GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, October 15, 2011

+18
Vandelay
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
The Silfer Server
sens4win
garblar
Hoags
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
shabbs
NEELY
Flo The Action
spader
cash
wprager
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Tankers don't get decided this early in the season.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:In other news - on topic though - Nail Yakupov is destroying it.

You can forget about Yakupov. Ottawa isn't finishing last.

Who is then? And don't say the Jets, they'll come around.

Why is it that they can come around but Ottawa can't? The Jets look like Dung in every game.

Nice to see you have faith in your team. The tankers are already out.

Columbus is also Dung.

Just being realistic. I like the youth on this team a lot - and I just got finished listing all the guys who were good in this game, but it doesn't change that I think we'll be a lottery team. I dunno, maybe my eyes are open this year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Watched the Jets game, no chance Ottawa finishes below them. They are AWFUL.

They led the Southeast for stretches last year, I'd be really surprised if they didn't get it together a bit more.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

God...as if someone thinks I'm on the 'tank' train. Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:God...as if someone thinks I'm on the 'tank' train. Facepalm

Quote: Hopefully the dinks in Winnipeg start winning once in a while so we can have him.

Sounds like tanking to me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Best game defensively for the sens. I think it's becoming apparent that zibanejad has to head back to djurgarden. Let him get his confidence back there.

Especially from the 2nd onward. They played with 5D and a few times Karlsson was on with Rundblad. Rundblad was fine with the exception of that one shift where he looked like he was trying to give it away. He's showing great flashes but needs a bit more seasoning.

Cowen had a solid game, too.

I wonder if Gonchar is out for a while. They seemed to play better without him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:God...as if someone thinks I'm on the 'tank' train. Facepalm

Quote: Hopefully the dinks in Winnipeg start winning once in a while so we can have him.

Again, my eyes are wide open this year. I'll always cheer for my team, but if we're going to lose, then I want to get Yakupov. I certainly don't want the Thrashers to get this pick.

Long year to go, I understand that, but the context of what I'm saying is simple: if we're going to lose, I want the 1st overall this time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Best game defensively for the sens. I think it's becoming apparent that zibanejad has to head back to djurgarden. Let him get his confidence back there.

Especially from the 2nd onward. They played with 5D and a few times Karlsson was on with Rundblad. Rundblad was fine with the exception of that one shift where he looked like he was trying to give it away. He's showing great flashes but needs a bit more seasoning.

Cowen had a solid game, too.

I wonder if Gonchar is out for a while. They seemed to play better without him.

I'm waiting to hear about Gonchar too...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bruised foot. Probably day-to-day.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He should take his time. #notafan

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen's another guy I thought had a much better game. Not quite in pre-season form yet (?), but a lot more solid.

I find he's completely stopped taking any offensive chances though.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think the defense got better or worse, the difference between today and thursday is just that Colorado skates faster and forechecks harder than Washington.
We had a lot of time setting up the transition from the back end I find.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's true too, the Caps aren't forecheckers the way the Avs are at all.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Dash wrote:Remember, Phillips is the guy that said in an interview he openly challenges players coming into the team to take his spot. I don't think he has earned his spot, so why is a guy with that attitude still playing? (Not that he is 100% the problem, but still)

And Gonchar = Kovalev on Defence.

Well that's all that matters.

Funny, I didn't know your opinion was the only one that mattered.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Again, my eyes are wide open this year. I'll always cheer for my team, but if we're going to lose, then I want to get Yakupov. I certainly don't want the Thrashers to get this pick.

Long year to go, I understand that, but the context of what I'm saying is simple: if we're going to lose, I want the 1st overall this time.

Exactly, I don't get how someone can say a person is not a fan because they want their team to get the best possible pick if winning a cup is not an option. That's like saying Pittsburgh would have been better off without all of Malkin, Staal, Fluery and Crosby.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Cowen's another guy I thought had a much better game. Not quite in pre-season form yet (?), but a lot more solid.

I find he's completely stopped taking any offensive chances though.
[b]

Gotta stop saying that. Pre-season is not NHL hockey.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Dash wrote:Remember, Phillips is the guy that said in an interview he openly challenges players coming into the team to take his spot. I don't think he has earned his spot, so why is a guy with that attitude still playing? (Not that he is 100% the problem, but still)

And Gonchar = Kovalev on Defence.

Well that's all that matters.

Funny, I didn't know your opinion was the only one that mattered.

It's not but to suggest Phillips hasn;t "earned" his spot is BS. Who deserves to be in over him? Didn't know the fans opinion matters on who the coach feels does or doesn't deserve a spot.

you see what? Phillips on the ice for an hour each week? The coach sees him on the ice for 7-10 hours each week and off the ice for abotu the same amount of time. Funny how you can pass judgement based on that eh. Good to know.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well then the same goes for you and your constant negative criticisms and judgment of Spezza.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum