GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+17
asq2
Hobiesens
Oglethorpe
ddt
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
Vandelay
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
spader
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I am so tired of hearing about Coyotes nonsense.  The city doesn't want the team.  The people don't show up to games.  Why do they still have a team?  Obviously the Glendale City Council is nuts, but this is also an epic fail on the shoulders of Bettman.

They wouldn't have these issues if they stayed in Phoenix (and built a new arena).

I agree. I am sick of the non-stop drama. They're trying to shove hockey down their throats and it's simply not working.

Vegas, Seattle, KC, and QC are all begging for a team. Stop trying to fix what's broken and go somewhere where they're actually wanted.

No kidding.  Stop trying so hard to delay the inevitable and move the damn team.
is QC arena ready? does seattle have an arena? i know KC has an arena but are they a viable market?(probably better than arizona but if you are moving you want it to be to a viable market.) if you ask me this has already been preplanned that they would likely move in 5 years when the last sale went down but it was more about preparing the ground work for the relocation. winnipeg went really fast because everything was in place. as far as other markets? it's not in place yet. if seattle had the arena they'd probably have moved by now.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I am so tired of hearing about Coyotes nonsense.  The city doesn't want the team.  The people don't show up to games.  Why do they still have a team?  Obviously the Glendale City Council is nuts, but this is also an epic fail on the shoulders of Bettman.

They wouldn't have these issues if they stayed in Phoenix (and built a new arena).

I agree. I am sick of the non-stop drama. They're trying to shove hockey down their throats and it's simply not working.

Vegas, Seattle, KC, and QC are all begging for a team. Stop trying to fix what's broken and go somewhere where they're actually wanted.

No kidding.  Stop trying so hard to delay the inevitable and move the damn team.

I imagine it's hard for whatever the ownership group calls themselves to walk away from an agreement that pays them 225 million to "manage" the arena.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Glendale was just a scam to keep the team afloat until another NHL arena was ready.  The Coyotes had a clause to leave if they lost too much $$, and they've apparently been fudging their numbers. I'd love to see Bettman and the Coyotes take the stand under oath for this Dung.

The deal is so terrible for the city though, clearly there were people on the take there as no competent city management would have taken that. I don't blame them for wanting out.

Quebec arena will be open this fall(NHL wants expansion here though).  Vegas won't be ready til next year.  There's nothing in Seattle right now and I don't think there is any ownership who wants a team in KC.

In any case, I think this whole saga is coming to a close finally.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Penguins announced they are parting ways with ehrhoff, Martin and I forget who else.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Talk of Sabres considering buying out Cody Hodgson

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Talk of Sabres considering buying out Cody Hodgson

Correct, Hoager.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We might want to get on ehroff. I mean I know we have a glut of D-man but this makes a lot of sense. Could help us cut bait with a couple of our own.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:We might want to get on ehroff. I mean I know we have a glut of D-man but this makes a lot of sense. Could help us cut bait with a couple of our own.

I don't see us getting in to the UFA market like that due to all the RFAs we have to sign.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bobby Mac was asked on TSN690 whether we would see more offer sheets as has been talked about, due to cap shrinkage and all. He said he wouldn't necessarily bet on it but wouldn't it be a delicious bit of drama of Chiarelli extended one to Dougie Hamilton.

Delicious would be right.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 Why-we-feel-hungry

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hmmm. Thats intriguing. 6.5 x 7 might do it or 7x 7

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

Really? I thought it was like 4 1sts or something crazy like that. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is totally worth it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

Really? I thought it was like 4 1sts or something crazy like that. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is totally worth it.

I agree. It would help get Boston out of their cap crunch and would help EDM move their franchise forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They'd match that I'm sure otherwise ottawa should be all over that. That's not a heavy price to pay for Hamilton

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah but you have to overpay by a ton just to get him. I'd say not to that. Would you sign peak JBo for those dollars?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:yeah but you have to overpay by a ton just to get him. I'd say not to that. Would you sign peak JBo for those dollars?

Not sure. I don't like that jbo has no playoff experience but I like his mobility a lot. Why, you wouldn't?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:yeah but you have to overpay by a ton just to get him. I'd say not to that. Would you sign peak JBo for those dollars?

Not sure.  I don't like that jbo has no playoff experience but I like his mobility a lot.  Why,  you wouldn't?

i don't think i'd pay 7 million and a 1st + more to get Hamilton.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Not sure.  I don't like that jbo has no playoff experience but I like his mobility a lot.  Why,  you wouldn't?

i don't think i'd pay 7 million and a 1st + more to get Hamilton.

I see what you mean

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum