GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pharos PTL600E smartphone (unlocked GSM) -- worth it at $100?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dell.ca has a deal on the above-mentioned phone -- regular price is $450, on sale (until tomorrow) for $100. My wife has an pay-as-you-go phone from Petrocan Mobility (Rogers network) but it's low on bells and whistles. This one has bluetooth, so she could pair it with her GPS for hands free in the car. It's got way more that she'll probably never use without a data plan, and I'm sure there are unlocked GSM phones with bluetooth I can find for less than $100.

Still, I am a sales-whore and this one caught my eye.

It's got GPS built in but the reviewer was knocking it because it didn't have navigation s/w -- that could be downloaded, right? It's got wifi so I could set it up for e-mail and browsing at least at home or in wifi hotspots. Plus it's got Windows mobile with pocket versions of Office apps, 2MP camera and FM tuner.

Hmm, maybe I should get it for myself and give my wife my President's Choice LG-Rumor 2.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'll be honest, I had never heard of "Pharos" until this post...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the phuck is a Pharos?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

They're the kings of old egypt. Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Established in March, 1998, Pharos Science and Applications, Inc. is a high-tech company that has successfully developed, and launched into retail distribution, the premium street navigation and routing solution for Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs).

They are moving into smartphones, now.

The name of the company comes from the Pharos Lighthouse -- the Seventh Wonder of the World. Their aim is to be the "Lighthouse of the 21st Century."

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:What the phuck is a Pharos?
Bryan Murray trying to say Parros?

Hey-O!!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is it a genuine "Pharos" or just a knock off?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum