GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
asq2
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They all are man, lol. Honestly, men's beer league has some of the dumbest humans on earth, I spare once in a while for a skate just to keep fresh and get some cardio in... unless you are playing div 1, maybe 2 where the guys actually know wtf is going on and can play the game at a really respectable level, the other divs are a joke. Fully of guys that played house league forever, maybe played contact in their final year of midget when anyone worth a damn went to play AAA or Jr and they feel like they are playing for the Stanley cup or to have their name at the top of a list on a website that only a few goofs check out.

The best is when guys go down to block shots, lol. I'll let a guy skate in from center ice if I have to block a shot. If they want it that bad they can have it, lol.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Fleury signs for 4 years $5.75. Nice contract.

Gag
seriously, how does he even get that! Anderson gets 4.2 and he gets 5.75? that's laughable. sure fleury has a cup but Anderson might have a couple by now if he would of been in fleury's shoes in Pitts.

you wanna talk about a goalie that has incredible lows that look like he's not even back-up material? look no further then him.

It's incredible. He's won a Cup and has ridden that all the way to this point.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wish the Sens had a goalie who won a cup with them that was riding that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So youd trade Lehner for fleury?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wasn't the point. If Lehner won a cup, then played like Flurey for 6 years after, meh, w/e. He won a cup with the Sens.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well yeah, I'd take a cup and fleury now, but that's not really the point either. The point is they want to win again, they don't want to waste years of crosby's career. Is fleury their best option? I highly doubt that at this point.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bigger probs in Pitt than Flurey IMO... what's the other options? Not like goalies are being given away.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I disagree. Goalies are discarded like crazy. Hiller comes to mind as a guy they could have used. Maybe miller too for a million more. Can't think of the other goalies who have moved recently, but I'm sure there are others.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:I disagree.  Goalies are discarded like crazy.  Hiller comes to mind as a guy they could have used. Maybe miller too for a million more.  Can't think of the other goalies who have moved recently, but I'm sure there are others.  

Really? Hiller is surpassed by 2 unknowns last year for the most part, hasn't won a thing in his career, and you replace Flurey with him? Come on, not only is that using hindsight it's pretty unrealistic. How does Hiller do under that kind of pressure? Any better than Flurey? Maybe worse? Unrealistic to expect a discarded goaltender to come in and be better than MAF.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At what point do you look at what fleury has done recently and say, Diddle it, I'll roll the dice and change things up. Dont like hiller? How about miller?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Clearly in 4 more years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that's what flo and I were saying. That's a mistake in our opinions.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fleury is very good. He is probably the most underrated keeper in the league. Ryan Miller is a choke artist. Jonas Hiller signed with the worst team in the league. Penguins d is thin and he is playing really well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

goalies are available and yes i'd actually roll the dice on an up and coming goalie rather than hand 5.75 mill to a guy who can't do it anymore on a consistent base. pitts is constantly against the cap and is always being suggested that they trade malkin to get a return in which they'd be able to spread money more evenly and they give this guy almost 6 mill? he's worth at best half of that.

we've seen a bunch of young goal tenders find new homes last year and this summer, you can't tell me pitts couldn't have made a deal to acquire one.

Honestly they're better off investing in Greiss which they already have than Fleury.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No he's clearly not worth just half of that. If Bobby ryan gets 7 million for 50 points then fleury gets 5.7 for 40 wins and a Cup. Different positions but you get my drift.

And the rising cap, don't forget.

Why would Pittsburgh go with some unproven guy like Greiss when they know what they have in fleury? A guy who everyone on the team loves to play in front of.

He's a winner and a fan favourite.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Fleury is very good. He is probably the most underrated keeper in the league. Ryan Miller is a choke artist. Jonas Hiller signed with the worst team in the league. Penguins d is thin and he is playing really well.
that's exactly what fleury has done since winning the cup. he can play well but on short stretches, much better suited to the back-up position if you ask me.

Hiller lost his place in anaheim because of a series of concussion and because of the strong play of their young tenders.
hiller in my eyes is a much better, cheaper option.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Montreal is on top of the division with 5 Regulation/OT wins and a -8 Goal Differential. What a joke.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He actually took a salary decrease based on the current cap.

Who cares if hiller is cheaper when he isn't as good. You just complained that Pittsburgh should go with a younger guy yet Hiller got beat out by younger guys himself.

The Penguins haven't lost because of fleury. To suggest he's a backup is ignorant of his talent and experience.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum