GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Craig Anderson's cool new mask

+17
rooneypoo
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
Riprock
22_4_ever
Hoags
tim1_2
SensHulk
LethalLehner
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
spader
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

196Craig Anderson's cool new mask - Page 14 Empty Re: Craig Anderson's cool new mask Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:It's right here and he's wearing it tonight. Same design, new logo:

Really good call on the logo Big Ev. You were really banging the drum on that one and the Sens organization obviously agreed.

197Craig Anderson's cool new mask - Page 14 Empty Re: Craig Anderson's cool new mask Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I'm nervous about TB as well.

They absolutely must resign him, and they shouldn't be too picky on the amount or the term. This team isn't going to get anywhere without reliable goaltending (we've seen that over the years).

I mean would we really be in a terrible spot with a Thomas/Rask or Luongo/Schneider type situation here with Anderson/Lehner down the road?

Not that I am comparing Anderson to those 2 but as a fan I've finally had it with the team betting an entire season on an unproven goalie, especially with no goalie prospects who can be ready in the short term. Look at the Caps, they've brought up Varly, Neuvirth and Holtby within the last few years.

198Craig Anderson's cool new mask - Page 14 Empty Re: Craig Anderson's cool new mask Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I'm nervous about TB as well.

They absolutely must resign him, and they shouldn't be too picky on the amount or the term. This team isn't going to get anywhere without reliable goaltending (we've seen that over the years).

I mean would we really be in a terrible spot with a Thomas/Rask or Luongo/Schneider type situation here with Anderson/Lehner down the road?

Not that I am comparing Anderson to those 2 but as a fan I've finally had it with the team betting an entire season on an unproven goalie, especially with no goalie prospects who can be ready in the short term. Look at the Caps, they've brought up Varly, Neuvirth and Holtby within the last few years.

Yup. Sign him ASAP for whatever he wants basically.

199Craig Anderson's cool new mask - Page 14 Empty Re: Craig Anderson's cool new mask Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:

It's all gonna come down to Anderson - does he want to stay here for a couple of fairly lean years, or does he want to try to win a Cup with Tampa Bay or a similar team who's further down the road.

200Craig Anderson's cool new mask - Page 14 Empty Re: Craig Anderson's cool new mask Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If they don't sign Anderson, I agree, it's because Anderson didn't want to sign. You can have the lowest opinion possible on Murray or whoever, there is no way he would let Anderson walk without exhausting every single option.

201Craig Anderson's cool new mask - Page 14 Empty Re: Craig Anderson's cool new mask Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Yup. Sign him ASAP for whatever he wants basically.

Well within reason (ie. no diPietro type contracts). Make sure we're not cornered with a full NMC for the length of the contract and sign a good backup(eventually Lehner).

The good teams protect themselves from a struggling #1 goalie by having a quality backup/prospect ready to step in. Rask covered for Boston when Thomas had an off year and this year he is back in top form. We should do the same.

NEELY wrote:If they don't sign Anderson, I agree, it's because Anderson didn't want to sign.

Absolutely. I don't think he will decide until the season is done.

I get the feeling he considers himself a #1 goalie, wants to be an important part of a team and wants something more than a stopgap 2 year deal and feels he has earned it.

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

202Craig Anderson's cool new mask - Page 14 Empty Re: Craig Anderson's cool new mask Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:28 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. Either way like SD said, if they don't sign Anderson it's because Anderson didn't want to sign in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum