the draft. they aren't likely will get a dman ready to jump in like that that can grow with the core. worst case boston matches or hamilton doesn't want to go to the oilers.

would give the oilers the chance to part ways with other assets in a trade.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Glendale was just a scam to keep the team afloat until another NHL arena was ready.  The Coyotes had a clause to leave if they lost too much $$, and they've apparently been fudging their numbers.  I'd love to see Bettman and the Coyotes take the stand under oath for this Dung.

The deal is so terrible for the city though, clearly there were people on the take there as no competent city management would have taken that.  I don't blame them for wanting out.

Quebec arena will be open this fall(NHL wants expansion here though).  Vegas won't be ready til next year.  There's nothing in Seattle right now and I don't think there is any ownership who wants a team in KC.

In any case, I think this whole saga is coming to a close finally.

On the take? Sort of, I guess:

The agenda referenced an Arizona statute that allows an agency to cancel a contract if an employee significantly involved with the agreement becomes an employee or agent of the other party to the contract. Former Glendale city attorney Craig Tindall has been the Coyotes’ general counsel since 2013 after stepping down from his position with the city.

Seems like Glendale has legit grounds to cancel that contract.

The contract essentially gives the owners a free team thanks to the 225 million dollar contract to manage the rink. Forbes has a lot of the dirty details.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2013/05/30/phoenix-coyotes-170-million-sale-to-be-partially-funded-by-nhl/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep. This is the NHL. Boots and bribes, but no Balsillie.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just move to Seattle, expand to QC and LV in the next few years, move on.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

For those talking about an Edmonton offer sheet for Dougie Hamilton, wouldn't Edm have to give up their 1st overall? Doesn't it have to be their pick (i.e., not one they aquired)?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Bobby Mac was asked on TSN690 whether we would see more offer sheets as has been talked about, due to cap shrinkage and all.  He said he wouldn't necessarily bet on it but wouldn't it be a delicious bit of drama of Chiarelli extended one to Dougie Hamilton.

Delicious would be right.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 65 Why-we-feel-hungry

That steak is worth its own thread. Drool

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:For those talking about an Edmonton offer sheet for Dougie Hamilton, wouldn't Edm have to give up their 1st overall? Doesn't it have to be their pick (i.e., not one they aquired)?

It's usually done after the draft.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:For those talking about an Edmonton offer sheet for Dougie Hamilton, wouldn't Edm have to give up their 1st overall? Doesn't it have to be their pick (i.e., not one they aquired)?

It's usually done after the draft.

Ah. Of course. Facepalm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

That being the case, the Sens should offer sheet Tarasenko for $7.29 x 7.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

I concur! Although I bet the blues would match. But I don't care would serve them well for not trading for spezza after all.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Sure Tarasenko and Doggie Hamilton. LET'S DO IT!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The goalie market is getting interesting. Talbot is available; one of Markstrom/Lack are available; Dubnyk may hit free agency.

I'm hoping the Sens goaltending situation gets sorted out sooner rather than later. I feel like the price is just going to go down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum