GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+27
ddt
garblar
cash
Hobiesens
asq2
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Flo The Action
The Silfer Server
22_4_ever
LeCaptain
NEELY
SensHulk
Hayden
TheAvatar
tim1_2
sandysensfan
Riprock
rooneypoo
spader
Hoags
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Ev
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
Unrelated question. How did Erixson get traded to NYR? Doesn't the trade window open after the SCF?

I answered the PM as saying the trade freeze ends after the regular season ends - just that any players moved can't be used in the playoffs, but I'll put it here so someone can verify that.

This is how I understand it, too.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
Unrelated question. How did Erixson get traded to NYR? Doesn't the trade window open after the SCF?

I answered the PM as saying the trade freeze ends after the regular season ends - just that any players moved can't be used in the playoffs, but I'll put it here so someone can verify that.

This is how I understand it, too.

Thanks for the info, folks. That makes much more sense.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a shame: Bobby Mac says that Dallas won't be tendering a contract offer to Brad Richards. He'd have to waive his NMC for Dallas to trade his rights.

Cue the Rangers...again?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:What a shame: Bobby Mac says that Dallas won't be tendering a contract offer to Brad Richards. He'd have to waive his NMC for Dallas to trade his rights.

Cue the Rangers...again?

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 Sather11

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:What a shame: Bobby Mac says that Dallas won't be tendering a contract offer to Brad Richards. He'd have to waive his NMC for Dallas to trade his rights.

Cue the Rangers...again?

I don't normally think players owe it to their team to waive their NMC, but this is an exception. I hope he gives them an opportunity to get what they can for negotiating rights.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Cue the Rangers...again?

I don't normally think players owe it to their team to waive their NMC, but this is an exception. I hope he gives them an opportunity to get what they can for negotiating rights.

All he'll give them is a nice warm glass of shut the hell up.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 Bensti10

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Cue the Rangers...again?

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 Sather11

Whats up with him and the cigar?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Cue the Rangers...again?

When he gets off the phone you can call and ask.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

Well he's clearly smoking something when he makes contract offers (see: Redden)

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Dallas and Stars fans get screwed. Richards' injury prevented a trade pretty much and now he will walk for nothing (not his fault though).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man oh man... that is crazy... free agent frenzy over Richards.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

You should read some of the comments from the Leaf fans on other sites re: Richards.

As far as they are concerned... he will definitely be a Leaf.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:You should read some of the comments from the Leaf fans on other sites re: Richards.

As far as they are concerned... he will definitely be a Leaf.

Ha. He very well could end up in Toronto, but Leaf fans aren't exactly known for having both feet on the ground when it comes to speculating about the team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
All he'll give them is a nice warm glass of shut the hell up.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 Bensti10

Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I could see him signing a 5 year, 5.5 million deal to be 2nd line C in Detroit. Heck, they lose the Rafalski contract, Kronwall's ready anyway, fill in the gaps a bit and Detroit's literally locked and loaded for a long, long time.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Richards? In Detroit? For $5.5M? It's been said he could get $7-8M easily.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Richards? In Detroit? For $5.5M? It's been said he could get $7-8M easily.

Yeah he can get 7, I guess it depends on what he wants to do. If he signs a 6 year contract, that's a lot of money he'd leave on the table - unless it's a Canadian city where that extra is eaten up in tax I believe. So he can go to the Rangers for 7 or to Detroit for 6, does he take the extra money and the great city or does he take the less amount to be on what would be a tremendous opportunity to compete for the Cup for a long time?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Richards? In Detroit? For $5.5M? It's been said he could get $7-8M easily.

Yeah he can get 7, I guess it depends on what he wants to do. If he signs a 6 year contract, that's a lot of money he'd leave on the table - unless it's a Canadian city where that extra is eaten up in tax I believe. So he can go to the Rangers for 7 or to Detroit for 6, does he take the extra money and the great city or does he take the less amount to be on what would be a tremendous opportunity to compete for the Cup for a long time?

The problem with Detroit is that they have some holes in their lineup that need filling, besides a 2nd line C. Rafalski is gone, and Lidstrom will retire or come back...coming back would likely cost Detroit $5-$6M. If he retires, Detroit has big gaping holes on their blue-line that need filling (they only have 3 D on contract for next year). Kronwall becomes a FA after next year, and will get a raise over his $3M.

The good news for DET is that their top forwards are all already signed through next year. They need to sign about 8 guys for next year, with projected cap space at $18.5M. That equals about $2.3M per player. If you figure that their Rafalski/Lidstrom replacements will eat up, let's say, $8M, that leaves $10.5M for 6 guys, or $1.75M per player. That doesn't leave a lot of room for a Richards signing at $5-6Mish.

I don't think Detroit is prepared to make that kind of splash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum