GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Chicago @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Friday March 2, 2012

+8
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
Bramlet07
Cap'n Clutch
KidKarlsson
wprager
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

So does Butler, he'll be in the pressbox again soon.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and I hope Bishop starts Sunday (nothing to do with Lehner who has been great, just wanna see Bishop).

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Ugh terrible game, only Lehner showed up.

Exactly -- if not for Lehner the score would have been UGLY.

Chicago is still an elite team.. despite their struggles... Sens could not step up... looks like they did not come to play...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:oh and I hope they call up some new blood soon. Greening and Foligno are dogs

Dogs?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Our good friend Gilly got his first point as a Sen tonight. That's a thing that happened.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:oh and I hope they call up some new blood soon. Greening and Foligno are dogs

Dogs?

Dogs = bad

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Dogs?

Dogs = bad

Cat lover, eh?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Our good friend Gilly got his first point as a Sen tonight. That's a thing that happened.

Oh yeah, well Lee got two points and Minny won. That's another thing that happened.

P.S. No, I'm not saying we should have kept Lee, even if I don't completely understand the need for trading him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

Dogs?

Foligno has been brutal for over 2 months now, he's done Richard all. Greening, Smith, Condra, and Turris all have to start doing something because right now they are doing nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Dogs?

Foligno has been brutal for over 2 months now, he's done Richard all. Greening, Smith, Condra, and Turris all have to start doing something because right now they are doing nothing.

Spezza and Karlsson have been carrying this team for a while, along with goaltending. Last night Karlsson got shut out and Spezza had just the one assist. Lehner was not enough to overcome the fact that nobody else showed up. I don't blame Spezza and Karlsson because you just can't keep that pace up without breaks. The others have not been stepping up so I expect some changes.

Who can be brought up? Going by offensive stats alone (and tacking Locke out) you've got Klinkhammer with 35 points in 35 games in Bingo, then DaCosta (28 in 32, but I think he's injured), Petersson, Hoffman. DaCosta and Petersson have already played with Ottawa this season -- have they shown enough for a second look? Or do you want to see what Kilnkhammer and/or Hoffman can do? I suspect we'll see at least one call up soon, maybe as soon as Sunday against Florida.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Karlsson and Spezza have both been beasts basically the entire year... Alfi should get soem praise as well for putting up 20 plus goals again.

Either way, Foligno and Turris are the 2 guys that need to step up and do something. It's not like they see the teams best players or w/e else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I honestly believe that they are gonna bring Zibanejad over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I honestly believe that they are gonna bring Zibanejad over.

SteffeG says that even if they only play him in the post-season it will blow a year of his ELC.

Personally, I think they bring him over but have him sit in the suite upstairs, like they did with Cowen. I think this team may have it in them to win one round, but they are more than a19-year-old rookie away from being competitive. I doubt Zibanejad would be an upgrade over anyone currently in the lineup, playing the roles they are playing.

Is it worth blowing a year of his ELC? I don't think so. I don't even know if he makes the team next year with Silfverberg and Petersson pushing for spots, and guys like Condra and Greening with a full summer to rest and train.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

SteffeG says that even if they only play him in the post-season it will blow a year of his ELC.

Personally, I think they bring him over but have him sit in the suite upstairs, like they did with Cowen. I think this team may have it in them to win one round, but they are more than a19-year-old rookie away from being competitive. I doubt Zibanejad would be an upgrade over anyone currently in the lineup, playing the roles they are playing.

Is it worth blowing a year of his ELC? I don't think so. I don't even know if he makes the team next year with Silfverberg and Petersson pushing for spots, and guys like Condra and Greening with a full summer to rest and train.

Personally don't really care about the ELC. A guy like Silfverberg had his 1st year burned as well. So did Rundblad. And they didn't even play any games in the NHL.

I believe Zibanejad would be a big upgrade over guys like Condra and Greening. We need secondary scoring bad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zibanejad plated 9 games in the top six and had one assist. What gives you the idea he'd be a "big upgrade"? Remember, he has not played several years of NA hockey like those guys you mentioned, and he's still filling out his frame. And it's not like he lit up the scoresheet while leading his team to a championship.

I think he got his audition, showed some good signs, but indications are that he needs time to adjust to the rink size, and the speed and physicality of the NA game.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Personally don't really care about the ELC. A guy like Silfverberg had his 1st year burned as well. So did Rundblad. And they didn't even play any games in the NHL.

I believe Zibanejad would be a big upgrade over guys like Condra and Greening. We need secondary scoring bad.

I agree, at least with this portion of your post. That's not to say I disagree with the rest, but I haven't really thought about the importance of MZ's ELC. That aside, it's great that Spezz, 9MM, EK, and His Alfieness are having good seasons, but the Sens starting to get exposed for their lack of secondary scoring. Something needs to be done. Of course, I don't necessarily mean that something needs to be done today, just at some point. All part of the plan, I guess (hope).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Zibanejad plated 9 games in the top six and had one assist. What gives you the idea he'd be a "big upgrade"? Remember, he has not played several years of NA hockey like those guys you mentioned, and he's still filling out his frame. And it's not like he lit up the scoresheet while leading his team to a championship.

I think he got his audition, showed some good signs, but indications are that he needs time to adjust to the rink size, and the speed and physicality of the NA game.

It's been a long time since those 9 games. The difference in play between now and then may be substantial.

Your second point makes no sense to me. That's why he was sent to Europe. He needs to adjust to the game at some point - why not start right now when he is in game shape and ready for a challenge? His time in Europe is going to be over on Tuesday. He will have played 25 games or so this year - that's a low total and a waste of a year IMO. The right thing to do is bring him over here, either for Binghamton or for the big club. What's he going to do for 6 months? 6 months off is terrible IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Using ECL as an excuse, a reason, or w/e else is total BS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum