GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

O'Brien and Ouellette acquired by Vancouver

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

The Vancouver Canucks have acquired defenceman Shane O'Brien and right wing Michel Ouellet from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for defenceman Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek.

O'Brien will report to Vancouver and Ouellet will report to the team's AHL affiliate in Manitoba.

O'Brien, 25, spent the 2007-08 season with the Tampa Bay Lightning, recording 21 points in 77 games. The Port Hope, Ontario-native has played in 158 NHL games, scoring six goals and 31 assists for a total of 37 points and recording 330 penalty minutes.

Ouellet, 26, has played in 187 career NHL games with Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh, registering 116 points. The 6'0", 201-pound right wing was named to the AHL All-Rookie Team in 2004. B

Ouellet was selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the fourth round, 124th overall in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You beat me to it by seconds. Shane O'Brien and Oulette to the Canucks for...Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek.

Barf the magic dragon, what the hell are the Canucks doing!!?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why wouldn't the want Ouellete with the Nucks?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:You beat me to it by seconds. Shane O'Brien and Oulette to the Canucks for...Lukas Krajicek and right wing Juraj Simek.

Barf the magic dragon, what the hell are the Canucks doing!!?
Tampa just got worse.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Look for either Ohlund or Bieksa to go next.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

What? Now, if that happens I really start to wonder what is going on... have to feel for Luongo. Nobody likes being Captain of a sinking ship.

Vermette, Schubert and Gerber for Luongo and Bieksa....

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:Look for either Ohlund or Bieksa to go next.

To be honest I dont think either would be moved.

Canucks D of:

Bieska - Ohlund
Mitchell - Salo
O'Brien - Edler
Davidson/Nycholat

Looks to be rather tough and balanced. Adding Oullett gives them another scoring winger when and if they can get him through recall waivers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
jamvan wrote:Look for either Ohlund or Bieksa to go next.

To be honest I dont think either would be moved.

Canucks D of:

Bieska - Ohlund
Mitchell - Salo
O'Brien - Edler
Davidson/Nycholat

Looks to be rather tough and balanced. Adding Oullett gives them another scoring winger when and if they can get him through recall waivers.

Oh yeah, he has to be re-called. He sucks like no one's business, but for 600K...

Nah...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

These moves are just a bunch of masturbation...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum