GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Genius

+7
The Silfer Server
Ev
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
wprager
rooneypoo
Oglethorpe
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:45 am

rooneypoo wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:Weird. I thought this was going to be about Dr. Poo

LOL. Bet I'm the only real doctor on this site! The Genius - Page 2 270956

Proctologist, right?

Literature, actually, although I confess to being a devoted aficionado when it comes to the appreciation of that general part of the female body. So, yes, I'm an amateur proctologist in that very circumscribed, bastardized sense of the word.

Otherwise, I'm by training a professional buzz saw when it comes to dissecting bad logic, bad arguments, & bad writing. Comes in handy here.

I appreciate all your innuendos above, however, & shall make note of them for future reference.

The Genius - Page 2 822944

I see what you did there you compared yourself to a medical doctor... very well done.. PHD in English.. no one I don't understand what you are writting half the time. Still working on writing down to your audiences level? The Genius - Page 2 54934

17The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:46 am

wprager wrote:A real doctor cuts people to make them better. You cut into people to make yourself feel better.

He never said he was a Medical Doctor. you can dislike Poo but not for that.

18The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:53 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

LOL. Bet I'm the only real doctor on this site! Laugh1

Are you sure?

19The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DirtyDave wrote:
wprager wrote:A real doctor cuts people to make them better. You cut into people to make yourself feel better.

I made a joke. True, I used sarcasm, but that part of it was true -- he *does* cut people down and the only reason I can think of why, is that it make him feel superior.

Why one earth would someone say "Bet I'm the only real doctor on this site!"?

20The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:

Laugh1

21The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

LOL. Bet I'm the only real doctor on this site! The Genius - Page 2 270956

Proctologist, right?

Literature, actually, although I confess to being a devoted aficionado when it comes to the appreciation of that general part of the female body. So, yes, I'm an amateur proctologist in that very circumscribed, bastardized sense of the word.

Otherwise, I'm by training a professional buzz saw when it comes to dissecting bad logic, bad arguments, & bad writing. Comes in handy here.

I appreciate all your innuendos above, however, & shall make note of them for future reference.

The Genius - Page 2 822944

I see what you did there you compared yourself to a medical doctor... very well done.. PHD in English.. no one I don't understand what you are writting half the time. Still working on writing down to your audiences level? The Genius - Page 2 54934

Uh, you realize that when you get a PhD, you get to put those letters, "Dr.", in front of your name, right?

As for not understanding what I'm writing, I'd say the problem lies in the receiving receptacle. But I'll leave it at that and say,

Hey, if you have a beef with me, fine, I don't care, I don't know you from Adam & I haven't done anything to you (or if I have, I'm not aware of it, which means you misunderstood something or blew it out of proportion, but I'll apologize anyway). PM me or ignore me, I don't care, but leave it off the board.

22The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

WTF is going on here? I thought Brian Jurke was The Genius?!?!?

Vertigo

23The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

I made a joke. True, I used sarcasm, but that part of it was true -- he *does* cut people down and the only reason I can think of why, is that it make him feel superior.

Why one earth would someone say "Bet I'm the only real doctor on this site!"?

Self-depreciation, with the understanding, of course, that "the genius" title is entirely ironic?

For all this 'cutting down of other people' that I supposedly do, I'm the one who routinely gets torn to shreds, for personal reasons, & then gets warned about 'how I ought not to attack people for personal reasons.' The ironing is delicious on that one.

I rarely rip people, unless extremely provoked. I do, however, subject ideas and arguments to critical scrutiny. If you don't want your opinions scrutinized and subjected to criticism (in the sense of analysis), then DON'T POST IN A PUBLIC FORUM. Your opinion is your own & you're welcome to it, but the second you post it here, you're inviting the world to consider it, weigh its validity, strengths, weaknesses, etc. If you don't let people criticize ideas & arguments, then all your have is a collection of self-satisfied people talking, solipsistically, to themselves. And that is the death of meaningful discussion.

I'm not posting on this again. And I await a flood of PMs from mods telling me that 'I've hijacked a thread' when, in fact, I'm responding to yet another round of unprovoked public rippings.

24The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The greatest communicators are the ones who tailor their message to their audience. And then there are those who blame the receiving receptacle.

25The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 am

That was an attempt by me (I guess an ineffective one) to make fun of myself actually.

26The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The greatest communicators are the ones who tailor their message to their audience. And then there are those who blame the receiving receptacle.

Is it possible to have a sending receptacle?

27The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The greatest communicators are the ones who tailor their message to their audience. And then there are those who blame the receiving receptacle.

I'm warning you, I'm going to be responsible for the next post if you keep this Dung up. You're a mod, at least try to assume some level of civility here.

28The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Unneccesary dig at rooneypoo #2. I am officially keeping track now.

Get over your Cussing self.

29The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

LOL, no, you're right on that one. Receptacles receive, by definition. Ooops. I was trying to find a way to say it's a problem on your end, not mine, without resorting to any name-calling.

30The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

LOL, no, you're right on that one. Receptacles receive, by definition. Ooops. I was trying to find a way to say it's a problem on your end, not mine, without resorting to any name-calling.

The only name-calling that interests me is calling Brian Burke "Brian Jurke". And or, Ron Wilson "Napoleron" or "Napoleon Ronaparte."

more to come

31The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, calm down. If you can't take it then stop dishing it out.

Now, back on topic. What's Brian's next move? Talk is he's shopping Kessel. I almost don't see how he can though, because unless he gets back two lottery picks for him (and he won't) this is what he will be remembered for. Oh, and hiring the coach almost unanimously hated by *all* NHL players.

I honestly don't see a way out for him.

32The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:09 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The only name-calling that interests me is calling Brian Burke "Brian Jurke". And or, Ron Wilson "Napoleron" or "Napoleon Ronaparte."

more to come

LOL @ "Ronaparte." He does have a rather dictatorial personality. I wonder how much longer he lasts there -- strikes me as a bad fit to have a bad team and a general for a coach. Can't squeeze any more juice out of that sorry lemon, Ronny!

33The Genius - Page 2 Empty Re: The Genius Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Oh, calm down. If you can't take it then stop dishing it out.

Now, back on topic. What's Brian's next move? Talk is he's shopping Kessel. I almost don't see how he can though, because unless he gets back two lottery picks for him (and he won't) this is what he will be remembered for. Oh, and hiring the coach almost unanimously hated by *all* NHL players.

I honestly don't see a way out for him.

Dude, respectfully, go Diddle yourself. My whole point is that I'm NOT dishing it out, but you keep dishing it out at me anyway. Point to an instance of all this unprovoked personal ripping I do. Dig up a post. Show me. You keep talking about it, but the evidence remains elusive.

Now, back to considering the sublime & ridiculous that is Napoleon "Ronaparte"...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum