GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 22]

46Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:32 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Lazar can't play in the AHL until he's 20

47Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, that was shocking. Sounds like they think Lazar might be able to play right out of junior.

48Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Lazar can't play in the AHL until he's 20

Not sure if he ever will based on what Murray said.

49Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Yah, that was shocking.  Sounds like they think Lazar might be able to play right out of junior.

Who knows, Jeff Skinner played right after being drafted and they look very similar in stature and skillset.

50Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
NEELY wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Noesen NHL ready, Lazar another year or 2 off. For the record.

Maybe, maybe not but he's a better player than Noesen, way more upside too.  They gave up a prospect that they replaced this year despite him being a little closer to the NHL.  They have their guys now and the only player they traded off the current team was Silfverberg.

I agree Lazar has a much higher ceiling.

Did you hear Murray on the presser?  He was asked if he was looking for another top-six and he said I believe we just drafted him.  Time will tell, of course, but  he had lost a bit of traction with the suspension, missing the World Juniors, and that high ankle sprain.  It may be unfair to say he lost a year of development, but it's not far from the truth.  If Lazar sticks with the B-Sens to start the season then I think you could say that they are very close.

I think he was having a little fun with CheapShots Brennan.

Looks like Murray is looking for a bottom pairing D as well.

51Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Anyhow, here's what we're getting

52Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lazar is a pretty built kid, fast, great shot, and smart. If he's the best player in camp they will give him a spot.

Michalek/Spezza/Ryan
MacArthur/Turris/Lazar
Conacher/Zibanejad/Stone
Neil/Smith/Greening,Condra
Kassian

Looks so weird without Alfie.

53Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think he was having a little fun with CheapShots Brennan.

Looks like Murray is looking for a bottom pairing D as well.

Yeah, what was that all about? Looking for a 5-6-7 guy? That means Gryba is playing the right side on the 2nd pairing. Hmm, I hope he doesn't suffer from a sophomore jinx but, rather, shows a nice improvement in his game. He did a fantastic job coming in and playing the 2nd paring minutes, but 82 games plus playoffs? I guess we'll see.

54Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bobby Ryan coming up on Team1200.

55Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another guy who knows Turris. They draft Wiercioch and that helps them make a deal for Turris, who is his best bud. Ryan said he knows Turris pretty well.

56Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:07 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Does 9mm hand over his number Sarcasm

57Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Does 9mm hand over his number Sarcasm

There's another not-too-further-away number that is now available Sarcasm 

58Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Does 9mm hand over his number Sarcasm

There's another not-too-further-away number that is now available Sarcasm 

Which one? Sarcasm

59Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:16 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

question?: what's the relation with Bobby Ryan and Philadelphia? cuz listening to the his interview on the team he lives in Wyoming. not exactly near Philly or a reason why he would want to be there.
I just can't remember why we all thought he wanted to be there.

he did mentioned he was hoping he could do something special in the next couple of years... is that our timeline with him, a couple of years? i sure hope we can keep him but maybe i'm looking too much into this to soon.

60Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:28 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:question?: what's the relation with Bobby Ryan and Philadelphia? cuz listening to the his interview on the team he lives in Wyoming. not exactly near Philly or a reason why he would want to be there.

he did mentioned he was hoping he could do something special in the next couple of years... is that our timeline with him, a couple of years? i sure hope we can keep him but maybe i'm looking too much into this to soon.

He's gonna leave for Philly in 2 years you just watch.
Corey Perry couldn't wait for free agency to join Ottawa and all his awesome family here.

61Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:question?: what's the relation with Bobby Ryan and Philadelphia? cuz listening to the his interview on the team he lives in Wyoming. not exactly near Philly or a reason why he would want to be there.

Ryan is from NJ. Philly is close (and a much nicer area than Newark).

62Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:

He's gonna leave for Philly in 2 years you just watch.
Corey Perry couldn't wait for free agency to join Ottawa and all his awesome family here.

And a Flyer forward is going to be playing for Ottawa in October. Book it.

63Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really hope that signing Ryan won't be an issue long-term. That said, I loved how excited Ryan sounded to be coming here. His immediate Tweet..."look out Ottawa...I'm coming in hot". Great stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum