GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BlackBerry Bold - new user's thread (old geezers with advice welcomed)

+11
dennycrane
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:well guess i have to get an adapter then
Your carrier should be able to give you one for free. Tell them you have a micro sim from your old phone and that you need a regular SIM for your 9900. They'll just deactivate the old one and activate the new one for your phone number.

ah, ok. Also, data plan would work on any phone right?
No. For a BB, you'll need a BB/BIS data plan.

BB/BIS data plan works on any phone though. Not the other way around.

They should be able to switch that for you. I do believe the cost is the same.

Diddle, should have looked into this before purchasing.

So they dont care that you purchased the phone somewhere else? Probably a stupid question haha, but I've never had a phone that wasn't actually given to me by Rogers.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Is it unlocked? Just post the ebay page here if you're not sure.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

In order to add the phone to the Rogers network, it will have to be a Rogers branded phone, or one that has been unlocked. Do you know which carrier the phone came from?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah it is unlocked, I was just wondering if Rogers cares that you didn't buy the phone at Rogers. That sounds stupid though haha.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They'd be out of business fast if that was the case

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Yeah it is unlocked, I was just wondering if Rogers cares that you didn't buy the phone at Rogers. That sounds stupid though haha.
No, they don't care. If it's compatible with their network and it's unlocked, they can add it. They'll be more than happy to take your money and charge you monthly data/BIS/voice/text/vm charges...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so you're saying this BB data pan will be the exact same price as my current smartphone 500 mb plan?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:so you're saying this BB data pan will be the exact same price as my current smartphone 500 mb plan?
They usually price them the same I believe. You'll have to call them and ask though, I don't know what you're paying now or if you've negotiated any discounts etc... For BlackBerry's there is an additional BlackBerry "value pack" add-on for the BIS/BBM/PushEmail stuff. Not sure if they still have that or have collapsed it all into one thing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Turns out my current plan is good for Blackberry too, so I can just use the phone from Day 1 :D

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Z10 uses a micro-sim.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:Z10 uses a micro-sim.
Yep. The 9900 uses the regular SIM.

So when I get my Z10 on Tue, Rogers will give me a new LTE-enabled micro-SIM.

iPhone 5 uses a nano-SIM.

Madness!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Z10 uses a micro-sim.
Yep. The 9900 uses the regular SIM.

So when I get my Z10 on Tue, Rogers will give me a new LTE-enabled micro-SIM.

iPhone 5 uses a nano-SIM.

Madness!!!

They should go SIM-less. Just embed something in the tip of your index finger or, even better, just behind your ear.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Getcha popcorn ready....bb10 superbowl commercial tonight Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hopefully it's worth the money... Wink

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Hopefully it's worth the money... Wink

Probably not in the U.S. since it won't release there for another month (which btw is a carrier issue not a blackberry issue)

I'm hoping U.K. And Canada sales convince American carriers to get off their asses and finish lab testing

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, that is odd. Carriers have had the phone for quite some time. Not sure why such a delay. US customers are pissed. This add may actually make them more angry! Hopefully they inundate the carriers with calls.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Apple probably paid those bunghole I wouldn't be surprised. Are we supposed to believe it is a coincidence ALL the american carriers are late on this?

f USA

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Americans are conditioned for iphones. It's not even funny.

I like the z10. The keyboard feels surprisingly good but it's not as simple to use as other phones (learning curve). Ultimately blackberry fans will be stoked for the upgrade but I can't see apple or android users jumping ship. In fact no one should have expected that at all, this is the first generation of the new os, it can't leap over everyone at once.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum