GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+18
Oglethorpe
Ev
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
NEELY
tim1_2
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 66]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeKing wrote:John Tavares is a monster of a player plain and simple. Best vision on the ice among the 1st overall picks of the past 10 years. I've always thought he was way better than Duchene.

Ahem...#87 might have something to say about that.

? Did I miss something?

Best vision from 1st overalls in last 10 years? Crosby and it's not close?

Overrated Sarcasm

I forgot Sid was 2005, my bad Laugh1 And you bolded Duchene so I was kinda confused

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeKing wrote:John Tavares is a monster of a player plain and simple. Best vision on the ice among the 1st overall picks of the past 10 years. I've always thought he was way better than Duchene.

Ahem...#87 might have something to say about that.

? Did I miss something?

Best vision from 1st overalls in last 10 years? Crosby and it's not close?

Overrated Sarcasm

I forgot Sid was 2005, my bad Laugh1 And you bolded Duchene so I was kinda confused

Haha I didn't, it was SSF referring to Dash.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Coffee!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:The rematch between Buffalo and Boston (next week or the week after I think) is going to be AWESOME.

I guess last night, up by three goals, Lindy Ruff called a timeout with like 15 seconds, and then had Scott on the ice. They haven't forgotten Lucic running over Miller.

Yes he is huge.. but he can't play. His skills are his fists. He plays about on average 3.5 min a game. You can't play 4 lines using him for his 5 shifts a game. At the end of the short season the Sabres may pay for that with some overworked players.

They have tough enough guys in Kaleta (I hate that guy), Foligno, Orr.. why do they waste a space on a goon. Not many teams are going that way now... was that a good move for them. They got him because of Boston? Who else is going to fight that guy?

But yes, the next game will be good between the Bruins & the Sabres.

I just hope Ruff doesn't send Scott after Karlsson they way Torts sent Boyle after him last season. We don't have anyone to fight Scott... I would not want to risk an injury to Neil to find out.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Boston and Buffalo just hate each other, haha. Hopefully every team in the NHL just beats the crap out of one another. The way the Bruins plays as well... they will be out of gas come the playoffs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The rematch between Buffalo and Boston (next week or the week after I think) is going to be AWESOME.

I guess last night, up by three goals, Lindy Ruff called a timeout with like 15 seconds, and then had Scott on the ice. They haven't forgotten Lucic running over Miller.

Yes he is huge.. but he can't play. His skills are his fists. He plays about on average 3.5 min a game. You can't play 4 lines using him for his 5 shifts a game. At the end of the short season the Sabres may pay for that with some overworked players.

They have tough enough guys in Kaleta (I hate that guy), Foligno, Orr.. why do they waste a space on a goon. Not many teams are going that way now... was that a good move for them. They got him because of Boston? Who else is going to fight that guy?

I just hope Ruff doesn't send Scott after Karlsson they way Torts sent Boyle after him last season. We don't have anyone to fight Scott... I would not want to risk an injury to Neil to find out.

Sometimes I wonder where you come up with things, lol. That won't ever happen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, what a move by Ruff. Pay back Lucic for concussing Miller by sending Kronk out to concuss Thornton. Yeah, that was a lesson Boston won't soon forget Facepalm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:

Yeah, what a move by Ruff. Pay back Lucic for concussing Miller by sending Kronk out to concuss Thornton. Yeah, that was a lesson Boston won't soon forget Facepalm

Love watching those games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Sometimes I wonder where you come up with things, lol. That won't ever happen.

Still, to make sure it doesn't happen, I think Karlsson should do a pre-emptive strike: a slapshot to the windpipe.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Watch at around the 1:15 mark. Malkin, on the way down after a slash from Staal, clubs him on the helmet with his stick. No penalty was called. I wonder if it'll be looked at.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Habs are banning the PK/Price post victory "three low 5's" celebration...

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/02/01/canadiens-refuse-to-confirm-when-p-k-subban-will-play-first-game/

This is getting Cussing stupid. I never minded it and thought it was fun.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Another move I agree with. Hockey is a game of respect unlike a lot of other sports, especially inside the locker room. You live and die with the guys there. Montreal is turning the corner as we speak and will be a team to contend with in short order.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yep. Same with Yakupov's challenged mid ice goal celebrations.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:

Literally no way Scott could ever catch Karlsson.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The NHL is now the No Havingfun League...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:The NHL is now the No Havingfun League...

Hockey is a team game, when you separate yourself from the team you look like an idiot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:

Hockey is a team game, when you separate yourself from the team you look like an idiot.
So everyone that celebrates on their own is an idiot...

Ok.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:

So everyone that celebrates on their own is an idiot...

Ok.

IMO, yup. No reason not to because chances are someone got you that puck.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5798

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum