GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Chicago @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Friday March 2, 2012

+8
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
Bramlet07
Cap'n Clutch
KidKarlsson
wprager
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I honestly believe that they are gonna bring Zibanejad over.

SteffeG says that even if they only play him in the post-season it will blow a year of his ELC.

Personally, I think they bring him over but have him sit in the suite upstairs, like they did with Cowen. I think this team may have it in them to win one round, but they are more than a19-year-old rookie away from being competitive. I doubt Zibanejad would be an upgrade over anyone currently in the lineup, playing the roles they are playing.

Is it worth blowing a year of his ELC? I don't think so. I don't even know if he makes the team next year with Silfverberg and Petersson pushing for spots, and guys like Condra and Greening with a full summer to rest and train.

Personally don't really care about the ELC. A guy like Silfverberg had his 1st year burned as well. So did Rundblad. And they didn't even play any games in the NHL.

I believe Zibanejad would be a big upgrade over guys like Condra and Greening. We need secondary scoring bad.

I agree, at least with this portion of your post. That's not to say I disagree with the rest, but I haven't really thought about the importance of MZ's ELC. That aside, it's great that Spezz, 9MM, EK, and His Alfieness are having good seasons, but the Sens starting to get exposed for their lack of secondary scoring. Something needs to be done. Of course, I don't necessarily mean that something needs to be done today, just at some point. All part of the plan, I guess (hope).

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Zibanejad plated 9 games in the top six and had one assist. What gives you the idea he'd be a "big upgrade"? Remember, he has not played several years of NA hockey like those guys you mentioned, and he's still filling out his frame. And it's not like he lit up the scoresheet while leading his team to a championship.

I think he got his audition, showed some good signs, but indications are that he needs time to adjust to the rink size, and the speed and physicality of the NA game.

It's been a long time since those 9 games. The difference in play between now and then may be substantial.

Your second point makes no sense to me. That's why he was sent to Europe. He needs to adjust to the game at some point - why not start right now when he is in game shape and ready for a challenge? His time in Europe is going to be over on Tuesday. He will have played 25 games or so this year - that's a low total and a waste of a year IMO. The right thing to do is bring him over here, either for Binghamton or for the big club. What's he going to do for 6 months? 6 months off is terrible IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Using ECL as an excuse, a reason, or w/e else is total BS.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Using ECL as an excuse, a reason, or w/e else is total BS.

are you saying that you would agree with me when I say burning the year is not a big deal (if he can help)?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

are you saying that you would agree with me when I say burning the year is not a big deal (if he can help)?

That was how I understood his comment, fwiw.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:

If he's good enough and ready to play, his ECL shouldn't matter, yes.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He's not good enough to make a difference IMHO, he was invisible in his 9 games here.

Stopped being impressive after the rookie tournament, except for that slapshot GWG on Rask.

There's guys in Bingo they should be calling up first, like they just did with Klinkhammer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:He's not good enough to make a difference IMHO, he was invisible in his 9 games here.

Stopped being impressive after the rookie tournament, except for that slapshot GWG on Rask.

There's guys in Bingo they should be calling up first, like they just did with Klinkhammer.

Anybody who says he won't make a difference doesn't really know for sure, just like I don't know if he will make a difference. Nobody has a clue how he would play if they called him "up" now.

He was "invisible" because everybody expects every rookie to come in and be a Jeff Skinner now. Also, he was pretty nervous given the fact that hey had to make a decision on him. If they called him back now, he would have no pressure at all and he would know where he stands.

Also, not sure if you realize that his 9 games were 4 months ago. Could mean a big difference in play. Just like any player who improves over the course of a year. Jim O'Brien looked like Dung in training camp as per MacLean, but now he`s on the team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum