GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+24
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
NEELY
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
Hoags
rooneypoo
CockRoche
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
Ev
TheAvatar
PTFlea
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:is the 'Fire Wilson' bandwagon filling up? or do they still think he's the perfect coach to develop young players? Laugh1

Leafs fans just crack me up so much. Pure comedy relief while they were losing on Saturday night at SBP.
I was listening to the Fan590 today... man, it is heating up for sure and it's slowly turning to FIRE BURKE as well. Which is surprising cuz he ain't going nowhere. Wilson will be gone before Burke is. Firing Wilson now won't really help anything anyways... they just don't have the talent. If things don't improve after Phaneuf and Armstrong return, there's gonna be a lot of pressure on Burke to dump Wilson and look for someone else. But who's out there? Not much to choose from... maybe wait for Ruff to get canned in Buffalo? Wink Heh heh.

Wouldn't surprise me. Good call Shabbs.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:is the 'Fire Wilson' bandwagon filling up? or do they still think he's the perfect coach to develop young players? Laugh1

Leafs fans just crack me up so much. Pure comedy relief while they were losing on Saturday night at SBP.
I was listening to the Fan590 today... man, it is heating up for sure and it's slowly turning to FIRE BURKE as well. Which is surprising cuz he ain't going nowhere. Wilson will be gone before Burke is. Firing Wilson now won't really help anything anyways... they just don't have the talent. If things don't improve after Phaneuf and Armstrong return, there's gonna be a lot of pressure on Burke to dump Wilson and look for someone else. But who's out there? Not much to choose from... maybe wait for Ruff to get canned in Buffalo? Wink Heh heh.

I was half-joking but it makes sense. They need a Ruff-type of coach in there. Wilson can't seem to get anything more out of these guys. Ruff is notorious for getting the most out of what he's been given. Who knows.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I was half-joking but it makes sense. They need a Ruff-type of coach in there. Wilson can't seem to get anything more out of these guys. Ruff is notorious for getting the most out of what he's been given. Who knows.

Imagine if Barry Trotz gets fired. Every coach in the league will be looking over his shoulder.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oddly enough, it's the two-year anniversary of the Leafs hiring Burke today. So, lots of "let's evaluate Burke so far" going on the airwaves today. Fan590 did an evaluation this morning (grade was "D") and AM640 Talk Raiod is getting ready to look at his accomplishments shortly.

Fun times. Heh heh.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Oddly enough, it's the two-year anniversary of the Leafs hiring Burke today. So, lots of "let's evaluate Burke so far" going on the airwaves today. Fan590 did an evaluation this morning (grade was "D") and AM640 Talk Raiod is getting ready to look at his accomplishments shortly.

Fun times. Heh heh.

I only listen to Hockeycentral at Noon and they seem to have blind faith in Burkie (as they call him). I'm amused by their blissful ignorance. Monkey

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think out of all this, we all have to realize that Boston is going to be one scary team to play against. I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all in the next 2-3 years.

Say isn't Burke from the Boston area? How do the leafs fans not see this as some sort of conspiracy Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As much as I love to see Toronto lose, I don't want to see Boston get another Top 2 pick. Ideal situation is for the Leafs to finish 9th or 10th and maintain their mediocrity.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke was on TSN today with Geno Reda... evaluating himself...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=343418

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Burke was on TSN today with Geno Reda... evaluating himself...

I wouldn't hate burke so much if he wasn't so full of himself. Pompous buffoon, the fans have every reason to be angry with you

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Burke was on TSN today with Geno Reda... evaluating himself...

"Do we need more talent? Do we need to execute better? Based on the last few games, you could argue it either way."

He seems to be framing it as though it is either his fault ("Do we need more talent") or Wilson's ("Do we need to execute better?"). It seems to be a combination of the two, IMO. I don't think Wilson is getting the maximum effort out of the Leafs, but I also question plenty of Burke's moves (though the Giguere trade was genius. How they managed to unload Toskala and Blake while bringing in top-end goaltending talent is beyond me).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, he's really misreading the fans, and his team. Unless he's just paying lip service to Geno. He's a master at saying lots without saying anything at all.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, he's not going to come out and admit they only have 1 legit top 6 player. He's gonna spin it and make it look better than it is, and quote the famous excuses of injuries, cap restrictions yadda yadda...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:As much as I love to see Toronto lose, I don't want to see Boston get another Top 2 pick. Ideal situation is for the Leafs to finish 9th or 10th and maintain their mediocrity.

Yeah, or a little lower - 12th is perfect. Not quite a lottery pick and the Leafs still blow chunks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rogers in talks to buy the Leafs????!

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2010/12/01/16384051.html

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't see the Teachers Union giving up that cash cow but you never know.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I can't see the Teachers Union giving up that cash cow but you never know.

Especially with Peddie set to step down next year Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Phaneuf returns tonight...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 I can't stop laughing about Crosby vs the Leafs. What a mismatch. Komisarek is awful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum