GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
asq2
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Montreal @ Tampa, Bishop will get his chance. The two teams were very close last year, just 1 point in the standings, and 2 of their 4 games going to a SO, with a third ending in OT. With Bishop healthy, we'll finally see the match up we were supposed to see in the playoffs.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Pretty early in the season to write them off, but have to agree with some of the points here:
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-terribly-overrated-boston-bruins/

They lost Boychuk, Iginla and Thornton, and Chara is getting old in a hurry.  Krejci is injured (but might be back this afternoon) and Lucic appears to be out of shape.  And not enough cap room to make any significant adjustments.  They have to play the rookies.  With Montreal off to a hot start, how long before you can say "kiss the Division lead good bye"?   What is it they say, it's nearly impossible to overcome a 2-digit lead?  They are 4 back now, and play Colorado and Detroit before facing the Habs in the second game in 2 nights.  Habs play Tampa tonight then have three days off before hosting the tired Bruins.

If the stars align the Bruins could be 10 points back of the Division lead before next weekend.

I think a lot of people have quietly thought that perhaps the Bruins are starting to decline. The thing that might end up hurting them is they draft so low every year- if at all - and eventually you have to infuse some youth to keep things fresh and keep the cap down.

That said, they have the pillar back there in Rask, so they'll be competitive pretty much no matter what. Bergeron and Krejci when healthy are two big, strong Cs, Lucic, Marchand, Hamilton. They'll be a playoff team for a while I would think, but the Atlantic is ripe for the taking.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://deadspin.com/large-blue-jackets-fan-dancing-in-extreme-slow-motion-i-1645577603?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Bahahahahahahahahaha. The bear makes it so much funnier.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That. Is. Epic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:http://deadspin.com/large-blue-jackets-fan-dancing-in-extreme-slow-motion-i-1645577603?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Bahahahahahahahahaha.  The bear makes it so much funnier.

OK, you realize you posted this before I've had my Thanksgiving Dinner, right?  You owe me a holiday meal.
Dammit!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, let's see if the Bruins are going to take that last loss lying down. Puck drop moments away.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHL Center Ice free preview -- you can watch the Bruins game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Colorado up 1-0 (their first goal of the season) after one. Bruins tie it up on too-many-men PP nearing the mid point of the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Still 1-1 mid-way through third. I lost the TV so can only go by stats. Looks pretty even.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Briere scores with 0.3 to go. Wow McKinnon is a beast

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To win? That sucks for the bruins

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:To win?  That sucks for the bruins That's great for the Sens.

fyp. Every time a team in the Sens division don't get points, it's a win in my books.

Eat it, Boston.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

f boston.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Briere with the buzzer- beater. This must crush the Bs. Losing a point like that. If the Habs win tonight they'll be 6 back of the Division lead. Then if they don't win the next game, they'll be playing the rested Habs in the second of back-to-back games with the possibility of getting double-digits out of the Division lead.

It might not happen, who knows. But the Bs were embarrassed 4-0 by the Capitals and this is the way they came out? They gave up 30 shots on goal, if not for Svedberg (3rd star) it could have been over a lot sooner.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Wow, Briere with the buzzer- beater.  This must crush the Bs.  Losing a point like that.  If the Habs win tonight they'll be 6 back of the Division lead.  Then if they don't win the next game, they'll be playing the rested Habs in the second of back-to-back games with the possibility of getting double-digits out of the Division lead.  

It might not happen, who knows.  But the Bs were embarrassed 4-0 by the Capitals and this is the way they came out?  They gave up 30 shots on goal, if not for Svedberg (3rd star) it could have been over a lot sooner.  

All good news. Cue the Bruins' regression.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sabres are slowly getting better -- they had 3 shots in the 1st period, 4 in the 2nd and 5 in the third. Progress. Nolan later said it was like a pweewee team playing against pros. Somehow they managed a goal. How bad will they be this year is anyone's question.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Sabres are slowly getting better -- they had 3 shots in the 1st period, 4 in the 2nd and 5 in the third.  Progress.  Nolan later said it was like a pweewee team playing against pros.  Somehow they managed a goal.  How bad will they be this year is anyone's question.  

They made some good moves this summer (Moulson, Gionta, Gorges, Mez), but it'll take time for the kids to figure out what they're doing. That team will get better with Murray at the helm, but it's going to take some time and a lot of patience.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

f the habs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum