GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

181 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:35 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go Sweden!

182 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

All tied up 2-2 in the 3rd...

Over 6 mins to go.

183 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:All tied up 2-2 in the 3rd...

Over 6 mins to go.

According to TSN, Swedes win. What are your sources saying, shabber?

184 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:USA put the boots to Canada 5-1. We'll play for Bronze tomorrow. Sucks to wake up and see that. Oh well. Subban pulled after letting 4 goals in on 16 shots. Jordan Binnington took over in net.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412698

Just watched the OT and the SO loss by the Russians. Well, at least the only Sen prospect is going for Gold.

Neither Canada nor Russia want the Bronze. That's going to be one boring game.

185 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Not sure why anyone really cares about this tournament...

NEELY, it's been two weeks of kids hyped up on sugar complaining about the gifts they *didn't* get, shoveling snow and frozen boulders of ice deposited by the plow at the end of my drive, inhumane temperatures in what is supposed to be Global Warming, and then having to return to work, all while thinking that in just a few short weeks I have to start doing my taxes. Again. Oh and nothing new on TV since last year.

And you wonder why anyone cares? We don't, not really, we just have nothing else to care about more.

186 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Over 6 mins to go.

Bobby Mac tweeted same, so it must be true.

187 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Over 6 mins to go.

I'll wait for the shabber to confirm.

188 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Not sure why anyone really cares about this tournament...

NEELY, it's been two weeks of kids hyped up on sugar complaining about the gifts they *didn't* get, shoveling snow and frozen boulders of ice deposited by the plow at the end of my drive, inhumane temperatures in what is supposed to be Global Warming, and then having to return to work, all while thinking that in just a few short weeks I have to start doing my taxes. Again. Oh and nothing new on TV since last year.

And you wonder why anyone cares? We don't, not really, we just have nothing else to care about more.

I meant in a general sense of people actually drawing some kind of conclusion on a player or a countries development program. People take this tournament as the bible in terms of kids that will make an impact in the NHL. More than 1/2 the kids in this tournament won't play a game in the NHL... the ones that do, the majority will have little to no impact in NHL.

There are obviously the can't miss prospects but people all the sudden questioning a guy like Yakupov are out to lunch. RNH wasn't anything special in this tourny but he's still a 60 point player in the NHL as a teen.

People praise the players who have good tournies and then when they blow up when they get a chance in the NHL say "what happened?"... nothing happened, he played 3 good games in the span of two weeks on a big stage. That's it.

Anyways, I have grown to hate this tourny.

189 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The only thing I care about is developping some winner attitude in our pipeline and Zibanejad got it last year, hopefully Wikstrand get it this year. Would have been fun seeing Noesen on the US team but out of all our prospects he already looks like a player in important games.

190 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I watched the Canada game in its entirety. The Americans outplayed us in every aspect. A couple of things that stood out for me:

- The American forwards played much better defence than ours. Their d-men were always open for shots, which is how they scored their first two goals.

- We were outcoached. Our team came out totally flat, whereas the Americans were razor-sharp from the get go. Steve Spott said that he didn't give any fiery pre-game speech, and that maybe that was a mistake. After a couple days off, that was absolutely a mistake. Plus, he never took his timeout. I was calling for it five minutes into the game when it was clear we were being outplayed. He certainly should have taken it after the second American goal, but he never did. Easy to second guess this, but it was pretty clear we need a boot to the Donkey early in the first period that we never got.

- I still think Monahan should've been on the team...he would've been a great third or fourth liner who can play a complete game, but that's just nit-picking at this point.

The Sweden/Russia game was very entertaining. Sweden was better overall, and came through in the end. Their goalie was money.

191 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Now all of the sudden Jones will be the #1 pick (which I don't disagree with btw) but everyone will jump on that. Gibson will be the best goaltending prospects in hockey, Droiun will be competing with McKennon (which won't happen), Yakupov might bust, Subban will be an awful goaltender in the NHL, etc, etc, etc.

The only thing that happened that was pretty predictable was Ryan Murphy blowing. I would say Ian White V.2 but I don't even think he hits that level in the NHL. Been overrated since Don Cherry said his name on HNIC.

Anyways, this tournament is about the last thing on earth anyone should use to form an opinion on a prospect/player because it tells people absolutely nothing.

192 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Over 6 mins to go.

Confirmed!

Sweden will play USA for GOLD. Russia will play Canada for BRONZE.

193 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Over 6 mins to go.

Confirmed!

Sweden will play USA for GOLD. Russia will play Canada for BRONZE.

Thanks for the update!!

194 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ahhhhh!

195 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote: Ahhhhh!

Speaking of which... time to dissolve Hockey Canada and appoint a blue-ribbon panel to chart the future course of hockey in Canada and create a successor organization to pick up where Hockey Canada left off up until this latest fiasco.

196 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote: Ahhhhh!

Speaking of which... time to dissolve Hockey Canada and appoint a blue-ribbon panel to chart the future course of hockey in Canada and create a successor organization to pick up where Hockey Canada left off up until this latest fiasco.

Don't dissolve. Just disclaim interest.

197 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, major over-reaction.
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/3/3831186/canada-vs-usa-angry-fans-world-junior-hockey-2013

And you can also tell that school is still not back in session.

198 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Now all of the sudden Jones will be the #1 pick (which I don't disagree with btw) but everyone will jump on that. Gibson will be the best goaltending prospects in hockey, Droiun will be competing with McKennon (which won't happen), Yakupov might bust, Subban will be an awful goaltender in the NHL, etc, etc, etc.

The only thing that happened that was pretty predictable was Ryan Murphy blowing. I would say Ian White V.2 but I don't even think he hits that level in the NHL. Been overrated since Don Cherry said his name on HNIC.

Anyways, this tournament is about the last thing on earth anyone should use to form an opinion on a prospect/player because it tells people absolutely nothing.

I couldn't care less about the wjc, but how could you not love Jones and Drouin?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum