GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Mike McKenna to backup Lehner

+7
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sens sign Mike McKenna to backup Lehner Empty Sens sign Mike McKenna to backup Lehner Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=62954

Great stats in the AHL 2 years ago, he'll be fine to backup Lehner. Strike another one off the list of 'things to do'.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Like both the Parrish signing and this one. Bingo has a ton of expereince and leadership down there again and they will stay competitive while being the defending champs.

McKenna will absolutely push Lehner for starts and that is exactly what you want.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, both no risk signings, smart, veteran players who'll know their roles. Parrish might really get a chance if he lines up next to Locke - he might even sniff a game or two in the NHL. The Murrays are fantastic, I'm SO pleased we kept them.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice another Sens tweeter

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

What about Brust? The fans in Bingo really loved this guy.

Did he not want to play second fiddle to Lehner?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

bye bye brust?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:What about Brust? The fans in Bingo really loved this guy.

Did he not want to play second fiddle to Lehner?
I would suspect so...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good insurance in case Lehner goes into a sophomore slump.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Better to get Brust out of there because people in Bingo would support and call for him the second Lehner has a rough game, they need to behind Lehner 100%.

McKenna ensures that and he's also a guy that can back up in The NHL in a pinch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Where are we now in Bingo at this point?...

Forwards:
Daugavins not signed - Locke - Parrish
Hoffman - Da Costa - Caporusso (I realize he's a C, but I'm not sure where KK will put him)
O'Brien - Grant - Cannonne
Hamilton - Dziurzynski - Petersson not saying he'll be a 4th liner, just not sure where he's going in the lineup
Cowick

Defence:
Kinrade not signed- Schira
Wiercioch - Gryba
Borowiecki - perhaps one of the guys we tried out like Raymond or Sloane?

Goal:
Lehner
McKinna

So we need 1 more D-man for depth - a guy like Hale would be nice, a 'ringer' if you will. That's basically it - and despite losing Benoit, Keller, Wick etc., this is still a damn good lineup. Plus, we don't know for SURE about Benoit yet, or D.Smith for that matter, so perhaps we'll still get to keep one of those guys.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Better to get Brust out of there because people in Bingo would support and call for him the second Lehner has a rough game, they need to behind Lehner 100%.

McKenna ensures that and he's also a guy that can back up in The NHL in a pinch.

I think it's more like Brust wants an AHL starting job. The Murrays couldn't possibly care less if the fans grumble after Lehner winning AHL MVP - I could be wrong, but if I were them, I wouldn't worry about the fans down there at all. They're all still smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

The way things stack up right now, one of Cowen or Rundblad is likely to start in Bingo.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da lil Guy wrote:The way things stack up right now, one of Cowen or Rundblad is likely to start in Bingo.

We'll see but you are probably right. A lot can happen in 2 months to be sure and you would have to think there will be a body moving. The right side in Ottawa is very crowded though.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Probably Rundblad so he can work on his defensive and overall game in NA.

I'm not sure there's anything in the AHL for Cowen to prove.

We could use a big, physical D-man up with the big club.

Rundblad is Karlsson 2.0 (hopefully).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Probably Rundblad so he can work on his defensive and overall game in NA.

I'm not sure there's anything in the AHL for Cowen to prove.

We could use a big, physical D-man up with the big club.

Rundblad is Karlsson 2.0 (hopefully).

I think they'll make room for Rundblad in the NHL, but I feel the same way. I think there's a lot for him to benefit from playing 10-20 games in the AHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum