GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

196 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote: Ahhhhh!

Speaking of which... time to dissolve Hockey Canada and appoint a blue-ribbon panel to chart the future course of hockey in Canada and create a successor organization to pick up where Hockey Canada left off up until this latest fiasco.

Don't dissolve. Just disclaim interest.

197 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wow, major over-reaction.
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/3/3831186/canada-vs-usa-angry-fans-world-junior-hockey-2013

And you can also tell that school is still not back in session.

198 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Now all of the sudden Jones will be the #1 pick (which I don't disagree with btw) but everyone will jump on that. Gibson will be the best goaltending prospects in hockey, Droiun will be competing with McKennon (which won't happen), Yakupov might bust, Subban will be an awful goaltender in the NHL, etc, etc, etc.

The only thing that happened that was pretty predictable was Ryan Murphy blowing. I would say Ian White V.2 but I don't even think he hits that level in the NHL. Been overrated since Don Cherry said his name on HNIC.

Anyways, this tournament is about the last thing on earth anyone should use to form an opinion on a prospect/player because it tells people absolutely nothing.

I couldn't care less about the wjc, but how could you not love Jones and Drouin?

199 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Drouin was ok... didn't do a whole lot away from RNH.

200 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Now all of the sudden Jones will be the #1 pick (which I don't disagree with btw) but everyone will jump on that. Gibson will be the best goaltending prospects in hockey, Droiun will be competing with McKennon (which won't happen), Yakupov might bust, Subban will be an awful goaltender in the NHL, etc, etc, etc.

The only thing that happened that was pretty predictable was Ryan Murphy blowing. I would say Ian White V.2 but I don't even think he hits that level in the NHL. Been overrated since Don Cherry said his name on HNIC.

Anyways, this tournament is about the last thing on earth anyone should use to form an opinion on a prospect/player because it tells people absolutely nothing.

I couldn't care less about the wjc, but how could you not love Jones and Drouin?

I'm liking that Winkstrand kid too. Probably the only player in the whole tournament I care about right now.

201 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll say this right now though, Strome will be an absolute bust in the NHL. Can't stand the way he plays the game.

202 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm liking that Winkstrand kid too. Probably the only player in the whole tournament I care about right now.

Care, but not enough to get his name right?

203 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Name? The only player I mentioned was young Wikström.

204 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Kim Wikström? Hardly a prospect at 30: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=41737

Or one of the other 73 matched players? http://www.eliteprospects.com/playersearch2.php

205 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, Binnington is starting the Bronze medal game. Once again, Canada cannot complete a tournament with the same goalie they started with.

206 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Kim Wikström? Hardly a prospect at 30: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=41737

Or one of the other 73 matched players? http://www.eliteprospects.com/playersearch2.php

Yeah, you know the one I mean. That kid the Senators drafted.

207 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Russia vs Canada @ 4:00 am tomorrow - Bronze Medal Game
USA vs Sweden @ 8:00am tomorrow - Gold Medal Game

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/schedule/

TSN will broadcast both games.

Would be nice to close out with a win and come home with something.

208 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The crowd will be cheering for the USA in the gold medal game because of Galchenyuk, for sure.

The Bronze medal game will be boring as neither team wants it.

209 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, who got up to watch? No? Me, neither. Pretty exciting game, by all accounts. Subban finished the tournament for Canada after all.

OK, gold medal game in just a few minutes. Wikstrand our one and only hope.

210 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Russia beat Canada 6-5 in OT. No medal for Canada. Bah

211 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Seth Jones is scary

212 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada had won a medal in 14 straight World Junior tournaments. The streak is over.

213 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 14 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Under 2 mins to go... USA leading 2-1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum