GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Build your all prospect team for Ottawa

+2
wprager
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Puempel - Zibanejad - Noesen
Filatov - Da Costa - Silfverberg
Butler - Prince - - Stone
Petersson - Grant - O'Brien/Hoffman

Rundblad - Cowen
Wiercioch - Boroweicki
Gryba - Wideman

Lehner

David Rundblad D
Jared Cowen D
Robin Lehner G
Mika Zibanejad C
Nikita Filatov
Jakob Silfverberg LW
Bobby Butler RW
Matthew Puempel LW
Stefan Noesen RW
Patrick Wiercioch D
Stephane Da Costa C
Shane Prince LW
Andre Petersson LW
Mark Borowiecki D
Mark Stone RW
Mike Hoffman C
Eric Gryba D
Jim O'Brien C
Derek Grant C

Didn't use:
Marcus Sorensen RW
Jean-Gabriel Pageau C
Louie Caporusso C
Ben Blood D
Kaspars Daugavins LW
Fredrik Claesson D
Chris Wideman D
Jakub Culek C
Wacey Hamilton C
David Dziurzynski LW
Pat Cannone C
Corey Cowick LW
Jeff Costello LW
Darren Kramer LW
Bryce Aneloski D
Craig Schira D
Ryan Dzingel C
Michael Sdao D

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Puempel and Noeson above Filatov and Silfverberg?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Puempel and Noeson above Filatov and Silfverberg?

I'll admit to knowing next to nothing about Filatov. I didn't even want to put him in there (nor did I want to put Butler really). As for the lines, the fan in me loves Puempel - or the thought of him anyway, a pure sniper who knows how to score.

I would put Silfverberg above anyone in there, so that was a mistake. I meant to have him with Z-Bad anyway.

EDIT:
I put Noesen there to Diddle some Dung up with Z-Bad now that I think about it. Both really physical, quasi power forwards.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think it's safe to assume that Butler and Filatov will be in Ottawa this season. If Filatov doesn't pan out he probably doesn't get re-signed and ends up in the KHL. If Butler doesn't work out then he'll be quickly passed on the depth chart by the likes of Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Petersson and the lottery pick we would most surely get if neither Filatov nor Butler have a good season.

Maybe that sounds harsh but I think it's pretty accurate. No matter which, it's probably safer *not* to include them on an "all prospect" team. They are both sophomores, already (Filatov is technically on the last year of his ELC but based on number of games played he may as well be a sophomore.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Can you swap Butler and Noesen? I don't know if Noesen can play the left side, but Butler is a RW (yes?) and I think he'd be better used on that top line.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Might i ask why Pageau isn't in the lineup? Is he not playing for Bingo this season?...

If so he would be my 3rd line C...not sure if Prince could play wing but that would be a fun line as well...small but fun and fast

Stone - Pageau - Prince

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

spader wrote:Can you swap Butler and Noesen? I don't know if Noesen can play the left side, but Butler is a RW (yes?) and I think he'd be better used on that top line.

Agreed, it would be an absolute waste to not have Butler on line 1 'if' he ends up in Bingo, which he won't. Also, he signed a 1 way deal did he not?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

...okay, i misread the thread, this is just to build a prospect team, not the bingo lineup... Facepalm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

In that case, since I just had a major brainfart - here's mine; I will not add Butler there...I should but I won't, i think he's too old to be put there now

Puempel - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Filatov - Da Costa - Noesen
Hoffman - Prince - Stone
Petersson - Caporusso - O'Brien
Pageau (i'm very intrigued by this kid...he's my 'extra' guy if i can have one... Smile )

I should probably know more about this guy (Grant) but I don't know enough to put him on my list...anything I should know about him?

Rundblad - Cowen
Wiercioch - Boroweicki
Gryba - Wideman

Lehner

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Damn, look at that top line...that could be our top line of the 'near' future.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Damn, look at that top line...that could be our top line of the 'near' future.

Yeah, that line has some serious potential.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Matt Puempel - Mika Zibanejad - Stephan Noesen
Andre Petersson - Stephane DaCosta - Jakob Silfverberg
Mark Stone - Derek Grant - Shane Prince
Jim O'Brien - Jakub Culek - Markus Sorensen
Louie Caporusso

Jared Cowen - David Rundblad
Patrick Wiercioch - Erik Gryba
Mark Borowiecki - Ben Blood
Chris Wideman

Robin Lehner

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bump

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

can i ask what is the point of this

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:can i ask what is the point of this

What do you mean what's the point? Everyone presumably has different views on what an 'all prospect team' would consist of...uh...that's it. That's what the point is, I don't know what else to say. Mind you, the Rookie Tournament thread might be a better thread to use frankly. It's here:

http://www.gmhockey.com/t5473-2011-rookie-tournament-in-oshawa#253377

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum