GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Genius

+7
The Silfer Server
Ev
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
wprager
rooneypoo
Oglethorpe
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:06 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oh, calm down. If you can't take it then stop dishing it out.

Now, back on topic. What's Brian's next move? Talk is he's shopping Kessel. I almost don't see how he can though, because unless he gets back two lottery picks for him (and he won't) this is what he will be remembered for. Oh, and hiring the coach almost unanimously hated by *all* NHL players.

I honestly don't see a way out for him.

32The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:09 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:The greatest communicators are the ones who tailor their message to their audience. And then there are those who blame the receiving receptacle.

Is it possible to have a sending receptacle?

LOL, no, you're right on that one. Receptacles receive, by definition. Ooops. I was trying to find a way to say it's a problem on your end, not mine, without resorting to any name-calling.

The only name-calling that interests me is calling Brian Burke "Brian Jurke". And or, Ron Wilson "Napoleron" or "Napoleon Ronaparte."

more to come

LOL @ "Ronaparte." He does have a rather dictatorial personality. I wonder how much longer he lasts there -- strikes me as a bad fit to have a bad team and a general for a coach. Can't squeeze any more juice out of that sorry lemon, Ronny!

33The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Oh, calm down. If you can't take it then stop dishing it out.

Now, back on topic. What's Brian's next move? Talk is he's shopping Kessel. I almost don't see how he can though, because unless he gets back two lottery picks for him (and he won't) this is what he will be remembered for. Oh, and hiring the coach almost unanimously hated by *all* NHL players.

Dude, respectfully, go Diddle yourself. My whole point is that I'm NOT dishing it out, but you keep dishing it out at me anyway. Point to an instance of all this unprovoked personal ripping I do. Dig up a post. Show me. You keep talking about it, but the evidence remains elusive.

Now, back to considering the sublime & ridiculous that is Napoleon "Ronaparte"...

34The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Dude, respectfully, go Diddle yourself. My whole point is that I'm NOT dishing it out, but you keep dishing it out at me anyway. Point to an instance of all this unprovoked personal ripping I do. Dig up a post. Show me. You keep talking about it, but the evidence remains elusive.

Now, back to considering the sublime & ridiculous that is Napoleon "Ronaparte"...

He's quite a character.

Will be fun watching the game tonight because they like to cut to Jurke's every reaction to goals, hits, penalty calls...

35The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Doctor Cooper. Doctor Hofstadter. Doctor Koothrappali. Mister Wolowitz.

36The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Big Ev wrote:Doctor Cooper. Doctor Hofstadter. Doctor Koothrappali. Mister Wolowitz.

Man...I love that show.

37The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:The greatest communicators are the ones who tailor their message to their audience. And then there are those who blame the receiving receptacle.

Is it possible to have a sending receptacle?

Yes, that is called a sendeptacle

38The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

DirtyDave wrote:That was an attempt by me (I guess an ineffective one) to make fun of myself actually.

In your defense, that's how I read it too. Think he's just on the defensive with the discussion he is having with Prags. And actually, with the beginning I thought he was just joking too. Then later i thought he had misquoted you and intended to answer Prags instead. Either way, I think it was a mistake.

39The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:33 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The Genius - Page 3 Mikey-eatin-popcorn-1-michael-jackson-18094827-400-298

40The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:57 pm

marakh wrote:The Genius - Page 3 Mikey-eatin-popcorn-1-michael-jackson-18094827-400-298

That guy behind Michael is really gettin' down. Laugh1

41The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The Genius - Page 3 270956 (that's some kind of fluff)

42The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:18 pm

marakh wrote:The Genius - Page 3 270956 (that's some kind of fluff)

Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Besides, I am nearly at 4000!

43The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:19 pm

hemlock wrote:

I am now!

44The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

If you didn't erase your last account, wouldn`t you be around 10,000 now?

45The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:47 pm

marakh wrote:
hemlock wrote:

If you didn't erase your last account, wouldn`t you be around 10,000 now?

Around 8000 I reckon.

46The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

Unneccesary dig at rooneypoo #2. I am officially keeping track now.

Get over your Cussing self.

You're entitled to your opinion; I'm entitled to mine. Have a nice day.

47The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:

I can point to your posts in this thread, but I cannot make you understand my take on it, so why bother? You come across with arrogance and an air of superiority ("Bet I'm the only real doctor here"). You constantly push your PhD in people's faces. Not cool. You used to contribute in a very meaningful way to this board without all that other stuff.

48The Genius - Page 3 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:21 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I can point to your posts in this thread, but I cannot make you understand my take on it, so why bother? You come across with arrogance and an air of superiority ("Bet I'm the only real doctor here"). You constantly push your PhD in people's faces. Not cool. You used to contribute in a very meaningful way to this board without all that other stuff.

You need psychiatric help to work out those demons, dude; getting molested by one of your profs all those years ago, or whatever it is that happened to you that makes you think up this stuff, has left deep scars.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum