GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHL Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the three leagues

+10
rooneypoo
spader
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
Riprock
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

John McFarland, once highly touted player, some thought he could go 1st overall once. Ended up second round to Florida. He plays like a beast some nights, other nights you don't notice him. Plays when he wants to basically.

Is there confirmation of this trade?

David Perklin was their first round pick this past year. power forward type I believe. Had no points this year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Ottawa apparently acquired John MacFarland.

SpezDispenser wrote:For David Perklin (sp) I think. Perhaps there's more.

Who and who? Eyebrow

Nice addition for OTT, he's close to a PPG, should help.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:John McFarland, once highly touted player, some thought he could go 1st overall once. Ended up second round to Florida. He plays like a beast some nights, other nights you don't notice him. Plays when he wants to basically.

David Perklin was their first round pick this past year. power forward type I believe. Had no points this year.
TipHat

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:John McFarland, once highly touted player, some thought he could go 1st overall once. Ended up second round to Florida. He plays like a beast some nights, other nights you don't notice him. Plays when he wants to basically.

Nothing official yet, soon I think.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

McFarland was a guy, I believe, many around here were hoping that we would pick up in the 2nd round in 2009, when we drafted Silfverberg and Lehner. I know nothing about him, but I think I remember N4L hoping that we'd pick him that weekend. No idea what he's done since, tho'.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:McFarland was a guy, I believe, many around here were hoping that we would pick up in the 2nd round in 2009, when we drafted Silfverberg and Lehner. I know nothing about him, but I think I remember N4L hoping that we'd pick him that weekend. No idea what he's done since, tho'.

It was actually the 2010 draft, when we traded our pick. I remember that as well, though. I think he was just saying he seemed like a guy they would pick, not sure he was actually hoping they would pick him. He was a faller in the rankings and a big centreman. Seemed like a Murray pick.

He hasn't done a ton since then. Respectable numbers but too inconsistent. Hopefully he can be "on" when/if he gets to Ottawa.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

This guy is a bit of a 67's killer.

If he ups his consistency it could turn out to be a very nice pickup (as scoring depth was probably the teams biggest need).

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:McFarland was a guy, I believe, many around here were hoping that we would pick up in the 2nd round in 2009, when we drafted Silfverberg and Lehner. I know nothing about him, but I think I remember N4L hoping that we'd pick him that weekend. No idea what he's done since, tho'.

It was actually the 2010 draft, when we traded our pick. I remember that as well, though. I think he was just saying he seemed like a guy they would pick, not sure he was actually hoping they would pick him. He was a faller in the rankings and a big centreman. Seemed like a Murray pick.

He hasn't done a ton since then. Respectable numbers but too inconsistent. Hopefully he can be "on" when/if he gets to Ottawa.

I stand corrected. Nod

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Leafs 2011 draft pick, Greg McKegg,and Brett Cook and Tyson Teichmann were traded to London, from Eerie, for Troy Donnay, Dane Fox, Sudbury's 2nd rnd pick in the OHL's 2012 draft and London's 2nd rnd pick in 2016.

Mississauga traded Joseph Cramarossa to Belleville for Kitcheners 2nd rnd pick in 2012 and Plymouth's 2nd rnd pick in 2013.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Official: MacFarland to the 67s for Perklin + a 4th.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:

Thought he was a Murray type player and the fact I didn't think they would go out and trade the 1st. Buuuut it's basically turned into Turris so w/e.

As for the 67's... that's a great pickup!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, MacFarland may never be an NHLer, but as far as OHL goes, he's pretty good. It's like a team that would have got Schremp in the OHL for a playoff run. Guy was a force in the OHL for London, but where is he now?

That's one of the things about the CHL - teams have a hard time remaining competitive, with few exceptions. You keep good players for a couple years, then you look to trade them for picks, and rebuild. It's like 3-4 year cycles of rebuilding.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Yup, MacFarland may never be an NHLer, but as far as OHL goes, he's pretty good. It's like a team that would have got Schremp in the OHL for a playoff run. Guy was a force in the OHL for London, but where is he now?

That's one of the things about the CHL - teams have a hard time remaining competitive, with few exceptions. You keep good players for a couple years, then you look to trade them for picks, and rebuild. It's like 3-4 year cycles of rebuilding.

67s have a real gift for finding guys that work well in the OHL and are probably not NHL material.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Unless you are being facetious, while it is normal for many CHLers to not go beyond the CHL, Ottawa's one team that has produced quite a few.

Peterborough Petes' boast producing the most NHLers.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Unless you are being facetious, while it is normal for many CHLers to not go beyond the CHL, Ottawa's one team that has produced quite a few.

Peterborough Petes' boast producing the most NHLers.

No it's true. 67s are notorious for finding guys that are OHL titans and pro hockey failures.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know of any in particular.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Petes' forward Austin Watson doesn't appear to be returning to Peterborough after the WJ's finished. He's asked for a trade.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

As per BigEv, J-G Pageau traded from Gatineau to Chicoutimi;

Gormley traded from Moncton to Shawinigan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum