GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+18
Oglethorpe
Ev
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
NEELY
tim1_2
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 66]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

RDS negotiated a deal with the KHL. They will show 8 games in January, plus the All Star Game. Gotta be better than what I've seen so far of the Spengler Cup. And I get RDS in HD. Bonus.

Provisional schedule of games to be shown in January 2013:
Jan. 6 – CSKA vs Traktor
Jan. 8 – Lev vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 10 – CSKA vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 16 - Avangard vs CSKA
Jan. 22 - Dynamo Moscow vs SKA
Jan. 26 - Dynamo Moscow vs Traktor
Jan. 28 - Dynamo Moscow vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 30 – SKA vs Metallurg Mg

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:RDS negotiated a deal with the KHL. They will show 8 games in January, plus the All Star Game. Gotta be better than what I've seen so far of the Spengler Cup. And I get RDS in HD. Bonus.

Provisional schedule of games to be shown in January 2013:
Jan. 6 – CSKA vs Traktor
Jan. 8 – Lev vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 10 – CSKA vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 16 - Avangard vs CSKA
Jan. 22 - Dynamo Moscow vs SKA
Jan. 26 - Dynamo Moscow vs Traktor
Jan. 28 - Dynamo Moscow vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 30 – SKA vs Metallurg Mg

I wonder if they still will broadcast the KHL games when the NHL is back? Probably different timeslots anyway.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Won't have to worry until the 22nd. If ever.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

How bad is that Wideman signing in Calgary now lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:How bad is that Wideman signing in Calgary now lol

You think he's a candidate for a compliance buyout? He'll have 4 years left after this season. He shoots right Smile

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Absolutely not lol. Calgary is stuck with him

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Absolutely not lol. Calgary is stuck with him

I take it that's a no to bringing him in; but is he a candidate for a compliance buyout?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No way, looks awful if you buy a guy before he even plays a game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:No way, looks awful if you buy a guy before he even plays a game.

I don't think compliance buyouts will be done until the off-season. The salary cap for this year is still $70M+ (pro-rated, of course).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Maybe if he totally blows but otherwise don't think so.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

I don't think compliance buyouts will be done until the off-season. The salary cap for this year is still $70M+ (pro-rated, of course).

From what TSN is stating.. compliance buyouts will start after this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:

From what TSN is stating.. compliance buyouts will start after this season.

Yeah, it makes no sense to do it earlier -- there is no need for it from a cap compliance point of view, plus it give the player an opportunity to make a case for himself as a tradeable commodity (maybe not in all cases -- e.g. Redden, Gomez).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just realized The luongo story will rule the news for the next little while... Oh no! Facepalm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Apparently the Leaf package would be Bozak + prospect + pick. I imagine it'd have to be a fairly substantial prospect and a 1st rounder, but what do I know.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Apparently the Leaf package would be Bozak + prospect + pick. I imagine it'd have to be a fairly substantial prospect and a 1st rounder, but what do I know.

Pfft, that's no good unless it's like you say, a nice prospect like Kadri (who I don't like) and a high pick - 2nd at the least.

And I insist the Panthers don't need Luongo and would only get into their own issues when Markstrom is ready. It would be like Ottawa acquiring Luongo right now, it doesn't make much sense.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yep. TSN has already been all over the Luongo story. Apparently it'll be the Leafs or the Panthers.

Pfft, that's no good unless it's like you say, a nice prospect like Kadri (who I don't like) and a high pick - 2nd at the least.

And I insist the Panthers don't need Luongo and would only get into their own issues when Markstrom is ready. It would be like Ottawa acquiring Luongo right now, it doesn't make much sense.
I mean i'm already sick of hearing about these trade rumours but I have to agree, it doesn't make much sense for florida to acquire him.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

I would expect the Canucks to want a roster player, prospect + a 1st round pick... They may not get it.. but then again.. in a short push to the end of the season it wouldn't hurt them to keep Luongo and trade him next off-season. Then the Flyers may buyout Brzygalov and try for Luongo.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it wouldn't HURT to keep Luongo, but I think the Canucks would be better served by trading him. Schneider can carry that team just fine, and the return for Luongo might finally be the thing that puts them over the top.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum