GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Flo The Action
mattshock
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
Ev
spader
sandysensfan
Straight Shooter
PTFlea
Hoags
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:40 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:Calgary officially has the worst prospect pool in the league.
And they gave the Rangers' a future defense that will probably be top 3 in the league soon Facepalm

Precisely.

Well, this is fun to re-read.

EDIT: Erixon had a lot of buzz. Looks like he's a full-on bust at this point.

32Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Erixon busted so hard lol

33Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey we can all be wrong. I was dead wrong about Peterson.

34Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Hey we can all be wrong. I was dead wrong about Peterson.

Was it you who said "Petersson or bust" in your sig? If so, you weren't wrong -- you gave two options and one of them panned out.

35Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:23 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

There seemed to be many on draft day who were treating the rankings as gospel. Picking anyone ahead of their rank is a "garbage pick" and anyone who falls is a "steal".

It seems to me that at the end of the day there's a lot of hard work that goes into scouting and even more luck that determines the outcome of these picks.

Rundblad, Lehner, and Silfverberg were some of the prospects I was most excited for back when I was cheering for the Senators, and I wasn't high on Stone (skating, mostly) at all. Being wrong is just part of being a hockey fan (for me at least).

It seems as though for every Gaudreau who emerges, a Jankowski quietly disappears into the background.

Touching on draft rankings, that Sam Bennett pick at 4 is looking amazing from the 2014 draft.

36Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:00 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about the Flames? Second in the League. No need to sacrifice the very little future they have to take a chance at going deep in the playoffs. Just got with the flow IMO. IF they're gonna gamble then gamble that Neal finds his game come playoffs.

- Unknown Author

37Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:48 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe some insurance in nets. And a depth defender. That's all I would do in Calgary. You're right. No need to do anything crazy or mess up team chemistry.

Cheering for Calgary in the playoffs this year. Or Winnipeg. I'm good with both!

38Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very nice to see the Flames having success...they deserve it!

39Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Nice to see a small market, Canadian team having success. They're proving it's doable.

40Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:21 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nice to see a small market, Canadian team having success. They're proving it's doable.

We didn't really need more proof...Ottawa and Winnipeg have proved it's possible as well. It is encouraging though...after the Dung they've been through.

41Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flames with the Conference and home ice at least until the finals. Looks like they weren't as "in tough" as you thought PTFlea? Uck

- Unknown Author

42Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll certainly be pulling for Calgary and Winnipeg in the playoffs.

43Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Calgary Flames TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Flames with the Conference and home ice at least until the finals.  Looks like they weren't as "in tough" as you thought PTFlea? Uck

Yeah I'm surprised. I also wouldn't bet on the goaltending in the playoffs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum