GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 22]

31Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:.

The very same time Spezza's deal expires...

more to come [/quote]

I hope Murray knows what he is doing here.

32Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:09 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Tumblr_mf1ddpZlHm1rwt0uq

33Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big gamble for Murray, he's proving he's not an all "play safe GM" respect, still, huge gamble!

34Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

more to come

I hope Murray knows what he is doing here.[/quote]

Spezza will probably be a cheaper player by then and offset a raise for Ryan.

Adding Clarkson and Ryan creates a surplus of LWs (looking in Greening's direction). Not to be greedy but it would be nice to move Greening for an offensive RW with size to play with Turris. That could very well be Zibanejad, though.

Since I really, really like Greening - Pageau - Condra maybe Conacher is a guy you can move or send to Bingo?

35Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

more to come

I hope Murray knows what he is doing here.

He doesn't care. It'll be Tim's mess then.

36Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And here I was pissed cuz Mtl got Briere.Laugh1 

37Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:20 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well this is all very crazy.

Too much to process. I guess we have a better roster today than we did yesterday, but I would've rather kept THE ALFIE as well...I still think Eugene's budget has hurt us here.

38Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
He doesn't care.  It'll be Tim's mess then.

Tim was next to him when he made the deal, I am sure

39Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
He doesn't care.  It'll be Tim's mess then.

Tim was next to him when he made the deal, I am sure

Yeah, Probably shaking his head and thinking "What the hell am I going to do in 2 years?"

40Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is definitely Melnyk saying FU to Alfredsson for not thinking the Sens were a contender.

41Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:This is definitely Melnyk saying FU to Alfredsson for not thinking the Sens were a contender.

Sad.

42Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:This is definitely Melnyk saying FU to Alfredsson for not thinking the Sens were a contender.

Yeah I can see him taking that personally.

I remember how he raged after Heatley wanted out.

43Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:26 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Today is the day the franchise turned the page and for the better it seems. Adding Ryan and MacArthur vs Alfi and Silfverberg... Sens are a better team today. Best part of the season is you avoid all of the "it's Alfi's last chance, win it for Alfi". It's all about hockey now. Not the way I wanted to see Alfie go out but c;est la vie.

44Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:12 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Noesen NHL ready, Lazar another year or 2 off. For the record.

Maybe, maybe not but he's a better player than Noesen, way more upside too.  They gave up a prospect that they replaced this year despite him being a little closer to the NHL.  They have their guys now and the only player they traded off the current team was Silfverberg.

I agree Lazar has a much higher ceiling.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

45Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

M_Christopher wrote:
NEELY wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:Noesen NHL ready, Lazar another year or 2 off. For the record.

Maybe, maybe not but he's a better player than Noesen, way more upside too.  They gave up a prospect that they replaced this year despite him being a little closer to the NHL.  They have their guys now and the only player they traded off the current team was Silfverberg.

I agree Lazar has a much higher ceiling.

Did you hear Murray on the presser? He was asked if he was looking for another top-six and he said I believe we just drafted him. Time will tell, of course, but he had lost a bit of traction with the suspension, missing the World Juniors, and that high ankle sprain. It may be unfair to say he lost a year of development, but it's not far from the truth. If Lazar sticks with the B-Sens to start the season then I think you could say that they are very close.

46Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lazar can't play in the AHL until he's 20

47Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, that was shocking. Sounds like they think Lazar might be able to play right out of junior.

48Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Lazar can't play in the AHL until he's 20

Not sure if he ever will based on what Murray said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum